BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I've never heard of putting oranges in a low country boil - limes/lemons, yes, but never seen oranges... interesting...

I've never heard of putting oranges in a low country boil - limes/lemons, yes, but never seen oranges... interesting...

not sure, just know it is delicious like this 🤷🏼‍♂️👍

Did my first brisket Saturday night. Overall happy, but some learnings were had for sure. It was a bit on the side of overdone (partly due to timing, partly due to the flat being too thin in places) but still good. 17.5lbs gross weight became 12.5lbs net. The trim became tallow overnight on Friday, to be included in the cook on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Brisket went on at 11:30pm on Saturday night, was wrapped around 9:30am on Sunday with tons of tallow (admittedly late - I slept in) and then was off around 11:45am and rested in a cooler until 5:30pm. The Thermoworks Billows set up worked a charm and would definitely recommend it to anyone!
PsVYa10.jpg

PZHJt8Q.jpg

OvaRkri.png

7XlSrZs.jpg

Iqi2Fm9.jpg

X0MT3Ll.jpg
What brand of knife is that?

Just fired off my first big smoke in the RecTec 340, 6lb. pork butt. Anyone hungry you have about 10hrs to get here! 😛
20210409_070819.jpg

Just fired off my first big smoke in the RecTec 340, 6lb. pork butt. Anyone hungry you have about 10hrs to get here! 😛
View attachment 9002120

You will love your RecTec. I just did two boston butts on our RT700 on Tuesday and we had carnitas tacos last night with some of the leftovers. To make clean up easier, you might want to cover the stainless drip pan with aluminum foil and change it out every handful of uses. It only takes a minute or two.

You will love your RecTec. I just did two boston butts on our RT700 on Tuesday and we had carnitas tacos last night with some of the leftovers. To make clean up easier, you might want to cover the stainless drip pan with aluminum foil and change it out every handful of uses. It only takes a minute or two.
I used it once for some chicken breast and loved it, so much easier than my old wood charcoal one. Pulled pork is one of my daughters favorite foods so she is stoked!
Side note: wide aluminum foil is already on the shopping list this morning! 😉

I used it once for some chicken breast and loved it, so much easier than my old wood charcoal one. Pulled pork is one of my daughters favorite foods so she is stoked!
Side note: wide aluminum foil is already on the shopping list this morning! 😉
I made the mistake of not covering my Rec Tec with foil first. BIG mistake...lesson learned. I also got a new drip pan.

Chugging thru "The stall" :)
Screenshot_20210409-131401_recteq.jpg

Bam! Dinner in a hour! 😋
20210409_175501.jpg

You need a drip tray!!! My OCD is going haywire with those drippings.

Rested and ready to pull! 20210409_183248.jpg

So we went with 7 can lights plus the one on the ceiling fan and went 6500 color so it’s daylight shade. It’s fairly dark out and yet it’s bright as all get out in here

BAFBE575-A7F2-4225-891E-61FD5A91ABAB.jpeg

So we went with 7 can lights plus the one on the ceiling fan and went 6500 color so it’s daylight shade. It’s fairly dark out and yet it’s bright as all get out in here

View attachment 9002200
That looks like a good work area, I hate using sharp knives in a dim kitchen. Just a accident waiting to happen.

Back