Behind the Scenes at Wilson Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lateral Hazard is your backstage pass to meet and learn a little bit about the people that work behind the brands in golf. How they got into the game? What they do now? What is life like outside the industry?

In this episode, Lindsey Lasater talks about life at Wilson Golf, creating a TV show, working with Jordan Spieth and a whole lot more.

Still watching, but like the new opening graphics. 3D!

• Admin
Still watching, but like the new opening graphics. 3D!

Its actually the same as our other Lateral Hazard Episodes, but thanks for the shout out.

Its actually the same as our other Lateral Hazard Episodes, but thanks for the shout out.

Really? For some reason it looked different to me, as I know I've watched those previously. Either way, looks good.

I really enjoyed the question and discussion about marketing of DvD. Really interesting discussion.

Really? For some reason it looked different to me, as I know I've watched those previously. Either way, looks good.

I really enjoyed the question and discussion about marketing of DvD. Really interesting discussion.
Agreed. The insight into DvD was the highlight for me as well.

Still not fully convinced I should go with marketing over R&D. I'm too old to be swayed by sexy haha.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

• Admin

Agreed. The insight into DvD was the highlight for me as well.

Still not fully convinced I should go with marketing over R&D. I'm too old to be swayed by sexy haha.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

It really is an interesting thing isn't it? What I mean by that is that it is the only people that you can have that discussion with, because it has not been done before, so you get some very interesting thoughts and answers.

Queuing this one up for my lunch break at work today!

Really good interview, looks like I have a season of a show to catch up on. Digging her passion for what she does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great interview! There were so many interesting points here. In particular, the change in the way that the press releases are handled through media with the growth of social media marketing was something I hadn't considered. I also was really intrigued with the grassroots efforts it took to capture submissions for Season 1 of Driver vs Driver and now the change in focus to "grow the game" by using Season 2 as a way to capture new less avid golfer attention and be more interactive. Any event Wilson Staff is a part of is going to be a good event. Excited for the Wilson Staff Proto event and the guys headed to THP Sweep.

Very fun interview!

As much as I've been with Team R&D from the get-go hearing her talk about wanting sexy clubs in the bag was a solid pitch from the marketing side. Her excitement for her work shows in the video.

I'm glad I've been with Team Marketing from the start. They should do a tie in with Justin Timberlake. I'm sure he's cheap to get into commercials. #SexyBack #TeamMarketing

~Rock

Great interview, she sold me, Team Marketing for #StaffProto!

I'm skeptical about her arguments for playing for team Marketing. Sure, they might know how people might like the look, but R&D is going to know how it performs and how to get the most out of it.

But I'm an engineer, so I've got some serious bias here. #TeamRandDForLife

Great interview! There were so many interesting points here. In particular, the change in the way that the press releases are handled through media with the growth of social media marketing was something I hadn't considered. I also was really intrigued with the grassroots efforts it took to capture submissions for Season 1 of Driver vs Driver and now the change in focus to "grow the game" by using Season 2 as a way to capture new less avid golfer attention and be more interactive. Any event Wilson Staff is a part of is going to be a good event. Excited for the Wilson Staff Proto event and the guys headed to THP Sweep.

The media thing is so true. To use another company as an example, last week I got a text message blurb from a company for a release coming this week. We hopped on a call on a Sunday night because there was a lot to cover and it was the earliest I was available and that was easier than sending out press copy.

Not trying to be negative here, but if WS is really trying to get the word out that they offer quality clubs and aren't just the box set/beginner set company many think of, doing the interview with nothing but box sets in the background, sends a mixed message. Would have been much better to have some of the newer current lineup there.

I mean the V6, C200 and D300 lines are just so good for so many people, why not promote them.

Just my .02 as to what some will see.

Last edited:
Has Nate seen this yet??? She left Texas?!?! Not once, but twice! LOL!

Very good interview though, she seems like a great addition to the W/S team. It's very interesting to me how they're going about the DvD season 2 also and I'm very much looking forward to watching it and seeing what comes out of it.

Has Nate seen this yet??? She left Texas?!?! Not once, but twice! LOL!

Very good interview though, she seems like a great addition to the W/S team. It's very interesting to me how they're going about the DvD season 2 also and I'm very much looking forward to watching it and seeing what comes out of it.

Haha. I actually thought of him when I was asking that question.

Had the pleasure of meeting this fellow Sooner at the 2015 #StaffProto event. Lindsey gave us our first tour of the Wilson facility. Despite that, I'm still #TeamInnovation!

Really enjoyed this segment. She looks so familiar. Has she been interviewed before (by THP) or been on any segments before?

Really enjoyed this segment. She looks so familiar. Has she been interviewed before (by THP) or been on any segments before?

She might have been in another THP TV spot, but definitely has been in the THP Events with Wilson Staff if people followed the live update thread.

She might have been in another THP TV spot, but definitely has been in the THP Events with Wilson Staff if people followed the live update thread.

Thanks. I knew I'd seen her before! Go Team Marketing!

Good video and pretty interesting journey to her current position.

I came away with Wilson having a bigger/better story to tell and they are still trying to figure out the best way to tell it. Not that they haven't been great so far with their message and engagement, but feel like there is still room to grow there.

Good video and pretty interesting journey to her current position.

I came away with Wilson having a bigger/better story to tell and they are still trying to figure out the best way to tell it. Not that they haven't been great so far with their message and engagement, but feel like there is still room to grow there.

This is nearly word for word what I wrote down after editing.
Its going to be a fun ride to follow over the next year or so I have a feeling.

Great video and interview. I always enjoy learning how the industry people get started. Wilson is really trying to bring it lately with some out of the box stuff like DvD and it was interesting to hear what direction marketing is headed with social and releases and such. I think they already make some sexy looking clubs, at least in the iron category so always interested to see whats on deck. #TeamMarketing

Very fun interview! Liked the graphic for better food and worse weather. Without all of the other dynamics in play, such as the minor detail of where the job is..lol, I would opt for better weather over better food everytime.

Back