BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Just put the butt on some smoke.

Nothing like starting an early morning smoke.
How long you going for today?
Only doing a 5lb since it’s just the 4 of us. Hoping we get there in 8.5 hrs or I’ll be eating all by myself. I probably should have started at 4am.

Only doing a 5lb since it’s just the 4 of us. Hoping we get there in 8.5 hrs or I’ll be eating all by myself. I probably should have started at 4am.
You should be. There will be a stall at some point, but you can wrap with some butter and rub mixed in there and it should get going.

Mine yesterday was a little over 5lb I did 250°. Started around noon pulled it at 197 around 8:30. Hope it turns out amazing and on time!

You should be. There will be a stall at some point, but you can wrap with some butter and rub mixed in there and it should get going.
I always keep that trick in my back pocket. Speaking of which I should probably go pick up some more pellets.

Mine yesterday was a little over 5lb I did 250°. Started around noon pulled it at 197 around 8:30. Hope it turns out amazing and on time!
Man that butt you did looked fantastic. I started mine at 225 for first 3 hrs then turn it up to 250.

2.5 hrs in…
0457B53C-A2B9-4420-B632-E34E8700871C.jpeg

Looking good.
And you need a Meater
I k ow I know…the Traeger temp is such trash and I’m old school. I’ll add a thermometer for you

Man I have been missing out, smash burgers are the shizznit , especially these pat lafreida sliders (chuck, brisket, and short rib)
20220905_120240.jpg

I tried a search of this thread and found nothing, so with that out of the way, I am looking for either an online or pdf cookbook for pellet grilling:
Your suggestions please?

Not what you're asking for, but any time I'm needing ideas on anything smoking related, the amazingribs site is awesome. A lot of my runs and sauces are tweaks if his recipes on there, and they're all awesome.

I'm sure I've posted it in here (probably multiple times), but the best BBQ trick I've been taught by far, is wrapping the food in tin foil and putting it in a cooler when it's done, filling the empty space with towels. I've taken a brisket it 8 hours later that still burns my hands when 8 cut it. Gives you a ton of wiggle room for when it's done vs serving time. I swear the connective tissue continues to break down in there as well, though this is anecdotal.

Not what you're asking for, but any time I'm needing ideas on anything smoking related, the amazingribs site is awesome. A lot of my runs and sauces are tweaks if his recipes on there, and they're all awesome.
Yes, this is great information Amazing Ribs Website. I have SOOOO many questions that others here take for granted. Just a few questions I have ammassed in the few days since I bought a smoker:
1. Is tin foil required below the grill surface (obviously to keep things clean I assume)?
2. Do the Grilla Siverback grills come with a cover?
3. Is a searing plate a good accompaniment like a Grillgrate?
4. Is a pellet container required, or is the bag sufficient? (maybe a dog food container, which is sturdy and watertight? What do you guys use?)
5. Is a shelf on the outside of the grill a must have, or not really required?

Yes, this is great information Amazing Ribs Website. I have SOOOO many questions that others here take for granted. Just a few questions I have ammassed in the few days since I bought a smoker:
1. Is tin foil required below the grill surface (obviously to keep things clean I assume)?
2. Do the Grilla Siverback grills come with a cover?
3. Is a searing plate a good accompaniment like a Grillgrate?
4. Is a pellet container required, or is the bag sufficient? (maybe a dog food container, which is sturdy and watertight? What do you guys use?)
5. Is a shelf on the outside of the grill a must have, or not really required?

1. No. We use it for ease of cleaning.
2. Of course
3. We use grill grates, but also have another few grills. Grill Grates (brand name) increase temp by quite a bit making searing possible.
4. No, the bag is fine humidity dependent. If its super humid, get a container that is air tight.
5. We have a full outdoor kitchen space with prep tables and such, so not sure I can answer that. Our Grilla is built into their outdoor kitchen stuff.

1. No. We use it for ease of cleaning.
2. Of course
3. We use grill grates, but also have another few grills. Grill Grates (brand name) increase temp by quite a bit making searing possible.
4. No, the bag is fine humidity dependent. If its super humid, get a container that is air tight.
5. We have a full outdoor kitchen space with prep tables and such, so not sure I can answer that. Our Grilla is built into their outdoor kitchen stuff.
Great answers, thank you so much. (y)

Ribs are on the grill!

Fun day 077AFF5A-620B-4CE3-B43D-790691E0056C.jpeg

Back