Ben Hogan Golf Partners With Club Champion

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Found this press release:

Fort Worth, Texas – January 20, 2020 – On the heels of unveiling its 2020 Club Fitters and Builders Program, Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company today announced a partnership with Club Champion, the largest company-owned and #1 premium golf club fitting retailer in the U.S., to offer club heads in its fitting program nationwide.

Club Champion becomes the first national partner to join Ben Hogan Golf’s 2020 Club Fitters and Builders Program, whereby accredited club fitters and builders nationwide can now Buy Ben Hogan Golf-branded club heads directly from the Company for use in their custom club making businesses.

“We are thrilled to partner with Ben Hogan Golf to offer their acclaimed club heads in our Club Champion facilities across the country,” said Nick Sherburne, Club Champion’s Founder and a Master Club Fitter/Builder. “As the Ben Hogan brand has continued to surge, our customers have been asking for their products to be offered at Club Champion, and this new program allows us to satisfy that demand. We expect this partnership will be highly successful.”

“On the heels of our successful 2019 product launches, including the PTx PRO irons, GS53 driver and fairway woods and Ben Hogan Precision Milled Forged Putters, we have been inundated with demand from club builders to gain access to Ben Hogan club heads for their private club fitting businesses,” said Scott White, CEO, Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. “Just like our factory-direct-to-consumer business model, which eliminates retail mark-up, this new club fitter’s program, highlighted by our new partnership with Club Champion, offers high-performance forged club head pricing that is unmatched in the industry. It will allow club builders to offer their customers the best golf equipment in the world at the best pricing, while still recognizing a strong profit margin.”

This is going to be a “game changer” for Ben Hogan Golf! Availability and the lack of a “true” fitting were an obstacle for the company! I am so glad to see this! I am curious how the DTC pricing will be affected?

Sounds like a good connection.

This should be a great partnership for Ben Hogan Golf. I've hit a friends Ft. Worth 15's but they were the right shaft. Never got around to ordering a demo to try but if I decide to get a fitting the PTX pro will definitely be hit.

Congratulations @BHGtylerb! Great news for Ben Hogan Golf!

Good for BHG! And I'll second the comment about being curious if this affect pricing at all.

Glad to hear about this partnership!!

This is great news for Ben Hogan Golf and consumers.

The pricing will likely be higher- BUT I would suspect that people who are spending the $150 for the actual fitting for irons would pay a bit of a premium for the irons themselves to have them put together. And be saving money over other manufacturers offerings. It certainly gets more people aware of the Hogan brand by having it available there, too.

Great news for Tyler & Ben Hogan!

Best wishes with their new program.
The more successful club makers, the more good choices for us.

NIce!!

Congratulations to both BHG and Club Champion. Two quality outfits.

I may be weird, but I would rather pay a fitter a fee that is recognizable for what it is, and in the case of a (DTC) firm like Hogan, directly pay them their stated price per club built to the specs defined by the fitter (head, shaft, grip, loft/lie). Hogan will do the assembly without charging you unless you want a serious shaft upgrade, which most fitters can't (or won't) do. The only case where I would have the fitter assemble the clubs would be when Hogan doesn't make the selected shaft available.

FWIW, I am 74, have played off and on for sixty years, and had never owned a forged set of irons or had my clubs truly fitted. I simply didn't think my game was worthy of Mizuno or Hogan or the other high-quality forged clubs. So I just pounded along with off-the-rack and EBay purchases. I had a LOT of irons over the years, but had no idea if a given set (or the shafts, etc) were suitable for me. Then, about four months ago I said screw it, I'm going to buy what may be the last set of irons I ever buy and I'm going to try to do it right for a change.

I went to a highly-regarded local shop in the PacNW for a fitting, swung a bunch of clubs by various manufacturers and also a Mizuno shaft optimizer, and ordered a set of Hot Metals. They are Chromoly rather than forged, but a big jump up for me in any case. I was happy as Hell. I immediately started hitting yardages that were typical (for me) of 10 years ago. Better yet, the Mizunos were, if anything, more forgiving than my 8-year old SGI irons. Then I had a chance on THP to buy a set of Hogan Ft. Worth Blacks. True forged clubs. Ah, why not? I've now played five rounds with them. I am astounded. They are even longer (and more forgiving) than the Hot Metals. Forged blades. Don't wake me up. I'll continue to play both, leaving the Hogans where we winter and playing the MIzunos at home during the northern hemisphere summer.

Do yourself a favor. GET FIT, whether by Club Champion or someone else. And hit the Hogan irons while you are there. They may or may not be right for you, but they are true quality equipment with more tech than most of us can understand or handle. IF you have them built by Hogan, you will likely save $300 to $400 compared to the big brands in the market. That will buy a few hours of lessons, which might be as important as the fit in making your new clubs sing.

Great news for Ben Hogan and I second Hecaviator be sure to get fit. I did my first fitting before Christmas and the difference between hitting my old clubs and new clubs is night and day. The fitting truly makes a difference - I am more accurate and longer. I wish they had Ben Hogan clubs when I was at Club Champion.

This seems like a great partnership for them. I bet they will sell more clubs this way

Back