BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I don’t wrap my pork shoulders. The extra time isn’t a problem for me - though one freak shoulder stalled FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

Man...all these mouth watering photos. I gotta get a pellet grill. I'm so tired of gas.

What seasoning and size? We love salmon. Thanks
Right at a pound. Usually takes 45min to get to 145 internal. Funny enough I use Uncle Lou’s Corruption seasoning on it. Brine it in either lemon juice or teriyaki/water/garlic for an hour before.

Anybody not wrap at 165* on brisket or pork shoulders? I I’ve always wrapped in peach butcher paper. I’m well aware it adds hours to the smoke but I’m going to try it on a pork shoulder to see how it changes the bark.

Not pork shoulder. I always wrap my brisket but almost never pork shoulder unless I just can’t get it to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some simple wings with sweet baby rays and some brown sugar

F53384B1-77C4-4405-AFEB-096DB56B1E6D.jpeg

I got the grill over 750 degrees and seared some ribeye steaks.. They were amazing!!

Great grilling day

Beer soaked Italian sausage, maple bourbon w/ rub chicken legs, and then lemon garlic legs
20200419_135922.jpg

Those beef ribs looks good!!

My new Rec Tec smoker was delivered this morning less than a week after I ordered it! I’ll be cooking 4 racks of ribs today along with maybe some brats. I tested it out with some bacon at 400* after the initial burn in.

View attachment 8937702View attachment 8937733View attachment 8937705
sweet. I am g;as I saw this. I just ordered one on Thursday. It’s set to deliver on Wednesday. I’ve been craving burnt ends and have been Without a smoker now for two years. The bottom rusted through on my old one. I have been eyeing a rec tec for three years now so I finally did it. My guess is that I will never use my Weber Genesis again. I must’ve had a premonition that I was going to order one because I had an outlet installed exactly where I want to put it.

sweet. I am g;as I saw this. I just ordered one on Thursday. It’s set to deliver on Wednesday. I’ve been craving burnt ends and have been Without a smoker now for two years. The bottom rusted through on my old one. I have been eyeing a rec tec for three years now so I finally did it. My guess is that I will never use my Weber Genesis again. I must’ve had a premonition that I was going to order one because I had an outlet installed exactly where I want to put it.

You will LOVE your new 700 “Bull”!
I have a weber Summit that I’ll still use for searing steaks or burgers at 700 but chicken and fish and almost anything else will be on the RECTEC. Super pleased with how easy it is to use and how uniformly and well it hold the set temperature.

Right now the pork shoulder is at 8 1/2 hours and the ribs are at hour 4.5.:)

3B65756E-B853-4262-96EA-D9C6322597CD.jpeg4D1A333E-2295-4BF5-B599-A5FB63A81AC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems like my Sunday tradition has become tailgater grill and a beer. I think I may keep this going after the world begins to spin again. Fajitas made with a homemade adobo marinade on deck.
A617423D-C58B-47DE-95DB-6F415B4E8880.jpeg

As good as my Rec Tec is, I still kept my infrared grill. They'll will be times when you want to do something quick or get a quick char.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but what resources do you guys use to make purchasing decisions etc..?

For example, are there Go-To BBQ websites you guys trust to review BBQ gear?

Lastly, for a BBQ Padawan: could you throw out some essentials I may want to consider investing in outside of a grill itself? Thank you!

i've been using memphis dust on most of my pork for the past few years.

175 g brown sugar
160 g white sugar
50 g paprika
40 g garlic powder
20 g freshly ground black pepper
10 g ground ginger
10 g onion powder
5 g ground rosemary
Thanks again for this info. I did a little variation but the brown sugar was a great add to my usual. I used my Weber kettle, snake method for the coals. Smoked the rack and a bunch of wings for 2.5 hours, drip pan in the middle with some apple juice in it. Direct heat to the wings with a little La Choy orange glaze for a few minutes then removed and ate... loosely wrapped the ribs in foil and back on the grill indirect for 3 hours. Fell off the bone, great flavor. Pictures next time.

Back