BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Brisket is the holy grail. I’ve found that when it turns out good I have kept it a low temp 200-225 and gone for 18- 24 hours to get it to temp. I ave also found that cutting as you serve rather than cutting it all at once helps. But even once you think you’ve mastered it you might have 4 in a row that turn out like jerky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mouth is watering. I’ve always been afraid to get a prime brisket due to the prices of a whole prime brisket run nearly 200 bucks.

My mouth is watering. I’ve always been afraid to get a prime brisket due to the prices of a whole prime brisket run nearly 200 bucks.

Good Lord. Maybe it's location but I get <15 lb Packers for 4-5$ per lb. I wouldn't pay $200.

Costco has them $4 or $5 an lb.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

10 hours on the Lang. Short rib is by far my favorite piece of meat to cook.
74ecec6570b0842c8d714b215b734a18.jpg
2e252130d4006e6c97c8468f3a4a20fe.jpg

I don't know if any of you guys put a binder on before you put rub on the meat, but I found (reviews) a binder called Big Ricks Jalapeno Honey Mustard that is just unbelievable. Your really don't taste the mustard at all on the meat and it add another layer of sweetness to the meat/rub. While is says it has jalapenos, it really doesn't have a big jalapeno taste, just a little heat. I used it on my ribs in place of my regular mustard and you can definitely pick up the added sweetness. Thought I would pass it along.

1587916110239.png

Smoked T-bones yesterday, yes you read that right, and they were AMAZING.

Last edited:
Did a pork shoulder on the Big Green Egg yesterday for about 9 1/2 hours.

It's good. Tons of meat. Boston butt is better, though.

IMG_2160.jpgIMG_2166.jpgIMG_2175.jpg

While working on my project car Saturday, I put on 14lb brisket. Turned out well!

12.jpeg13.jpeg14.jpeg

Anybody thrown anything on a gas grill lately that's been delightful? I want to toss something on the grill tonight.

Anybody thrown anything on a gas grill lately that's been delightful? I want to toss something on the grill tonight.
Did some venison bacon burgers with jalapeños and cheddar on the charcoal weber last night. They were soooo good.

RIBS 4.27.jpg

My 2nd time cooking ribs, 1st time on the Grilla Silverbac. Y'all, my kids would not stop raving about them! Sauce needs some work. too sweet and needs some kick. also, probably cooked a little too long in the foil as they were falling off the bone tender.

I need a grill

View attachment 8940778

Smoked and reverse seared bone in Ribeyes on deck. Not the greatest looking steaks due to rush on meat this week, so reserved expectations.

Seems like a good first effort. Touch too much towards medium I think. Pending.

IMG_20200502_172815.jpg

Edit: nope, killed it. Better luck next time.

Last edited:
This makes my burgers inadequate in every single way...

Back