BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

My daughter had 11 of her high school friends staying with us at the lake for the weekend and this was lunch one day. :) Seven 17 year old boys can throw down some food.

8BA90310-BE3C-40DD-98B3-198990820BAE.jpeg

You can tell which items are for the kids and what items are for the adults.
Nah it was all adults lol though my 95 yo grandma eats like a kid. Whenever I take her out it's always grilled cheese sandwiches 😂

I've made a decision and it's going to be Smash Burgers on the Blackstone tonight.

Curious for my fellow pellet grill aficionados … do you guys believe the pellet type/brand makes any significant difference in taste? I’m pretty skeptical after many smokes that it makes much difference…

Curious for my fellow pellet grill aficionados … do you guys believe the pellet type/brand makes any significant difference in taste? I’m pretty skeptical after many smokes that it makes much difference…
Used some cheap Pit Boss pellets the first couple times and was disappointed with what seemed like a lack of smoke flavor. Switched to Lumberjack and it was a lot better. Lumberjack also seemed like they didn’t burn up as quickly and resulted in less ash.

Bear Mountain is my next test since Lumberjack isn’t sold locally by me.

I'm not a pooper guy, but I keep hearing Lumberjack is the go.

Sweet. I haven't used mine since I got my Humphreys.
It's been a while since I've used mine. Bought 2 separate pellet ones used, and have had nothing but problems. Nice going back to old reliable, even if it's a little more work. Best BBQ I've ever made has all come out of this.

It's been a while since I've used mine. Bought 2 separate pellet ones used, and have had nothing but problems. Nice going back to old reliable, even if it's a little more work. Best BBQ I've ever made has all come out of this.

I thought it was the absolute best way to learn for prep and fire control. The only two briskets I've ever done were in mine and they were fantastic. Funny thing is, I haven't done one in the Weekender yet.

I thought it was the absolute best way to learn for prep and fire control. The only two briskets I've ever done were in mine and they were fantastic. Funny thing is, I haven't done one in the Weekender yet.
Yeah, I think I'll always have a drum style smoker in the rotation, though I'd like to upgrade to a BGE style one at some point. Need to get the pellet situation remedied first though, as they're so damn convenient.

You got me looking at Humphreys, they look pretty sweet. Which weekender do you have?

You got me looking at Humphreys, they look pretty sweet. Which weekender do you have?

Just the Weekender with a cart. I found it on FB Marketplace down in Winston-Salem for a stupid price and did a 15 hour round trip to go and get it. Don't regret it at all.

PXL_20210926_205249528.MP.jpg

@jdtox you need a Blackstone. These smash burgers were legit. Served them on toasted Hawaiian rolls!
C5B6A89D-581E-495F-B022-AAA261680399.jpeg
C7ACCC9F-6002-4C2F-BFAA-56FA65A3BD98.jpeg

@jdtox heartily agree with Powder @Mmaynard11 but if you don't have Blackstone money I recommend the Flatiron from Chargriller.

I've seen 4-5 meals that you've made on the blackstone. I think it's great and everything seems to turn out very well for you there. Just throwing it in that I enjoy following your food threads.
Appreciate it! The best part about it...any meal is so simple to make. Just prep prior to. Clean up is a breeze.

Gonna do some pizzas on the Traeger this weekend using some mail order dough from a pizzeria in New York. Have yet to try pulled pork on the Traeger so that is also on the schedule this weekend.

Picked up a display blackstone with air fryer for 120... Getting it home was a challenge lol basically had it sticking out the trunk of my sedan 😆 Another reason I need a truck

How do I clean this thing of any rust, just high heat and scrape the crap out of it?

Picked up a display blackstone with air fryer for 120... Getting it home was a challenge lol basically had it sticking out the trunk of my sedan 😆 Another reason I need a truck

How do I clean this thing of any rust, just high heat and scrape the crap out of it?

as part of my prepurchase research (y)

Never owned one but I always thought you’d treat a blackstone/griddle like you would cast iron, clean it and keep it oiled so rust doesn’t start?

Never owned one but I always thought you’d treat a blackstone/griddle like you would cast iron, clean it and keep it oiled so rust doesn’t start?

You really don't need to keep it oiled. If you do your initial clean and seasoning, then keep it clean you should be fine. No re-oiling required.

I ordered the Grilla Silverback, now for the wait time of a couple of weeks. :(

Back