Before, During, or After?

J-Pin

Senior Hacker in Paradise
Reaction score
When you play golf do you eat before, during, or after your round?

It seems to depend on the person. I try to eat before but I try to keep it lite. I will drink and have a bar during my round. Usually I am too tired to eat after a round. Dinner will usually be my next meal.

Thanks for the input.

Im an after kind of guy.

All three, usually. I like to keep it light and carby, except for after the round, when I'm looking for meat of some sort.

It depends on when I play... if it's on a weekend, then most likely I haven't eaten earlier and will have dinner in the evening.
If it's during the week, I've probably eaten lunch and will have dinner in the evening.
I don't do anything special about a meal when I golf.

Before and After...

I will usually have breakfast before the round, some light snacking (maybe a hotdog) during the round, and if it was a good day a nice meal at the course. Too often my game goes off the rails, and I get a bit light headed, if I don't snack during the round.

After a bad day at the course, I usually just prefer to pack up, head home, and get on with the rest of my day.

Before and during. After will depend on where and who I'm golfing with

I enjoy eating after. I may have a snack on the course after 9 but usually just a granola bar or something. Then eat after.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It wouldn't let me post my smart ass 3 letter answer, but depends on the time of day. Since rounds usually take at least 4.5 hours around here I'll usually at least have a little something during the round.

After, I have to force myself to snack a little during the round to keep my fat butt moving, but would always rather eat something post round.

Typically after

I eat before. Might be a few hours before and I may eat after as well. Will snack during the round.

In case I have a few beers or shots, I want to have something in my belly.

A few hours before and during. Then diner when ever I get home.

I try to do all 3 to keep my energy up. Most likely if I skip one it's before.

Im an after kind of guy.
+1 on this. If I have to eat before, I'll do a PBJ or Peanut butter bars. I've found eating a burger or hot dog at the turn weighs me down and I tend to lose energy I need for the second half...

All 3 since I almost always walk and am usually hungry every couple hours anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually after for me

Mostly after a round when I get home. There have been times when I get to the course to early, so I have a light meal.

I seldom eat before or during a round and if I do it's a granola bar or something similar. I'm an eat after the round person.

Depends on the time of day I am playing. Quick snack at the turn if it's a mid day round, but nothing heavy.

I usually have a quick snack at the turn, meal afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you play golf do you eat before, during, or after your round?

It seems to depend on the person. I try to eat before but I try to keep it lite. I will drink and have a bar during my round. Usually I am too tired to eat after a round. Dinner will usually be my next meal.

Thanks for the input.

Depends if I am doing a later tee time, I'll eat before, if I am doing an early tee time, coffee, maybe I'll grab a quick fast breakfast like an egg mcmuffin (probably not anymore though) and scarf it down on the way tot he course.

I'll usually get a few snacks for the course, and grab a bite at the turn.

I typically eat before and during the round.

Back