These look great. I didn't particularly like the look of the previous edge when I compared it to the PTX Pro during my demo. I will be curious to demo these. I didn't hit either particularly well so they fell off my golf iron lust lists. But these could change that.

Great write up @ddec!

These things look awesome. Very clean look for the big old head iron category.

I would totally have to redo my wedges to bag these as I'd have to go 48/52/56 vice 50/54/58, but those things look awesome.

Nice little video from the Ben Hogan Golf Instagram feed:

These look awesome! I love the PTx Pro, but these might be better suited for my game

For those of you that have had these in hand, do you know how they compare size wise to the 2016 Edge iteration? I‘m not seeing the EX specs on their website yet. I’m currently gaming the 2016 Edge’s and I’m intrigued with these or the HMP’s for my next set

Last edited:
Played Hogan Edge or blades x 10 years in my prime including as a club champ, and I really want to test these for my next set of irons.

They indeed look awesome! Like my PTxPro well enough though. Maybe get these as a retirement present in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure these will be great for a lot of golfers. The only thing that doesn't appeal to me at first glance is the offset but I still would give them a few swings and I bet they'd surprise me based on the feedback we've seen so far.

These look like such a perfect replacement for this style of club. It seems like a natural progression from the PTx Pro and those from the ICON. It's really cool to see how Ben Hogan golf seems to be developing a consistent identity throughout the lineup.

I'm sure these will be great for a lot of golfers. The only thing that doesn't appeal to me at first glance is the offset but I still would give them a few swings and I bet they'd surprise me based on the feedback we've seen so far.
I can’t seem to pull the specifications up on my phone. But I’d bet a $1 they have less offset that the callaway Apex DCB

Ordered a set yesterday :)

I think these are the clubs I have been waiting for from Hogan. If not, it's only money....right?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Again I would like to say, if these would have been offered for the UST/Ben Hogan Experience, I would have absolutely taken this iron over the PTx Pro irons.

I can’t seem to pull the specifications up on my phone. But I’d bet a $1 they have less offset that the callaway Apex DCB
I think it’s about the same... The DCB have a progressive offset from the 4 iron down...

looks like pre-orders ship early May. Man, I cannot wait to see these.

I think it’s about the same... The DCB have a progressive offset from the 4 iron down...

It’s basically the same. Ben Hogan Golf hasn’t posted the specs on the Edge EX yet, these are the 2018 Edge specs. The Edge has a minimal amount more offset but it’s almost negligible! You have to convert one spec over to compare (mm to inches).
CC53F303-222F-47DD-9B30-CCEF9B1E3B66.pngF0452002-90DC-46E9-B7D6-44366B1946FA.png

It’s basically the same. Ben Hogan Golf hasn’t posted the specs on the Edge EX yet, these are the 2018 Edge specs. The Edge has a minimal amount more offset but it’s almost negligible! You have to convert one spec over to compare (mm to inches).
View attachment 9001813View attachment 9001814

I have the information that you seek...

4 - .230
5 - .218
6 - .207
7 - .195
8 - .183
9 - .172
PW - .160

I have the information that you seek...

4 - .230
5 - .218
6 - .207
7 - .195
8 - .183
9 - .172
PW - .160

Thanks. Basically the same as Apex DCB (ever so slightly more). but less than standard Maverik.

4-20°
5-24°
6-28°
7-32°
8-36°
9-40°
PW-44°
Much appreciated! So a little stronger than the previous version but not bad at all. Think I might take a chance on these with the Recoils to experiment. Worst case I can throw the Modus 120’s in my current Edge’s in there

Back