BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hey @Nate look what is delivering today 😈😈
7C3BB431-570A-4BDB-871E-7942E271A9E9.jpeg

Yeah that is what I've been reading as well. I want something that I can smoke some meat, but also have the flexibility to throw burgers & other items on as well. I may just have to have two grills, unless there is an option out there for both. I will have to take a look at that Weber.

imho that’s a kamado style grill. a lot of brands have a version, but i don’t know enough to say which is best. there’s a little learning curve to get used to the slower cooks, and you need to babysit it more than a pellet, but i think you’ll get a more intense smoke/charcoal flavor and more flexibility in the type of cook. i have a vision grills kamado that works fine for me and we love the flavor. my in-laws gave me a grilla chimp for christmas, so i’ll be doing some longer cooks on the pellet and will report back.

So my wife got me the Traeger Pro780 for Xmas. That sucker looks like a beast...time to start putting it together & figure out what I’m cooking first.

So my wife got me the Traeger Pro780 for Xmas. That sucker looks like a beast...time to start putting it together & figure out what I’m cooking first.
Solid machine

You’re crazy. What’s your plan for it’s main use over big brother?
Main plan is for steaks at 750 degrees. And since it’s smaller than my traeger use it I am just doing small things like a chicken breast
I am going to have to do another add on to my back porch haha

THREE ducks are prepped and ready for smoke!

THREE ducks are prepped and ready for smoke!
Sounds awesome!!! Never had duck but willing to give it a go!!!

Anyone ever assemble a Traeger Pro780 before? How much time am I looking at? Wondering if I should start tonight or wait.

damn @mmaynard11 . that is a beast! Mine looks like a puppy compared to your big dog.

damn @mmaynard11 . that is a beast! Mine looks like a puppy compared to your big dog.
I just asked my wife...who does she think I’m cooking for?!?!?

Her response we do have a pool & I like to socialize with folks.

Anyone ever assemble a Traeger Pro780 before? How much time am I looking at? Wondering if I should start tonight or wait.
15 minutes tops

12 lb fresh turkey took 2.5 hrs in the egg, very tasty with a bit of smoke but not overwhelming. Used some apple wood chunks for the start to infuse some flavor.

[/QUOTE

they are fairly easy to assemble. The instructions also suggest he take beer breaks.

I am horrible at assembly at my traeger 780 was a breeze. Took about 30 minutes

That’s what I’m afraid of...if I start cracking open the beers...

I am horrible at assembly at my traeger 780 was a breeze. Took about 30 minutes
Here we go...

Once I’m primed and ready I’ll be reaching out for recipes & tips!!!

Done...I’m ready to give this baby it’s first burn & throw a brisket on it. My daughter had the nerve to say dad that grill is almost as tall as you.B9A01834-B439-425F-B0F9-9D0C9B16935D.jpeg

Christmas pork butt! COVID-19 has its perks!IMG_20201224_203156.jpg

Send that baby to me I’ll cook it up!!!
Haha going on the smoker at 5am! Dadlife! Is real...

Friend and I were talking after some bourbon... Golf, bourbon, cigars and smoking are the male version of being basic... Basic girls get leggings, uggs, starbucks and silly fur accents

Back