BBQ Top 10 Cities....I really don't know what to think about this.

Ya pretty sure that list is not accurate.

I've not had some of those. My list frankly starts and stops at Ray Ray's. I've also have Pecan Penny's once or twice and Smoked on High and Barrel and Boar in the past but Ray Ray's holds their own with anyone.

I still wouldn't call Columbus a city known for Barbecue thought.
Agreed I am taking Ray's Ray's over all the others. To say BBQ is hard to find in Cbus as @Smiter stated. Just means you haven't looked. Also Ray's Ray's is nominted for a James Beard award so the culinary world is taking notice. Would I put it on my top 10 BBQ cities list - no, would I put Ray's Ray's on my top 5 BBQ joints list - yes

Isn't Montgomery Inn in Columbus known for their barbecue?

After a google search I realize it is in Cincinnati.
That is in Cincinnati and I've never had it. They did have a location here once but it closed because it wasn't very successful.

Also according to this the Arizona THP Crew made the wrong choice in choosing Texas over OH and FL because of the stellar BBQ in Columbus and Miami.:ROFLMAO:
I KNEW we made plans too soon!! :laughing:

As were the people on the local news this morning.
Yeah I first heard it on the local radio this morning. I caught the end so I didn't see the actually list. One of the guys on there talked about the worst cities rating and was like "really, Ft. Worth is ranked that bad? We are talking about Cow Town. This is a joke."

I think they should move Memphis in May to Ohio in October or Newark in November as the premier BBQ destination event in the world. 😂😂😂

I KNEW we made plans too soon!! :laughing:
Just for confirmation you made the right choice. The first 3 were from Snow’s Bbq though I didn’t get the best pictures. After standing in line drinking I was starving lol. The 2nd two were Louie Mueller’s in Taylor, Tx northeast of Austin. That Dino rib was fantastic!
2A97DB9F-CC81-4351-99D6-FEE76C4BBF4F.jpeg860CC9B4-AB2C-461E-855C-D7D33B29C0C5.jpeg137A8DC4-D6EB-468C-A51D-F7A821D0893F.jpegE531999B-FD01-4896-92D5-044C4DE871D3.jpeg82AF3D4D-DFA8-4A1C-B4A3-95F3C1E631F4.jpeg

yep, they were making fun of it this morning on the local news here, said it was really stupid how they did their analysis. To have no reference of Texas or Tenn and that Miami and New Jersey were? there was also a list of the worst and there were 3 Texas Cities in that one.....sounds like a vendetta

Just for confirmation you made the right choice. The first 3 were from Snow’s Bbq though I didn’t get the best pictures. After standing in line drinking I was starving lol. The 2nd two were Louie Mueller’s in Taylor, Tx northeast of Austin. That Dino rib was fantastic!

I am headed to New Jersey for the #1 Pizza/BBq experience!

@Steve2100 - not that I am from NJ (but rather NY), but don't short change NJ BBQ. About 10 years ago, me and my son were driving down to Jersey for another hockey tournament of his. We found ourselves free for a Friday afternoon and had passed a BBQ place near the hotel (forgot the name of the joint). Anyway when we go in, the cooks as well as staff must have been all over 300 pounds (some bigger). So you know the food was good. This was truly the best BBQ I had (on the east coast and north of D.C.) Don't knock it till you try it. My son and I often reminisce about those ribs that day. making me hungry just thinking about it.

Funny list. There are good bbq places in nearly every city, but they usually are ran by people that come from the main places. My favorite in Phoenix is Little Miss BBQ and it is Austin, TX BBQ.

There seems to be some significant flaws on this list... Either that or my information is seriously out of date. I didn't think of Seattle as any kind of BBQ metropolis - unless they made a new kind of BBQ IPA or BBQ Coffee that I haven't heard of...

Have you ever had Ray Ray's Hog Pit? If you haven't you haven't looked hard enough.

I have not. I lived in Columbus for 3 years 15 years ago. I guess I should get out more but I don’t recall this place or any that @The Milk Man man was nice enough to post. I’ll have to check some of them out when I get down that way to play with you guys.

I like that Charlotte ranked so high, but this list is trash! So many great bbq restaurants in NC. Just need to ask if you want Lexington or Eastern Carolina style!

Top Ten:

1. Lexington, NC
t2. The rest.

Charleston isn't on the list, but we're at Rodney Scott's right now for dinner, supposedly one of the very best. I'll report layer y smoked wings have arrived.

Charleston isn't on the list, but we're at Rodney Scott's right now for dinner, supposedly one of the very best. I'll report layer y smoked wings have arrived.
His whole hog is special

Religious experience.

Another silly clickbait "Best of..." list to draw traffic to their site. Just the fact that they left out Kansas City and all of Texas and Tennessee means I won't even bother to click on it. And maybe they included Seattle because their whole city has been one big, ongoing barbecue for the last year. :LOL:

CRAZY LIST!

I like that Charlotte ranked so high, but this list is trash! So many great bbq restaurants in NC. Just need to ask if you want Lexington or Eastern Carolina style!

Eastern NC BBQ is the best I have ever had! And I have tried a lot across the country.

So, back at the rental. We shared a bit of everything. Smoked wings, which were easily 2-3 times a normal size. Pulled chicken, brisket, at least 60% burnt ends, and pulled pork.

Sides were baked beans, Cole slaw and Mac and cheese.

The worst thing we ate was the cole slaw, and it was good.

The burnt ends brisket? Best. Brisket. Ever.

The pulled pork slightly dry, but served that way, maybe to allow for sauces, tried it with Rodney's vinegar based and no longer dry. Also tried it with his 'other sauce' called other sauce.

I'd rate it all as good as advertised. We've gone to so many places that did not live up to their reputation. This one did. Hope we can go back before we head home.

I have not. I lived in Columbus for 3 years 15 years ago. I guess I should get out more but I don’t recall this place or any that @The Milk Man man was nice enough to post. I’ll have to check some of them out when I get down that way to play with you guys.
It's a food truck that has been around for probably a little more than 10 years. I've been going there since it was in its original location in a convenience store parking lot. Now they have 4 other locations around town plus a restaurant about 30 miles east of Columbus in Granville.

Back