Beautiful Hidden Gem in San Diego, CA Rams Hill Golf Club

If you came off the 10, went down Hwy 86 and across Hwy 78, I can see that - it's pretty desolate out there! I spent a lot of years camping, four wheeling and riding dirt bikes in Ocotillo Wells and Borrego Springs/Anza-Borrego area. Did she wrinkle her nose and ask "What's that smell?!?" when you passed the Salton Sea? :ROFLMAO:

surprisingly, no...then again, we spent 5yrs stationed in 29 Palms and Lake Bandini's "perfume" was ever present :ROFLMAO:

looking at this makes me wanna get a head start :ROFLMAO:

BS drive.JPG

Just got back from Ram Hill for a 2 day trip. (played 18 saturday afternoon, stayed over night at Borrego Springs resort and then 18 this morning). We booked through Rams Hill and got a fantastic deal. I was skeptical that it's as good as you hear that it is, but our group had a lot of fun. They have a double sided range with ProV1s, 2 different chipping areas and a big putting green, all of which I could spend hours on. The staff was fantastic and super helpful. you even get a warm cookie after your round. We had perfect weather (about 80 degrees with a 5mph wind). Greens were rolling fantastic and were a little firm. Fairways were in great shape. The course is fun, especially if you move up a tee box for your second time. If you're thinking about it, I'd highly recommend it. Just accept the drive there and back is going to suck but if you got with a couple friends, it makes the drive go by fast.

Just got back from Ram Hill for a 2 day trip. (played 18 saturday afternoon, stayed over night at Borrego Springs resort and then 18 this morning). We booked through Rams Hill and got a fantastic deal. I was skeptical that it's as good as you hear that it is, but our group had a lot of fun. They have a double sided range with ProV1s, 2 different chipping areas and a big putting green, all of which I could spend hours on. The staff was fantastic and super helpful. you even get a warm cookie after your round. We had perfect weather (about 80 degrees with a 5mph wind). Greens were rolling fantastic and were a little firm. Fairways were in great shape. The course is fun, especially if you move up a tee box for your second time. If you're thinking about it, I'd highly recommend it. Just accept the drive there and back is going to suck but if you got with a couple friends, it makes the drive go by fast.

that sounds great. can't wait to get down there. thanks for the feedback.

Played here today. I thought the course was in good shape given their issues with water. There were brown, bare spots on the fairways but they didn't hurt play... The greens were in good shape. I enjoyed the layout. There are some challenging holes... And when that desert wind kicks up, oh is it hellacious... But fun. The best course I've played in my short time in golf. Add in some free tacos (two) and a cookie at the end of the round, good good... I'd definitely play again.

Last edited:
20220319_122110.jpg

20220319_111218.jpg

just got back from playing here again. great course in great condition. pin placements were pretty brutal on more than a few holes and the wind was "on" from the first hole :sneaky:.

They must have hidden that pesky wind "off" switch somewhere sneaky.

Course looks awesome!

They must have hidden that pesky wind "off" switch somewhere sneaky.

Course looks awesome!

when we played back in March, it didn't really pick up till the back 9...sunday, it was easily a 2 club wind starting at hole 1. strangely enough, i only missed a couple of fairways...my greenside play and putting just torpedoed the round for me.

I've lived in socal my whole life and for some reason I still haven't played here. Going to have to make the drive out there soon.

I've lived in socal my whole life and for some reason I still haven't played here. Going to have to make the drive out there soon.
Same. I was supposed to get out there finally last year but couldn’t make it. I even had to go out to Borrego for work 😞.

lets make it happen!!!

Same. I was supposed to get out there finally last year but couldn’t make it. I even had to go out to Borrego for work 😞.

i've made this 5+hr drive twice in the last 9 months...might even do it again in april ;)

Really need to get out here and play. I missed the trip my buddies took last year and regret it

Bringing back the dead... Current season ends in April but they're gonna be year round starting in October.

Fees are just too crazy now but evidently full tee sheets means demand is there to warrant the increased prices.

Fees are just too crazy now but evidently full tee sheets means demand is there to warrant the increased prices.

I haven't looked lately... That doesn't sound appetizing... Especially since it takes 5-6hrs to get there from here.

I just looked, lots of open tee times today. Maybe that will eventually help bring the price down. I’ve wanted to play this course for awhile.

I haven't looked lately... That doesn't sound appetizing... Especially since it takes 5-6hrs to get there from here.
So during the week it’s $165 peak rate and $220 on weekends.

Back