Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New from the company will be available direct from their website soon.
48-62 degrees available in 2 degree increments.
Cost is $100.

DYprJMmXkAEzwID.jpg

Those look pretty damn sharp, glad to see the company still breathing and coming out with new product.

Not bad looking

Looks nice. Wonder what the medailon in the back is for. Looks like they still have the V-Sole

Just saw the addition of the price, very very smart coming in at least $30 lower than almost anyone else.

• Admin
Looks nice. Wonder what the medailon in the back is for. Looks like they still have the V-Sole

They kept the V-Sole. They talk of progressive CG, so my gut says that and aesthetics.

Nice looking clubs - is it me or do the soles on those clubs look "Small"? I realize they maybe beveled but even then.....

Good looking wedges. Always thought it was cool how Hogan irons sets included an E wedge instead of the standard P wedge.

Such a classy looking wedge. Cool to see the Equalizer moniker back. Solid price point too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Pretty sexy looking wedges. What's the stock shaft in those?

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

What's the stock shaft in those?

Definitely?
Press Copy says "Steel and Graphite for $100"

No, I am not kidding. My gut says at the time of release, they had not decided yet.
If I was a betting man, I would say KBS and UST, but I dont know who got paid and who didnt.

Those are some incredibly slick wedges with some modern mixed with classic design.

Definitely?
Press Copy says "Steel and Graphite for $100"

No, I am not kidding. My gut says at the time of release, they had not decided yet.
If I was a betting man, I would say KBS and UST, but I dont know who got paid and who didnt.
This isn't surprising to me. I remember Hogan having their own shaft labels on their clubs back in the day. Maybe to keep focus on their heads?

Nice looking wedges and what appears to be a shrewd price strategy. I'm forever a fan of anything with Mr Hogan's signature and it's always good to see the brand is still trying. I don't think I'm consistent enough to game these wedges but I appreciate the post.

This isn't surprising to me. I remember Hogan having their own shaft labels on their clubs back in the day. Maybe to keep focus on their heads?

My gut says they dont do enough production to have a private label done by one of the factories. The previous company (Ben Hogan) had some issue with payment to some brands, for components. The new company has been formed and we are told that will no longer be the case. The only question is if shaft company A never got paid from before, how willing are they to drop some product to the company on net terms? I have no information on this other than what happened when THP broke the news about the original company going under, so its just a guess on why they would not have that info out there.

I was told custom options will be available so I am sure people will have a shaft of their choice as an option (upgrade or not).

My gut says they dont do enough production to have a private label done by one of the factories. The previous company (Ben Hogan) had some issue with payment to some brands, for components. The new company has been formed and we are told that will no longer be the case. The only question is if shaft company A never got paid from before, how willing are they to drop some product to the company on net terms? I have no information on this other than what happened when THP broke the news about the original company going under, so its just a guess on why they would not have that info out there.

I was told custom options will be available so I am sure people will have a shaft of their choice as an option (upgrade or not).
Sound logic. It all makes sense.

I'm super interested.

Pretty sexy looking wedges. What's the stock shaft in those?

Going through the order form the options are the same as the tk15 wedges. KBS Tour V, Tour 90, or Recoil. If there's a way to get a custom shaft I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm probably going to order some today. My TK15s have been absolutely perfect for my game. I'm a little concerned with the changes to V-Sole but that's the sort of thing that no amount of internet research can help with....gotta get them in some grass!

Going through the order form the options are the same as the tk15 wedges. KBS Tour V, Tour 90, or Recoil. If there's a way to get a custom shaft I haven't figured it out yet.

I'm probably going to order some today. My TK15s have been absolutely perfect for my game. I'm a little concerned with the changes to V-Sole but that's the sort of thing that no amount of internet research can help with....gotta get them in some grass!

They were designed by a different team, so that would explain the changes to the look and functionality. From what I have learned, TK has had no input into the current designs.

Those aren't bad at all. I think their loft numbers look so much better on the wedges than the irons.

Good looking wedge, and a good price.

I wouldn't mind trying an F4 in these. For $100 no upcharge, would be worth the test.

Thanks for the info AG.

Looks aren't too bad, very interested.

They were designed by a different team, so that would explain the changes to the look and functionality. From what I have learned, TK has had no input into the current designs.
Sounds like a straighter leading edge and a slightly different bounce setup are the main differences. I'm super intrigued but if they are completely new designs perhaps I need to temper my expectations.

The shafts look damn nice to me. The VSole doesn't look nearly as pronounced. The wedges look longer heel to toe than other Hogan offerings. $100 per clubs is very good pricing as compared to,competitors.

Back