BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

So I missed/snoozed my alarm at 1130 last night to switch it from smoke setting to cooking temp, so a 10# pork butt has been on smoke for 10 hours lol I basically missed 7 hours of cooking

Think it'll be ruined on the smoke setting that long? And even cooking at 250 now, it probably won't be ready for 3pm will it? Current IT reads 115.. I would wrap it but there's no bark to it

So I missed/snoozed my alarm at 1130 last night to switch it from smoke setting to cooking temp, so a 10# pork butt has been on smoke for 10 hours lol I basically missed 7 hours of cooking

Think it'll be ruined on the smoke setting that long? And even cooking at 250 now, it probably won't be ready for 3pm will it? Current IT reads 115.. I would wrap it but there's no bark to it

What's the smoke setting temp?

Pork butt is very forgiving to cook. You can easily turn up higher if it's not progressing fast enough. I do mine at 300° for 6-7 hours and they turn out great 👍

What's the smoke setting temp?

Pork butt is very forgiving to cook. You can easily turn up higher if it's not progressing fast enough. I do mine at 300° for 6-7 hours and they turn out great 👍
The smoke setting tends to be 145* or so. But that's good to know I can kick it up that high, thanks!

Smash burgers tonight with some meat from a local farm.

D54589CD-D746-4D03-B618-3A606992D8E5.jpeg

Think I may try some jalapeño slaw this weekend with some pulled pork, anyone try that before?

Finally replaced my old grill-top pizza oven. Ordered the Ooni Koda. Just went with the 12 over the 16 for both space and cost. I've been too long without a pizza oven, so looking forward to getting it in hand.

Think I may try some jalapeño slaw this weekend with some pulled pork, anyone try that before?

my wife makes this spicy slaw to go with pulled pork. It's excellentDC2EED54-37A6-4B9B-B755-0D93A2BE1471.jpeg

Last edited:
Onions and garlic going on for some shrimp fried cauliflower rice

315CE83E-2D38-40D6-9263-63FF0770A5CD.jpeg

Shrimp is on

B3A4B8FD-4AF6-4ECA-8B7E-C78AE5F9C6EF.jpeg

Anyone get the WIFI upgrade for the Grilla Grills yet? Im still on the waiting list waiting on more supplies to come in. Curious how they are working out for the folks that snagged them

Smoking some butts this weekend and trying out a jalapeño slaw, looking forward to it!

It is allegedly National Burger Day. Might need to indulge in some sort of patty based creation!

Rolling smoke today
df51d828557d1ef59977fd8eaf8ec275.jpg

Looking to replace my 1997 Weber Grill and went to look at a Broilmaster. Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Found the capacity limit yesterday of my Summit Kamado. It's 4 chickens:
w0lDfys.jpg

lWTPNC2.jpg

0w8g2ut.jpg

Secured some ribs for today's smoke, looking forward to it!

Back