Ben Hogan Equalizer II Wedges

Any news on the new wedges :)
Yes, they are both gorgeous. The 60 is amazing. One swing out of the sand and it booted my FullFace straight out of the bag. Love it 4 rounds in. I actually am willing to give it a 3/4-full swing which I never did with my lob wedge. Amazing out of a tight lie when I am short sided. Total versatile opening the face up. Really comfortable using the bounce which has always been something have been afraid of with a 58-60 degree lob wedge.

I screwed up and ordered a 50 instead of a 54 in the Texas wedge. Because I ordered it .5 inch long and 2 degrees upright Ben Hogan wouldn't trade it with me for what I meant to order. It was definitely my mistake and I accidently chose the 50. So I most likely will list it here. I haven't hit it yet because I don't think it would replace my AW. That is a full swing club for me so it doesn't make sense to have a specialized wedge there.

I am still contemplating ordering the 54 Texas Wedge because holy moly is it good looking. Only reason I haven't yet is because I have been really hot with my CBX2 the last month. I am getting up and down from 25-50 way more than I have ever in the past.

Yes, they are both gorgeous. The 60 is amazing. One swing out of the sand and it booted my FullFace straight out of the bag. Love it 4 rounds in. I actually am willing to give it a 3/4-full swing which I never did with my lob wedge. Amazing out of a tight lie when I am short sided. Total versatile opening the face up. Really comfortable using the bounce which has always been something have been afraid of with a 58-60 degree lob wedge.

I screwed up and ordered a 50 instead of a 54 in the Texas wedge. Because I ordered it .5 inch long and 2 degrees upright Ben Hogan wouldn't trade it with me for what I meant to order. It was definitely my mistake and I accidently chose the 50. So I most likely will list it here. I haven't hit it yet because I don't think it would replace my AW. That is a full swing club for me so it doesn't make sense to have a specialized wedge there.

I am still contemplating ordering the 54 Texas Wedge because holy moly is it good looking. Only reason I haven't yet is because I have been really hot with my CBX2 the last month. I am getting up and down from 25-50 way more than I have ever in the past.
Sounds good i am thinking about getting my old ar... nike wedges out of the bag for a full set of BH wedges, just not sure of what setup to go for.

The current setup is 52-56-60 but thinking about getting 50-54-58tx grind.

Oh hi....

C7C19619-9F83-4F6A-9E48-6CAA5FB7B703.jpeg

So I was guilty of not fully opening my hogan box until yesterday to take some photos and get ready for my round. Low and behold, there were 2 Equalizer wedges in there. Straight to the course with them and let me tell you, I am really impressed with them. That sole reminds me so much of my old SCOR wedges. It just flat out works. Pitches and chips, my short game was really strong yesterday and I credit these. Great feel, yesterday on soft greens the spin was killer. Definitely impressed and can't wait for more.

My buddy just got a set of these to go with his Hogan combo set and I'm itching to try them sometime. They look really nice in person.

yeah really nice. Color me impressed. And don' tell anyone, I prefer the feel over the SM8's I've been playing. At least for the one night.

Reactions: KEV
yeah really nice. Color me impressed. And don' tell anyone, I prefer the feel over the SM8's I've been playing. At least for the one night.

Very nice. How do they feel head weight wise to the SM8's?

These look phenomenal... !!!

I have been really pleased with my 60. Just a solid versatile wedge.

I originally bought a 52 and loved it so much that I added a 60, both in black finish. They look awesome and feel great on chips and full swings.

I sure like mine. I carry the 50* and the 56*. I've only had them a few weeks, but they are fantastic.

I’m a little sad not to have Hogan wedges in my bag right now! And, the EQ IIs…just made that up… look so dang good! Anyone grabbed a Texas grind yet?

I'm really happy with my Hogan 50* and 56*. I've got about ten rounds under my belt with them and have shaved off a few strokes. That includes a couple of hole outs (one from a bunker and one from 30 yards short of the green).

BTW, these are fantastic. I've found I have more control with these over the SM8. Bump and run with the 50° is so freaking fun.

How does the bounce play on the 60* wedge? The website lists leading/trailing v-sole bounce values of 23/6* and I have no idea how that would compare to a normal single bounce value. These values are the same as the 58* TX grind, which supposedly has a very different sole. Any clarity here? Thanks!

How does the bounce play on the 60* wedge? The website lists leading/trailing v-sole bounce values of 23/6* and I have no idea how that would compare to a normal single bounce value. These values are the same as the 58* TX grind, which supposedly has a very different sole. Any clarity here? Thanks!
If you can hang tight for a couple weeks, 6 of us are going to have some better answers for you.

Last edited:
The highest I played in these wedges was a 58, so I’m not really much help. But the bounce in the wedges I had was great. I think they were the best feeing edges I have played. Didn’t spin as much as the ZipCores I have, but man could then get though the rough.

The highest I played in these wedges was a 58, so I’m not really much help. But the bounce in the wedges I had was great. I think they were the best feeing edges I have played. Didn’t spin as much as the ZipCores I have, but man could then get though the rough.
I prefer a “standard” SW bounce around 11-12* and sole width close to 1”. I Currently play a 60* LW with 7* of bounce and 0.73” sole width, and wish both were higher. I suspect the v-sole plays wider than whatever the actual sole width is, but I don’t have any feeling of what the v-sole bounce is like. I should have explained that earlier. The 58* specs look similar to the 60* so your experience is relevant to me, thanks.

Last edited:
Finally got my 3 new black finish EQII out to some grass and they get their first taste of course action tomorrow.
Beautiful finish, matches my black Pro combo set perfectly.
50, 54 & 58 lofts, thinking about the 62 as I'm still not comfortable out of sand or playing a flop yet.

Not enough pictures of these beauties on the thread. The 54 & 60 were clutch during my round yesterday, I'm really impressed by their performance so far. I plan on sharing some more in-depth thoughts about how they've been working for me very soon.
20211106_111719.jpg

These are on my short list. I want to look at these, the zipcore and Edel for my next wedges.

Back