Ben Hogan GS53 Driver and Fairway Woods

Thinking maybe both..... I shouldn’t but I should as well

Try the demo program!

4B980D89-C092-44A7-9E7E-89F973D11B28.jpg

Just returned from my annual golf trip last week, still very impressed with the performance of both the GS53 Driver and Fairway woods. The driver was just "working" all week long. I don't think I have ever hit it as accurate as I did last week. There were a couple holes where I found myself in parts of the fairway I had never reached in the past (which is unusual because I am not a long hitter by nature). The one thing that really impressed me with the driver last week was the forgiveness, I hit a couple out on the toe and the ball still held it line, a couple even with a little baby draw.
The fairway woods have always been "automatic" for me since I received them and this has not changed. So easy to hit and long! I was truly impressed with their performance out of the rough. The course we played had the rough grown in pretty thick, these were able to cut through nicely which produced some great results.
I have always been impressed with these clubs since I received them during last years Hogan Experience. This past week pnly confirms that these clubs just flat out perform for me! Can't wait to get out and tee it back up !!

The driver has still been a fairway finder for me. While I'm not super long off the tee, I'm almost always in great position with my GS53/Linq combo I have right now. This makes it so much easier to shoot well.

Looks like a GS53 driver shaft battle may have been initiated today. Put in the Accra TZ6 65 on a whim today to test it in the driver a few more times before deciding whether to cut it and install in the 3 wood or leave it as an alternative driver shaft. It is about 8 grams heavier than the 55 (70g vs. 62g) and is a little lower torgue (2.4 vs. 2.7). Hit some really good drives with the combo today and, to my surprise, was actually hitting the ball higher overall with the 65 today than I typically do with the 55.

Regardless of which shaft I plug in it, still a big fan of the driver and it is in no danger of leaving the bag anytime soon. Still as long, or longer, than anything else I have ever played and I find more fairways with it than other drivers. Pretty darn good combination.

I love the look, sound, feel and distance of this driver. I still struggle a bit when I get a toe side miss though, compared to a few others on the market.

I love the look, sound, feel and distance of this driver. I still struggle a bit when I get a toe side miss though, compared to a few others on the market.
That seems to be a common issue with several of us. What causes that? Weighting? Shape?

When you hit it well, it is addictive! Do you think the Speed Slot affects the forgiveness of the toe side?

When you hit it well, it is addictive! Do you think the Speed Slot affects the forgiveness of the toe side?
That's my theory, I don't know how much validity there is to that though.

I now have a driver and FW on the way courtesy of Hogan's demo program

After my lesson today, I had 4-5 golf balls left, so like any normal person would do, I hit the driver! The first one I toed really bad! It was way the heck out on the edge. Like if I named it, it would be Toey McToerson! Previously, this meant the ball was going to take a hard right and keep going, but today, it actually turned over and finished up close to the middle of the driving range! I was shocked! The toe section has been this driver's Achellis' Heel. The next one was toe side of center. Then I adjusted my stance and hit the last 2-3 in the middle. All 5 basically dead straight. I don't think I ever hit 5 great drives in a row before. The sound and feel of this driver is so great. The ball really trampolines off the face.

4 wood heading my way. Boom 💥

Did you go with the Tensei?
Yeah think it’s best suited for my swing. The Smoke is a good shaft but not quite what I want from the fairway and the Helium would be too high. Happy medium you know . Thanks for the advice Scott I really appreciated it .

GS53 Driver- the hard right showed back up again today! I don’t want to say anything negative about the driver because it’s truly on me and my swing faults. More forgiveness would be nice, but that’s not what Ben Hogan Golf is built upon. When you’re swinging great, the driver performs! It’s the “off days” that’s penalized. I told myself I would use the same clubs all year. There’s a lot on the market right now that has peeked my interest, but I‘m fairly certain they wouldn’t mask my swing issues any better. #Indiannotarrows

GS53 3-wood- this metal wood is hard to beat! Looks good, feels great! I get a low to mid rising flight. Distance is always super consistent. My EXS 3 Wood is longer, but the distance varies a lot from shot to shot. With the Hogan, I can count on 230 carry. Also, is a great backup off the tee when the driver isn’t working.

So received my demo GS53 10.5 w tensi blue stiff and matching 4 wood. So I've played it twice now without any range time whatsoever . Well hell this thing must just fit me. Set to N- I've hit more fairways and deeper than my Cally GBB epic. Honestly blown away. I've been hitting it so well my golf partner told me he would lend me the money if I needed it but that I should own this driver. 4 wood has been long and solid. Really exceeded all expectations.
P.S. I love my PTx irons!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

So received my demo GS53 10.5 w tensi blue stiff and matching 4 wood. So I've played it twice now without any range time whatsoever . Well hell this thing must just fit me. Set to N- I've hit more fairways and deeper than my Cally GBB epic. Honestly blown away. I've been hitting it so well my golf partner told me he would lend me the money if I needed it but that I should own this driver. 4 wood has been long and solid. Really exceeded all expectations.
P.S. I love my PTx irons!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That's how it was for me as well. Took it to the course and hasn't left the bag since.

Just order the GS53 Driver & 4 Wood today with the Helium shaft in both....:blob:

The wait begins...😳

The GS53 3&5 woods came to play yesterday! Very happy with the continued performance of these clubs. It’s always a good feeling having the confidence “knowing” you’re going to be able to hit a good shot when you pull a club from the bag.
Best shot of the day, after pushing my drive right and punching back out to the fairway. I left myself with 225yds to the green with a carry over a marsh. Pulled the GS53 3 wood and proceeded to hit a beautiful high arching shot that hit and stopped about 4 ft from the pin. Those are the shots that keep you coming back!
Can’t wait to get back out for another round.

Back