BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Oops

Shiiiiiitt did I just screw this up? All the black from the griddle is gone .. I followed the steps in that instruction, just used steel wood and wet/dry sandpaper
20220902_140602.jpg

Guess I'll try the seasoning and see what happens 🤞

Shiiiiiitt did I just screw this up? All the black from the griddle is gone .. I followed the steps in that instruction, just used steel wood and wet/dry sandpaper
View attachment 9117322

Guess I'll try the seasoning and see what happens 🤞
You're good... it's just really stripped down. Plan on several hours of re-seasoning. (y)

You're good... it's just really stripped down. Plan on several hours of re-seasoning. (y)
Thanks, going to fill my 2 backup tanks in case. I'm actually doing a couple more scrubs, the oil still comes up brown. Not sure if it was rust, think it's the residue from the paper that was glued to it. I even tried citrisafe and some goo gone haha stubborn crap

Should have ordered the bigger propane tank adapter. :unsure:

It's a meat heavy weekend. Steak for lunch. Mango Habenero ribs and Honey Ribs for dinner and starting my brisket tonigjt for dinner tomorrow. Brisket pics will come later.
20220902_123610.jpg20220902_123623.jpg

Making progress.. probably 12-15 layers in. I Think the whole thing is supposed to be brown?

20220902_163652.jpg

Nah, I always have 2 in use (grill and fire pit) and a 3rd for a backup. Took the one out of the grill and will fill all 3, and then just have to get a 4th for a backup maybe

Nah, I always have 2 in use (grill and fire pit) and a 3rd for a backup. Took the one out of the grill and will fill all 3, and then just have to get a 4th for a backup maybe

Sorry, wasnt very clear, that was a self-talk statement. I need one. :LOL:

Spritzing my ribs with this as a fun experiment. Drinking most of it though1662159991717728030001891690797.jpg

Making progress.. probably 12-15 layers in. I Think the whole thing is supposed to be brown?

View attachment 9117358

No, you won't be able to get the whole thing. It looks good, but why is it not getting hot down in that right corner?

Welp, everything fine with the mini propane tanks. Try to hook up a big one with the adaptor and nothing. :unsure:

Could be the regulator. Pretty sure I read about that happening using a bigger bottle somewhere.

Could be the regulator. Pretty sure I read about that happening using a bigger bottle somewhere.

i dunno, I picked up a blackstone branded one locally at wally world to not wait for shipping, not thinking there were possibly different kinds.

but the regulator set up looks different than the one on the blackstone website. already threw away the box so not sure if it was different, or older?

anyways, half a load of bacon wasted and a cold griddle needing cleaning. :(

These ribs were mint! I used Kosmos Killer Bee Honey rub. Also had my Mum's cucumber salad, Caroline style slaw and Mexican street corn.
PXL_20220903_213353077.MP.jpg

PXL_20220903_221825791.MP.jpg

@Gyro25 I'm not sure your right burner is on or working properly.

It took about 10 more swipes with olive oil but it eventually got brown and blackened ... Took it for the inaguaral cook with some fajitas
20220904_165823.jpg
20220904_165837_1.gif

You can find kitchen islands or outdoor setups that feature a propane grill and a kamado. But I have yet to see one that features propane and pellet.

Another couple hours left on the pork shoulder
79FC4BE6-3DDE-46B1-A4E1-F5533160E35C.jpeg

Oh yeah ready for the Pork Butt to hit the Traeger in the morning…
5228EC41-2C5A-42EB-8045-F287435A88E8.jpeg

I tried a search of this thread and found nothing, so with that out of the way, I am looking for either an online or pdf cookbook for pellet grilling:
Your suggestions please?

Back