Ben Hogan GS53 MAX Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Appearing on the conforming list. New driver from Ben Hogan Golf.

14562240-B632-4219-B0E9-1FBCD90FB019.jpeg

Innnnnnnteresting. I wonder what we are “Max”-ing? Size? Forgiveness?

I know one thing, if it sounds like the GS53 still then that’s a winner.

Will it be 460cc instead of 450? Love this!

I'm guessing 460cc and with that CG further back for more MOI.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the face is a little more closed in neutral.

Obviously interested to hear more abut this one. Probably not a driver I will be looking to add since I hit the regular version of the GS53 well.

Nice clean shape with a few visible tech spots, Weights on drivers like this, from a brand that isn't common in my area, always makes me wonder what it would be like to have all the adjustments available while fitting into one.

Looks good, 👀 forward to some THPer thoughts

This is certainly interesting.

Interesting development here. Max drivers abound! Still looks really solid. It’s also really hard not to try BH equipment at their prices.

That looks fancy. Although I feel the Speed Slot is becoming so mainstream that brands might eventually stop mentioning it.

Ok but got a question who truly makes and manufactured these? Hogan quality in day was superior but would need more info to bite? I saw irons at a fitting place and was disappointed overall.

That looks fancy. Although I feel the Speed Slot is becoming so mainstream that brands might eventually stop mentioning it.

It is, and still with the marking in that location it reminds me of the old Nicklaus drivers.

Ok but got a question who truly makes and manufactured these? Hogan quality in day was superior but would need more info to bite? I saw irons at a fitting place and was disappointed overall.

Ben Hogan has their own R&D and manufacture the goods using the same factories that most companies use. Their quality is rather high.

which irons were you looking at? I have had ICONs in my bag since May and the quality is outstanding.

I tried 2 iron heads honestly as gamed Hogan blades and Edge (and club champ with later) for years but was very disappointed with tractman numbers vs other brands and now bagging PXG at Veteran prices and just worked better for me. Hogan’s do look good though. Have not tried woods.

Last edited:
If it doesn’t cause a 50 yard slice when hit off the toe I’ll be interested. Love the look and sound of the GS53, and if I hit it in the screws I KILLED it. But off the toe? Pffft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews should be coming in soon since we are giving three away at our THP Experience in a couple of weeks to go along with everybody getting a full set of irons and custom shafts.

It is, and still with the marking in that location it reminds me of the old Nicklaus drivers.
Bingo. SCREAMS ML4 to me, something I noticed when I reviewed the non Max

Bingo. SCREAMS ML4 to me, something I noticed when I reviewed the non Max

My BIL still plays that driver.

Sharp looks and likely high quality. They should though IMO play around with some more adjustable weighting. These days all the top manufacturers have relatively hot faces and loft flexibility to me being able to move weight for draw and fade bias and or > MOI as important. They say you can change face angle but I would rather not go that way. Also no A flex on current site and seniors need that option.

This is an interesting release for Ben Hogan Golf. I understand releasing a more forgiving club. All other OEMs have a “max forgiveness” driver. But, does the average Hogan fan want more forgiveness over workability and smaller profile? Secondly, is this due to feedback about the GS53’s playability, especially off the toe section? Will a weight down low and farther back increase the overall stability on off-center hits? I felt like/know that I was losing strokes off the tee with the original GS53. I played it for over a year, but it was outclassed by the Big Bertha B21 driver. But, as a Ben Hogan mark I will definitely be trying this driver for myself!

Back