Beats Fit Pro wireless earbuds

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up a pair of the new Beats Fit Pro noise-canceling earbuds a few days ago, and so far, I'm impressed. They fit my ear more comfortably and way more securely than the Airpods Pro for things like running or other fitness workouts. They are true to the Beats sound, warmer and heavier on the bass(less accurate) than the Airpods or many other earbuds. It's personal preference, but these at $199 sound better with music than the Bose QuietComfort earbuds($279) or the Airpods Pro, which are also widely available at $199. The Sony WF1000XF4 I haven't listened to yet, but I'm sure they can give these Beats Fit Pro a run for their money. I don't talk much through earbuds on the phone, but I'd judge these as better for music lovers; those that use them primarily for phone calls and podcasts will find the Airpods, Jabra, and others do a better job.

They come in four colors, and my ding on them is they are missing the wireless charging feature that many competing earbuds have. At least they use a USB-C instead of the damn lightning cable. :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.45.01 PM.png

Thank for the thoughts. I was looking at the airpod pros and UE fit. Didn’t know about these. Lost my AirPods I have had for a couple years.

Looks like those will give the Air Pods Pro a serious battle in that price range. I recently bought the Pros and am happy with them so far.

I don't wear earbuds enough to justify spending that much, especially since the majority of the time I wear them are for yard work and I end up losing one every so often.. much easier to replace a 20-30$ set than 2 Hundo

But I surely would invest in a low profile size that would still fit in my motorcycle helmet.. that'd be my exception

I don't wear earbuds enough to justify spending that much, especially since the majority of the time I wear them are for yard work and I end up losing one every so often.. much easier to replace a 20-30$ set than 2 Hundo

But I surely would invest in a low profile size that would still fit in my motorcycle helmet.. that'd be my exception

I primarily justified buying these because they would fit under my ski or snowmobile helmet. That and I lost one of my AirPods Pro somewhere on flights between San Diego and Boston last month.

I've been thinking about replacing my airpod pros, these look like a nice alternative

Earbuds just don't fit my ears. Any kind it seems. Must have weird internal ears or something.

Earbuds just don't fit my ears. Any kind it seems. Must have weird internal ears or something.

My ears are not easy to fit either and the buds have gotten a lot better. These Beats, like many others, come with 3 sizes of ear cups for different ear canals.

Everybody's ears are different. If you read the reviews of any earbuds there will be some users who swear by them and say they're the best fit ever, and others who say they're garbage and won't stay in their ears for a second.

@tahoebum Do you think there would be any problem for running with these?

I have the same problem with Apple earbuds. I have a pair of Jabra Elite Active 65Ts which have been very good good for me. I am interested in these Beats though. They look like they would be secure.

Timely post as I am looking for new ear buds with a small footprint that are not Airpods. I need to look into these bc I love my Studio 3 wireless headphones.

@tahoebum Do you think there would be any problem for running with these?

Zero issues running with Beats Fit Pro. A lot of runners think the Airpods Pros are great for running but those are not secure enough in my ears.

From the Tom's Guide article link in the OP:

"The Fit Pro is much more stable for exercising than the AirPods Pro, granted the latter is still considered one of the best running headphones money can buy. Beats’ wingtips fold and mold into the cymba, while the tips create a tight seal to keep the buds locked in place. I was never worried about them slipping out during runs or when performing floor exercises."

Have you used these for phone calls? curious how the call quality is and if people on the other end hear you clear and not muffled/low

Looks like those will give the Air Pods Pro a serious battle in that price range. I recently bought the Pros and am happy with them so far.
Since Apple owns Beats I would say they don't mind controlling the market 😂

Another review FWIW. I’m really impressed with the comfort and sound of these now that I’ve had them a week.

These are amazing, the best ear buds I've ever had, the sound is amazing, comfort is great. I'm taking them on my first flight trip this week, will report back soon on battery life, etc.

Back