BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

We split a full with my in-laws. Think we paid 3 something a pound for a full half.
Beef prices seem to have gone up. We are looking at $5.70 a pound delivered.

That’s a little higher still than what I’ve seen around here, but different places vary.

Bigger than price though, the beef is so much better.

That’s a little higher still than what I’ve seen around here, but different places vary.

Bigger than price though, the beef is so much better.
Supposed to be Angus grass fed beef. Trying to decide on a 1/4 or 1/8.

I don’t think I’m ever going to make bacon again any other way than on my Grilla.

care to share? I currently cook on gas grill and slather with bbq sauce every time I turn them. They end up sticky, gooey and awesome.

care to share? I currently cook on gas grill and slather with bbq sauce every time I turn them. They end up sticky, gooey and awesome.
Oh nothing special, just on the smoker, no extras because they aren’t on the wife’s list.

I am paying $3 a pound for my 1/2. I think the amount depends on how big your family is and how much you cook at home. I probably wouldn’t go less then 1/4 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good.

Just ordered a Pork Butt, flank steak and brisket flat for next week arrival. Time to get some smoking on.

Prime beef brisket that I started at 10 pm last night and it was on the smoker until 9 am this morning. I let it rest in a cooler after pulling it off the smoker for a few hours before carving some up for lunch. Super tasty and very tender. My new Rec Tec smoker has made the long smoking sessions super easy.

9CAA37BA-CA20-4843-BE4B-23297EFBCC54.jpegDAB41EA1-5DDF-4B0D-8605-5FAE46CBFA79.jpeg

Anyone use any of the Pit Boss pellet grills?

Will be smoking baby back ribs on Memorial Day. Plus, bbq chicken on the grill.

Anyone use any of the Pit Boss pellet grills?
I have 2 classic 700's. One gets used 3 times a month during hunting season and the other i use at least twice a week. Knock on wood but haven't had a single problem with either one. I just use them to smoke on though.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Need to call the dealer for service on my grill. The knobs aren'tsupposed to get hot.

I have 2 classic 700's. One gets used 3 times a month during hunting season and the other i use at least twice a week. Knock on wood but haven't had a single problem with either one. I just use them to smoke on though.

I’ve been looking at those and the 820. The 820 is really what I want, but I don’t think I have the space for it. 700 seems right up my alley but lacks some things I liked from 820. You never use the open flame option on it?

I’ve been looking at those and the 820. The 820 is really what I want, but I don’t think I have the space for it. 700 seems right up my alley but lacks some things I liked from 820. You never use the open flame option on it?
No. Always just big pieces of meat low and slow.

I love this thread!

Time for a new smoker...currently have a Weber Kettle and thinking of going pellet so I can set it and forget it!

Going to be in Tahoe the next week. Have a bunch of stuff on the menu. Definitely a beef ribs and pork ribs. Tri tip and whole chicken likely another day. Talking about wings. And I know myself and my best friend and we likely will be doing a brisket.

I love this thread!

Time for a new smoker...currently have a Weber Kettle and thinking of going pellet so I can set it and forget it!

I went from a Weber 22" to a Grilla SIlverbac. Still have the kettle. I think the kettle brings a stronger smoke flavor and you can smoke and sear with the same bbq. The grilla (or any pellet grill) makes low and slow very simple but needs a gas bbq to sear with and doesnt seem to impart as much smoke flavor (which my wife loves but I want more smoke)

Back