BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hey guys.....silly question for the pellet grill pros.

Example: I want to quickly cook a burger- how much longer does it take on a pellet grill vs. a propane one? This was a question from my wife and it seems pretty simple and logical, but I had no answer. I assume a bit longer.....perhaps 5 mins or so?

Hey guys.....silly question for the pellet grill pros.

Example: I want to quickly cook a burger- how much longer does it take on a pellet grill vs. a propane one? This was a question from my wife and it seems pretty simple and logical, but I had no answer. I assume a bit longer.....perhaps 5 mins or so?
Answer will be up to you! Get the sear/grill plates. You crank the smoker up to 500 degrees, those sear plates will get 600+. So, whatever temp you normally cook your burgers on the grill, you can get it on the smoker.

Answer will be up to you! Get the sear/grill plates. You crank the smoker up to 500 degrees, those sear plates will get 600+. So, whatever temp you normally cook your burgers on the grill, you can get it on the smoker.

my problem is how long it takes to get to 500* on the pellet cooker. Its very problematic in a reverse sear situation. Thats why I spent $400 on a basic grill that I can heat up in 5 minutes while the meat is still smoking on the pellet cooker.

my problem is how long it takes to get to 500* on the pellet cooker. Its very problematic in a reverse sear situation. Thats why I spent $400 on a basic grill that I can heat up in 5 minutes while the meat is still smoking on the pellet cooker.
I did the same thing. Pellet cooker is great for everything but it just doesn't do a rib eye, strip steak, filet correctly. Mine gets to 500 and it still doesn't sear correctly.

I did the same thing. Pellet cooker is great for everything but it just doesn't do a rib eye, strip steak, filet correctly. Mine gets to 500 and it still doesn't sear correctly.

With Grill Grates, 500 can really get to 600-650. While we have a Napoleon Gasser with the sizzle zone for this, we have done it with Grill Grates with solid success.

I have a pellet grill and have used the grill grates successfully, but it still doesn't compare to actual sear that you would get on a gas grill with a sear zone.

With Grill Grates, 500 can really get to 600-650. While we have a Napoleon Gasser with the sizzle zone for this, we have done it with Grill Grates with solid success.

I’ll give that a whirl.

Did the Meat Church queso this weekend. It didn't last long.

Grilled chicken legs using a rack that holds them vertical. Sprinkled with a pork and poultry rub and grilled at 350 for about an hr to 190 degrees. Turned out awesome!!!

I subbed cream of jalapeño w/ cream of mushroom. Store didn’t have but gonna make it again later w/ CoJ next time. I did add some chopped pickled jalapeño & juice as well.

I’m going to make it this weekend. I went with the jalapeño Velveeta since I couldn’t get the cream of jalapeño. I think it will go over well with my family. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know when, but at some point I'm going to try modifying that smoked queso recipe to turn it into smoked mac & queso. I will probably use chorizo instead of sausage, too.

I’m going to make it this weekend. I went with the jalapeño Velveeta since I couldn’t get the cream of jalapeño. I think it will go over well with my family. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still use a cream of something in it!

Got another brisket for the 4th. Trying for back 2 back successful attempts here.

Smoked some pork butt rubbed with Meat Church Holy Cow rub yesterday on the Rectec.

Did it at 300°

took 7 hrs and 45 minutes to probe tender, right at 200° internal

Double wrapped with foil in the cooler for an hour. It was fantastic

B30B1E27-0CE6-44CA-AD11-08ECF6019C6B.jpegB31DF083-F1A3-410B-9695-0B1D5BD31172.jpeg

The egg is stuffedIMG-20200704-WA0015.jpeg

Doing my first Brisket tomorrow, little scared, lot excited. Hahahaha

Back