BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Short story short... it was incredible

b772db8609f7633cf3b1e4d6b81e4b9d.jpg

Tomorrow is outdoor kitchen cleaning day and did a test run on the stainless prep table with some Adam’s Graphene Spray I use on our cars. It works crazy well.

Tomorrow I will clean off the Napoleon and the Grilla and they will get the same topper.

EF23A449-75A6-43C3-ACB6-0B7C0E79A038.jpeg

Brisket ready to go for tomorrow!!!

Well that wasn’t good or ideal...Traeger ran through pellets & shut down. Luckily I wasn’t only 10 mins from the house but not had to go through shut down process & restart up. This flat is taking forever. Been at 160 for awhile now...

Should I crank it up higher than 250?

Well that wasn’t good or ideal...Traeger ran through pellets & shut down. Luckily I wasn’t only 10 mins from the house but not had to go through shut down process & restart up. This flat is taking forever. Been at 160 for awhile now...

That is called the stall. It can be quick or it can be forever. All depends on the meat. Cranking it up is not advised too often.

That is called the stall. It can be quick or it can be forever. All depends on the meat. Cranking it up is not advised too often.
Yeah the stall can be a killer for meal prep / dinner timing. Luckily we had a late brunch. 😂. Mind boggling how that all works.

If you're in a hurry to eat you'd probably be fine wrapping in foil and bringing the temp up to 300. If you aren't in a hurry, crack a beer and let it ride :D

If you're in a hurry to eat you'd probably be fine wrapping in foil and bringing the temp up to 300. If you aren't in a hurry, crack a beer and let it ride :D
I could let it ride, but these hungry ladies would never let that happen. Time to feed them the sides.

Haven't straight grilled anything in quite awhile but chicken breast are pretty easy8EFFFDCA-3152-4352-896B-63395552E712.jpeg

Haven't straight grilled anything in quite awhile but chicken breast are pretty easyView attachment 9001344
Those look great. What did you sauce them with?

For the longest time I didn't care as much for chicken breasts because I thought they were dry. Now that I cook with an instant read thermometer and can pull them the second they reach the temp I want, it's never dry and one of my favorite quick things to grill.

Those look great. What did you sauce them with?

For the longest time I didn't care as much for chicken breasts because I thought they were dry. Now that I cook with an instant read thermometer and can pull them the second they reach the temp I want, it's never dry and one of my favorite quick things to grill.

Thanks. Sauce is from Smoky Jon's in Madison WI. It's my favorite sauce for everything.

Agree about the Thermapen. Sure makes cooking easier

Grilling pork chops and chicken breasts with rib bones in for Easter dinner.

Cooked a turkey and a ham for Easter this weekend.
Don't let the appearance deceive you, I count this cook as a failure.
RGHrwy5.jpg

20210404_181808.jpg

Pork chops for Easter dinner!

Argentinian Pink Shrimp on the flat top with Spiceology Black and Bleu and damn was it good.

6DD2CEE0-1196-4893-B44B-658546E76CFA.jpeg
A81E5905-D268-442E-B9CE-65B328BF0874.jpeg

I think the real question is how have the hibachi chef skills developed? I'm hoping one of you attempted the Shrimp in the pocket trick.

Cauliflower rice and Argentinian red shrimp with Kosmos Sweet Pecan rub

3ADEC383-CE3E-45A8-8B80-830AFB573B57.jpeg
5F2BBF35-F311-4D99-A8FA-E6A9F98030A5.jpeg
6A275A38-DCC4-4BA5-BAE8-7F024A009B5E.jpeg

A) Looks amazing.

B) is that a griddle top only or is it part of your propane BBQ? Trying to figure out what I am getting for the new home. Not sure if I am going to go propane and pellet or just propane and been doing a ton of research on all of them.

Its a Blackstone Pro.
I think the outdoor kitchen pictures a page ago kind of show where it is. Its across from our smoker on one side and our gas grill on the other. GolferGal is using the smoker for fish, so I went to the flat top for a nice shrimp dish.

Its a Blackstone Pro.
I think the outdoor kitchen pictures a page ago kind of show where it is. Its across from our smoker on one side and our gas grill on the other. GolferGal is using the smoker for fish, so I went to the flat top for a nice shrimp dish.
I will track those down. Which ones if you don't mind for smoker and gas?

I will track those down. Which ones if you don't mind for smoker and gas?

Grilla Grills SilverBac built into their outdoor kitchen.
Napoleon Prestige Pro 500 Gas
Blackstone Pro Series Griddle

Back