Bed shopping, anyone?

Just go to the store and lay on all of them, buy the one you like.
I did that 4 years ago, bought a nice pillow top, couldn't be happier. Great bed so far

Did that 5 years ago. Pillow top. Getting a new bed.

After a few weeks on the new bed, I think it was the best thing we could have done. Jacqui keeps her side all the way up (50), and I keep mine about 15-20.Back feels great in the morning now. It still hurts as the day goes on, but at least it's not a 24 hour pain anymore.

There was mattress talk going on in another thread, so I thought I would bring this one back up. Still loving the bed I mention in post 21. Jacqui is still keeping hers at 50 (max firm) and I still fluctuate between 7 and 18, depending on how my back feels.

We bought a Serta iComfort about 6 months ago and are really happy with it. There's a microfiber top and some sort of gel layer that makes it cooler than typical memory foam mattresses. It is very comparable to Tempurpedics in feel and comfort. Nice and firm and I'm definitely sleeping much sounder and not waking up through the night like I used to. Also, not waking up with back and neck pain anymore either, which is awesome.

Just made the last payment on this sucker and it's still the best thing we have ever done for sleep. A final $973 payment on it, but saved about $450 in finance charges by paying it off by today. (It was a horrible interest rate, but we got it through the company and we were never going to pay interest anyway. We have much much much lower rates on our cards, but we would have had to pay interest on those!)

Such a better bed than the pillow top that got moved downstairs.

This was a two day adventure, but it finally is a done deal. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Not that anyone really cares except me, but this is the bed, and we got it from this website. $1,299 for the King (regular $1,599), $238 for the foundation (regular $385)free shipping, 12 months no interest.

http://mattressalternative.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=133&product_id=125

Here’s a better description: http://innomax.com/?crn=270&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click

Comes with the last pump on this page: http://innomax.com/?crn=253&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click

Mattress Question

Mattress Question

About mid March I got pretty sick and actually strained a muscle from coughing. We have been needing a new mattress for a while, but the strain in my oblique is not getting any better because of the trench in our memory foam mattress. Both me and my wife have been waking up tired recently and have decided that the mattress is just old and tired. We went looking last night and found a Stearns and Foster that we both LOVED! Held off to do some research and found that it is one of their worst. It was pretty dang expensive, so we dodged a bullet there.

Does anyone have a recommendations on finding a good mattress and cutting through the BS? We both like the firmer styles with maybe a pillow top. I am very reluctant to go the 100% memory foam route (what I have now) due to trenching.

Need help if you can.

JM

I spent the money for the sleep number. I have had it for 5 years and absolutely love it. My wife and I can have our own settings and I have never slept better. I never wake up sore anymore. I have talked my parents and sister in to buying one and they also love it. It is a bitpricey, but for spending 7 to 8 hrs a day in it I figured it was worth the price.

Is it possible to put a sleep number into an existing frame? I suppose it is, but we love our bed frame and furniture.

JM

The sleep number has a plastic base it sits on, I'm not sure if you could fit it in to an existing frame. The frame it has is hidden and you can't see it. I added a headboard that is attached directly to the wall.

I'm also going to be in the market soon for many of the same reasons. I can't offer much in the way of product recomendations, but I do know that the margins are pretty big on mattresses (and really on all furniture) so there should always be room to negotiate a price you're happy with. Our last mattress purchase was about 8 years ago but we paid about 70% of their "on sale" price *and* they threw in some extras.

I've heard good things about that sleep number bed. It's on my ponder list for sure.

Are there any mattress outlet stores in Memphis? I haven't lived there in 25 years, but some of those stores have great prices. I like the idea of the sleep number beds, but I wouldn't want to get rid of my bedroom furniture.

i had terrible back issues for the last year, which I attributed mostly to an old mattress. Took a gamble on a discount memory foam bed that I heard some great things about...and man what a world of difference. It's a 7K Temperpedic for a fraction of the cost. Will it last 30 years? Probbaly not...but at this price I'd buy a new one every 5 years and still be ahead of the game if i had to. It's been a life changer and I can't say enough about it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SOMWAC/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any local places that build mattresses? Usually cheaper and possibly better quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you said you want to stay away from memory foam but I have a very basic Temperpedic model now for the past 10 years or so and it has been great.

Keeping in mind that all such mentions are merely personal preferences and opinions, we have had very good experience with the "Westin Heavenly" Beds, so much so that we bought them for our guest bedrooms as well.
They had been recommended to us by friends and purchased ours through Nordstrom, which is at least one place I know you can see and test them.
Fwiw, I am no junior petite, 6'5" - 250+ and over the years have had elbow, neck and shoulder surgery as well as pretty back injury issues - and I find these beds incredibly supportive and comfortable. Have had ours for over 5 years now with no issues.

Had select comfort for ten years. Finally ditched it last year and got a memory foam and LOVE it so much more. Don't waste money on some imported brand that you have to pay more for the name for, though. Buy 'Merican. Bedinabox.com all the way. Got our queen plus foundation for 1/4 the price of the Tempurpedic we liked at the store. Check ratings on sleeplikethedead.com. BiaB mattresses highest ranked and for good reason. Small American company. Think Seemore. Great service, great product. I know other people who got them and they love theirs as well.

Keeping in mind that all such mentions are merely personal preferences and opinions, we have had very good experience with the "Westin Heavenly" Beds, so much so that we bought them for our guest bedrooms as well.
They had been recommended to us by friends and purchased ours through Nordstrom, which is at least one place I know you can see and test them.
Fwiw, I am no junior petite, 6'5" - 250+ and over the years have had elbow, neck and shoulder surgery as well as pretty back injury issues - and I find these beds incredibly supportive and comfortable. Have had ours for over 5 years now with no issues.
+1 for the westin. I had that and it was amazing. Best bed I've ever had.

I'm now sleeping a all natural latex bed, and it's pretty darn comfortable too. Soft and supportive, doesn't smell, doesn't get hot. I layered another down top over it, and it was even better. But I think it might just be me growing up on regular beds, that the beds with springs still feel more normal for me. I do really like my all natural latex bed though.

We have a sleep number bed. Been great for 20 years. We did put a memory foam topper on it a few years back as the mattress cover was getting old and compressed. Better together. 20 years is a very long time for a mattress.

Are there any mattress outlet stores in Memphis? I haven't lived there in 25 years, but some of those stores have great prices. I like the idea of the sleep number beds, but I wouldn't want to get rid of my bedroom furniture.

Been traveling this week, so sorry for the delay. There are some of those stores like Matress Firm, but I just don't trust them.

JM

Thanks for all of the reply's. a ton of stuff for us to look into now. We back burner end this with me being out of town and Masters this week, but will be getting back on it soon.

Looking for a mattress. Anyone have experience with a Leesa? I'm intrigued.

Back