Ben Crane not paying off bets?

Maybe Gillis should work on his game and stop being an instigator. Maybe Gillis should use his buddy Berger for a putting lesson so he doesn't have to get paid, bi-weekly.

It's not uncommon to run a bet back through another event to try to even the score, but I guess Berger needs the 6k.

It was the only way Gillis would make the Golf Channel highlights. :D

It was the only way Gillis would make the Golf Channel highlights. :D

I guess so, I would not have wanted to at practice the day he sent those tweets out. '100 putts made before you go home!!!'

Or Berger isn't worried about the slow paying because he wants Ben to keep losing money to him. Stuff like this is better handled in private. The only time you go public is if you find out he owes 100k spread out between 8 other players.

Reading into it a bit, sounds like he wanted a rematch to even the score by playing Ping Pong. Slow playing a bet payout is about the funniest thing a guy like Crane can do.

Also, I think this has a bit of vendetta attitude to it, as Gillis has "avid HATER of slow play" in his twitter bio.
Listening to his interview today on the radio he certainly doesn't hold back when it comes to slow play.

He described it as stealing time from your fellow playing partners.

Listening to his interview today on the radio he certainly doesn't hold back when it comes to slow play.

I've got no problem with players calling each other out over slow play. In fact, I like it. Calling them out publicly over money, not so much.

I've got no problem with players calling each other out over slow play. In fact, I like it. Calling them out publicly over money, not so much.

Sounds like Daniel had been waiting 2 1/2 months so it sounds like he waited long enough.

Sounds like Daniel had been waiting 2 1/2 months so it sounds like he waited long enough.
I know. But Gillis going public on Berger's behalf feels a little passive aggressive middle school-girlish to me.

This is a great way to get someone to pay their debts; get THP worked up and chaos will ensue

In my Callaway Hyperlite 3.0:
Driver: Nike Vapor Flex (Diamana Stiff)
3W: Titleist 908F 15 degree (Vista X-Stiff)
3H: Taylor Made Rescue TP 18 degree (Reax X-Stiff)
4H: Taylor Made Rescue TP 21 degree (Reax X-Stiff)
5-AW: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (XP-95 Stiff)
Nike Engage square 54 Degree
Callaway Forged Plus 60 Degree
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #5

That's fine. You play slow in my group and I'll double down on you. I'll make you look like you play quick by the back nine. 7 hour round? I'm pointing at you pal.

Crane might have to withdraw from his next few tournaments... can't play on broken legs...

I get it if the guy owes someone a bet but I for one think it was a Real Dick move playing it out on social media. There's always 2 sides to a story

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I agree. Also, how does anyone know if this is the real story.

Pretty sure they are good buddies from when Gillis lived in Jupiter, Fl.

Crane might have to withdraw from his next few tournaments... can't play on broken legs...

Crane not being a tournament just increased the pace of play exponentially. If I was a tournament organizer and was tasked with assigning pairings, I would make sure that Crane was in the last group off, every day, by himself. If he wants to spend 7 hours playing a round of golf by himself, that his problem.

Back