Beach Tips, Tricks & Accessories

AndersonRains

Reaction score
Handicap
The wife and I are heading down to the beach for a few days. I was talking about it with my CFO and he told me he has an RV/outdoor mat/rug he bought from Walmart that he stakes into the sand to act as a barrier between them and the sand. He sets up all the coolers, chairs, towels, etc. on top of that. I thought it was a great idea so I went out and bought one myself to try out this weekend.

Got me wondering though, any other tips and tricks for the beach? Or cool necessary items you take with you?

Here's the link to the RV/camping rug. Folds up and comes in 2 sizes for $50 🤷‍♂️. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Patio-Ma...jPP3RPXmUk-4ITKrQdhoCc3UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

We just use the giant sheets with corner pockets. You fill with sand and stays in place pretty well. Those mats will trap sand in them and end up weighing twice as much by the end of the week.

The umbrellas that corkscrew into the sand are pretty cool too. Just get 'em in there good...

We set up a canopy and I have sandbags that strap to the legs. Last year I ended up parking my truck with a locked bedcover on the road right adjacent to the beach access point in front of our condo. The big wheeled cart goes up and down from the condo to the truck, load small stuff. All worked out pretty well. Also, just kept the sandbags full and carried them back & forth. Quite the workout... made up for all the eating, drinking, & lounging all week.

Put sunscreen on before you leave for the beach. It will set up better and your not getting all the blowing sand stuck to you immediately.

Last edited:
Baby power. Sprinkle some of that on your feet and hands and when you wipe it off it takes all the sand with it too, makes it very easy to put footwear back on and not drive in discomfort.

We take our canopy with us too and I have weights that just slide over the legs from Dicks that are made for canopies. I also have the bags for when we go to the beach where we can't drive on the beach

we have something very simliar, we also have hammock chairs they are like camping chairs but swing. love them.

Baby power. Sprinkle some of that on your feet and hands and when you wipe it off it takes all the sand with it too, makes it very easy to put footwear back on and not drive in discomfort.
You are a genius...

We invested in a Cool Cabana and it has been a savior since we live at the beach. I can have it up and taken down in less than 5 mins.
1660246251719.png

You are a genius...

I take no credit for that - my wife learned that trick years ago when the kids were still little and they'd go to the beach 2-3x per week every summer. Easiest way to get sand off of little hands who refuse to touch food if there's even a spec of sand stuck between fingers LOL! We do it now when we go for walks on the beach after dinner, a quick sprinkle of baby powder takes the sand right off our feet before we get back in the car.

Get one with the THP logo 🔥

We have a blanket that sand passes through somehow, so when we're ready to leave, all the sand just disappears. It has little pockets on each corner that you can fill with sand, and that keeps it spread out nicely and it won't fly away with the wind. Next, we have our Yeti tumblers to keep our drinks cold. In the cooler, we'll keep beers, bottled water, Gatorade, ice, etc. - if I'm drinking beer, I usually prep a zip-lock bag with sliced limes, shaken all together with salt. We have our foldable chairs, and we have my wife's big beach bag with towels, sunscreen, hats, baby wipes, and all sorts of crap I don't think we need until we need it. We also have waterproof pouches so we can swim with our money, credit cards, and cell phones - I don't like to swim with my keys, but I don't like leaving them with our crap on the beach either, in case they get stolen. I still need to figure that out.

What I really want to have next is a big umbrella that I can stake into the sand to get the whole business under the shade!

King/queen size bedsheet with plastic tent pegs on the corner works if you wanna go cheap.

Just thought of something as I’m packing for the beach myself. North Myrtle Beach, SC doesn’t allow anything bigger than a 9’ umbrella. Might wanna check were your going if they have a canopy reg in place.

It’s FN stupid if you as me.

Back