BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I love that, so much rapid anticipation and then you run into a wall of disappointment.
I had that yesterday with a 2" thick ribeye I was reverse searing at 225F - it raced to 100F in 30mins and then it took 1hr to get to 125F and I couldn't take it anymore.

what temp do you smoke them?

200 and then bump to 225 this time from @GolferGal

What he said. I was trying to impart a little more smoke by cooking it at a lower temp and then bumping it up. I was hoping to leave it unwrapped the entire time to get a great bark, but this damn stall is never ending so I just gave in and wrapped it. Otherwise we wouldn’t be eating until midnight.

What he said. I was trying to impart a little more smoke by cooking it at a lower temp and then bumping it up. I was hoping to leave it unwrapped the entire time to get a great bark, but this damn stall is never ending so I just gave in and wrapped it. Otherwise we wouldn’t be eating until midnight.

was curious going low and slow that went on late morning, when you were looking to eat👍😎

was curious going low and slow that went on late morning, when you were looking to eat👍😎

It’s a 3lb pork butt, I figured it wouldn’t take THAT long, but I was wrong, oh so very wrong. I have had 8lb briskets cook faster than this. And I know, each piece of meat is different and does what it wants to do, but damn this one is stubborn.

So I did something interesting. It was a recipe from David Chang. I took spareribs and cut them into individual ribs and seasoned. Turned the traeger to 400 and did 40-45 minutes. The fat rendered perfectly and the ribs had a great bite to them like competition style ribs. They were great. I highly recommend attempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did something interesting. It was a recipe from David Chang. I took spareribs and cut them into individual ribs and seasoned. Turned the traeger to 400 and did 40-45 minutes. The fat rendered perfectly and the ribs had a great bite to them like competition style ribs. They were great. I highly recommend attempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link?

Beginning of this podcast. https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/3/...ork-ethic-master-of-none-and-asians-on-screen Somewhere around 10-15 minutes. Not a written recipe. I highly suggest buying the seasoning he is talking https://shop.momofuku.com/products/pantry-starter-pack about because it is delicious on everything. But we tried it again with a normal BBQ rub and it was great too.

All three seasonings are amazing and the chili crunch is freaking great. I use that on everything. Soy sauce not so much but he has packages where you don't need to buy those.

Did some burgers with a good amount of Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning, onions, Worcestershire, an egg, some S&P

Smoked 30 minutes at 200°

Seared 60-90 seconds a side on the Weber

Topped them with sour cream, jalapeños and bacon. These were some of the better burgers I've made

this is just out of the smoker
D7B79336-67B2-4EE8-9F7F-4B86C722F73A.jpeg

@JB do you have a silverbac? Cannot remember if it is you or someone else…

Our new house has a big back patio I am thinking of something a bit easier than our offset to keep up there.

@JB do you have a silverbac? Cannot remember if it is you or someone else…

Our new house has a big back patio I am thinking of something a bit easier than our offset to keep up there.
Yes sir.

8538400D-50D4-40D0-8EC4-31C2E2CF5CC7.jpeg

Do you love it? Would you recommend it? The reviews seem really really solid

We do. Had it for years now. Double Walled Insulation is what brought us to them and it has been a work horse.

We do. Had it for years now. Double Walled Insulation is what brought us to them and it has been a work horse.

Thanks. I think I am going to pull the trigger when we get into our new house.

It is rare for me to get a recipe request from more than a few people. I have had 8 people ask for my chicken recipe and many of them were asking because people at the block party asked them about it. This was so much easier than my old Huli Huli recipe and I just wanted to post it again for those that may have missed it. It was better when I didn't marinate 24 hours because it was less salty (6 hour marinade was great). I served with Hawaiian rolls and extra bottle of teriyaki sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's). I made on my smoker but am going to try again by finishing after two hour smoke with lump charcoal.
1623432806927.png

CRISIS AVERTED!!! After work today I am smoking a couple pork shoulders for my Nephew's high school grad party tomorrow. I already have two in the freezer and bought another one that's been in the fridge a week or so ago. And of course, I forgot to take one out of the freezer. A 9lb hunk of meat doesn't thaw very fast so I figured I would swing by Kroger and grab a 2nd one. Kroger - no shouldahs!!! Yikes... my head is spinning, where is the next Kroger, can I get my son to drive to one, or my buddy who is in town to visit his parents, maybe he can stop and pick one up on his way here.

Anyways, totally forgetting about Walmart, my wife was able to run out and get one when she got off work a bit ago...

So one is going to be standard pulled pork with a regular butt rub. The 2nd will be a shorter smoke, then go into a pot to braise to make a carnitas style... Happy Smoking!

Pre-game cookout. Reverse sear by smoking about an hour and then throwing on the charcoal.

My setup (made the table you can barely see)6CA433C1-FBB6-49CB-AD19-9765B12CA8AA.jpeg

32490CD1-754C-4FBB-A899-8B4BE720D76E.jpeg
done
02C0E29F-51FC-43A7-8454-AE22CD88BC24.jpeg

I was experimenting with second-burn charcoal last night and grilled up some pork chops and corn on the cob. While maybe not nuclear hot, it was still plenty hot to do that. I still have lots to learn about the lifespan of charcoal and how useful second-burn is vs. virgin charcoal.

Just grilled up some Johnsonville brats. Love them on a tortilla instead of a bun!

CF2A8A01-4484-4C20-AEE3-B663FC44D72C.jpeg

Back