pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I haven't been on the forum much due to finding out the "cyst" behind my right ear I've had for years is actually a tumor on my parotid gland. It is benign but I do have to have my face cut open this month to remove it. 🤬🤦‍♂️My Dr and dermatologist both said it was a cyst for the last 4 years. I went to have it removed and the surgeon looked at it and said not a chance. So over the last 2 months I've had scans, biopsies, Dr visits, and finally found out the day before Thanksgiving it is benign but in a pretty rough spot.

They will have to cut from 1cm in front of my ear down around behind my ear and down my neck. They will have to make sure not to cut or damage my facial nerve and then remove it. I will have a drain for 1 to 2 days and then for up to 6 weeks I may have facial nerve fatigue and almost exhibit Bells palsy. Hopefully once it's all over I can get back to golf around March.

Scary stuff. Stay positive you’ve got a whole community here pulling for you and hoping for an easy procedure and quick recovery!

So I haven't been on the forum much due to finding out the "cyst" behind my right ear I've had for years is actually a tumor on my parotid gland. It is benign but I do have to have my face cut open this month to remove it. 🤬🤦‍♂️My Dr and dermatologist both said it was a cyst for the last 4 years. I went to have it removed and the surgeon looked at it and said not a chance. So over the last 2 months I've had scans, biopsies, Dr visits, and finally found out the day before Thanksgiving it is benign but in a pretty rough spot.

They will have to cut from 1cm in front of my ear down around behind my ear and down my neck. They will have to make sure not to cut or damage my facial nerve and then remove it. I will have a drain for 1 to 2 days and then for up to 6 weeks I may have facial nerve fatigue and almost exhibit Bells palsy. Hopefully once it's all over I can get back to golf around March.
We are thinking of you dude! Hopefully everything goes perfectly for you and you are swinging the sticks in March!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Let me know when you’re good to go and we will get together to tee it up again!

I'll definitely add you to my prayer list.

Glad to see you back! Good luck with the surgery and with a speedy and full recovery!

Good to see you back, pumbaa. Great to hear that everything is benign. Sounds like you've got a pretty serious procedure coming up but you got this. This place and the people here aren't going anywhere so do this all at your pace and make sure you're taking care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing you around again. 👍

Take care and wishing you a safe and speedy recovery.

You and your team have got this. Prayers headed your way.

Welcome back and best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Prayers coming your way! Take your time to heal this community will be here waiting for you!

Praying for a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery. Heal up and we’ll be here when you are better.

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hope all goes well and you recover quickly with no issues!

Oh wow. Hopefully you have a quick and relatively easy recovery!

Sending positive vibes your way. You got this!

Appreciate everyone. I am nervous because of where it is, but am very thankful it isn't cancerous. My 2 DR that will do the surgery are amazing and have done this procedure multiple times. I will post the update once i get a date and its done with the cool face scar i will have!

Hope all goes well. Will send prayers your way.

Best wishes for an easy procedure and a speedy recovery.

Best wishes Pumbaa !!

Back