Ben Hogan GS53 Driver and Fairway Woods

I really want to invest in a 5 wood after the success I've had with the driver and 3 wood. I'm a big fan of the hybrids but think the 5 wood could really help.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The 5 wood has been “Money” since day one! Actually both the 3 & 5 have been. Great fairway woods in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little range time this morning with the 5 wood. Pretty happy with this ball.

94 Club Head Speed
139 Ball Speed
Smash 1.48
Launch Angle 13.2
Spin Rate 3841
Distance 227 yards and carry of 213 yards

Little range time this morning with the 5 wood. Pretty happy with this ball.

94 Club Head Speed
139 Ball Speed
Smash 1.48
Launch Angle 13.2
Spin Rate 3841
Distance 227 yards and carry of 213 yards
Such underrated woods, hopefully people can get these in their hands and test them out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Driver continues to be a fairway finder with increased distance and the 3 wood has turned into a scoring club for me on par 5s setting me up in great position. I honestly didn't think the TS2 could be beat out but I was wrong.

Been getting a little wild off the tee with the ole Hogan... My swing is getting a little loose and missing both directions. Played Kinderlou Forest at the The Gethering and hit some great drives but also hit some real stinkers. Need to get some practice time in this week and maybe this weekend.

Been 3 weeks since I've played as I've been having tennis elbow issues but we had decent weather today and was able to get out and play today. I only missed 2 fairways the entire round with the driver and when I did it was right beside the fairway. Being in great position all day set up a really easy round of golf.

I played with @BHGtylerb today, and he was kind enough to let me play his driver for most of the round. I really enjoyed it. The Driver has a very appealing shape to my eye, and extremely pleasant feel off the face. The combo worked well for me and was able to play some very nice drives right from the first shot.
I’d easily play this as my gamer, fantastic performance.

I played with @BHGtylerb today, and he was kind enough to let me play his driver for most of the round. I really enjoyed it. The Driver has a very appealing shape to my eye, and extremely pleasant feel off the face. The combo worked well for me and was able to play some very nice drives right from the first shot.
I’d easily play this as my gamer, fantastic performance.

Tyler (@BHGtylerb) is good people ! No surprise at all that he let you have access to his personal driver.

Still absolutely loving the GS53 driver / ACCRA TZ6 55 Combo. So much so that I placed an order for a TZ6 65 for the 3 wood.

Hit my Ben Hogan Golf equipment today. It's the first time since I started taking lessons and working on my swing. My swing has gotten exponentially better with each lesson, and I've been close to being in a good place. Well, the stars aligned today I guess. Absolutely blistered the ball with the GS53 9.0 driver and 3 wood. It's amazing when you hit the ball dead center. The ball explodes off the face. This driver still is the best feeling and sounding driver available today. Very happy with the results!IMG_1332.JPG

Hit my Ben Hogan Golf equipment today. It's the first time since I started taking lessons and working on my swing. My swing has gotten exponentially better with each lesson, and I've been close to being in a good place. Well, the stars aligned today I guess. Absolutely blistered the ball with the GS53 9.0 driver and 3 wood. It's amazing when you hit the ball dead center. The ball explodes off the face. This driver still is the best feeling and sounding driver available today. Very happy with the results!View attachment 8918501

Good to see the hard work paying off JBC3!!!!

Great job JBC3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my season is over here in Ohio and I now have a lot of rounds in with the driver and 3 wood since I got them at the Ben Hogan Experience and wanted to do an end of the year review. For reference I was playing Titleist TS2 driver/3 wood with Even Flow white shafts before these.

Looks- I'm a big fan of the solid black with white lettering the woods offer; it's a very clean look. I am also a fan of the top of the driver with the Ben Hogan logo as the line for the center of the face aiming point. I feel it sits very neutral at address and the head is a great shape that I like. I went with the Hzrdus Smoke black shaft that goes great with the head. I wish the 3 wood had the same top line as the driver but it doesn't have anything on the top of the head.

Performance- The driver has been really consistent for me. I went to an outside range that had Trackman and compared the TS2 to the GS53 and the results were pretty close but the Hogan was longer and more consistent. I added about 7-8 yards of distance and I can pretty much just point and shoot with this driver. If anything it has a small fade but usually not too much. The 3 wood has been really good off the deck but I've had some struggles with it teed up. I really like the height and ball flight the 3 wood has created off the deck though and have no concerns pulling it out on par 5s.

Overall- The driver was the most intrigued I was about any club from the event because Ben Hogan hadn't made a driver I believe in about 10 years. I went in thinking that there was no way the TS2 was going to leave the bag but I was wrong and I have already sold it and the Hogan is in there still. Both clubs are in my bag and have beaten out the competition and I really enjoy them. I enjoyed the shaft offerings for the woods through their website, the Hzrdus smoke was something that really fit my swing. The only knock is the grips once again as Ben Hogan only offers the one kind for their clubs.

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_185302052.jpg
    IMG_20191212_185302052.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20191212_192921012.jpg
    IMG_20191212_192921012.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
Walked out the garage today and looked over at my clubs just sitting there not being touched and 2 thoughts came to my immediate attention. 1- why do I live in Ohio? 2- I really miss hitting this driver. I've had the most success I've ever had hitting a driver since getting this in August. I still have the bad swings, but the result is almost always still in play where previously it was 2 counties to the right. It looks sharp and sounds even better. It's hard not to get caught up in the new offerings that are starting to come out, but honestly there is no need for me to even consider changing. I can't wait for spring to get here!

I keep thinking back to hitting this driver at PGA National. It was such a solid playing club. I hit pretty much my favorite shot of the entire weekend with it. And for the record, it was my first or second swing with it, in the pouring rain, at and unfamiliar course, playing Tyler's club, and absolutely striped it over a row of palm trees to carry a dogleg on a Par 5. It took me two weeks after returning home to realize I hit the shot with Tyler's driver, not mine. I found this driver really easy to hit right off the bat and very nice feel and trajectory.

All that to say, its cool to read the feedback from those who have purchased and are loving it. I can totally see why.

Hit the Hogan GS53 3 wood tonight. Looking to get some data on what driver and fw to game in 2020. The feel is amazing with this fairway wood. It‘s extremely easy to hit even in a smaller profile. I put 4 balls within a foot of one another. I used a Q-Star Tour for testing.
Carry 220
Total 240
Launch 11.5*
Ball Speed 140
Backspin 2430IMG_1580.JPGIMG_1581.JPG

Hit the GS53 9.0 driver and 3 wood today at the range! Man, I am so happy right now. Consistently long and dead center of the fairway. The driver face feels super springy. The ball just jumps off the face. Feel and sound are superb. The 3 wood was basically surgical today. Ball flight would start low and softly rise to a mid flight then come down softly over the crest at the range. Off the deck, just one after another! For a smaller 3 wood, it is easy to launch, feels great, looks amazing!

I wonder if I will get to hit these on June 3 😈

It’s a classic, no thrills head, with great feel and sound. Low spin. @Johan185 will tell you it was equal to his Cobra F9!

Attachments

• D90322B3-7E21-4BDD-8BEC-F5FC3629FFA5.jpeg
    D90322B3-7E21-4BDD-8BEC-F5FC3629FFA5.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7
Got out a couple days ago. Driver continues to be hit or miss, but it's the swing, not the driver. When a good swing is made the results are right up there with anything I've ever played. Sadly, most of the swings the other day were poor. Chalk it up to winter rust. Looking forward to more time with this once the weather turns, but also have my eyes on a few others out there to maybe do some side by side with.

Back