I absolutely 100% cannot wait for you all to read this one.

Received my GS53 Max tonight!😃 Initial thoughts....It is very noticeably larger than the standard GS53! I wasn’t sure if 15cc was going to make much of a difference...it does. The face is taller with more curvature where its predecessor was shorter and straight across. The carbon fiber weave pops on the crown and leads to a ‘bulbous’ rear section. These features reminds me of the Tour Edge EXS driver. The sole is very similar except for the tungsten weight in the back. With 460 cc and the Speed Slot, it definitely has an Adams Speedline essence. Overall, I’m impressed. Definitely a step up from the original as far as modern tech. Performance I’m looking for...1-Low spin. The standard model averaged 24-2500 rpms for me, but would spin up >4000 rpms on mishits. Retaining low spin over the club face is a must. 2-Neutralizing the HARD RIGHT on the toe side! The OG GS53 Achilles’ heel is the toe in my opinion. Gear effect never took over. It was just going to fly righter than Reagan off the toe. 3-Distance with roll out. The smaller head was sneaky long! I could get some killer distance with it, but the majority of the time I got ZERO roll out. So, maximizing overall distance is huge. 2 factors that the GS53 has going for it is SOUND & FEEL. It will be interesting to see how the Max performs in these categories?!
D0FD4536-3CA4-40AA-B713-81B37864E430.jpeg34ED8FD7-23CB-4F60-9E95-80CF0771C794.jpeg3736CD9C-2867-4C12-99CF-74F9FEE2CE3E.jpeg994F93A4-7228-413C-B4F5-BBEB0FF3C283.jpeg

Received my GS53 Max tonight!😃 Initial thoughts....It is very noticeably larger than the standard GS53! I wasn’t sure if 15cc was going to make much of a difference...it does. The face is taller with more curvature where its predecessor was shorter and straight across. The carbon fiber weave pops on the crown and leads to a ‘bulbous’ rear section. These features reminds me of the Tour Edge EXS driver. The sole is very similar except for the tungsten weight in the back. With 460 cc and the Speed Slot, it definitely has an Adams Speedline essence. Overall, I’m impressed. Definitely a step up from the original as far as modern tech. Performance I’m looking for...1-Low spin. The standard model averaged 24-2500 rpms for me, but would spin up >4000 rpms on mishits. Retaining low spin over the club face is a must. 2-Neutralizing the HARD RIGHT on the toe side! The OG GS53 Achilles’ heel is the toe in my opinion. Gear effect never took over. It was just going to fly righter than Reagan off the toe. 3-Distance with roll out. The smaller head was sneaky long! I could get some killer distance with it, but the majority of the time I got ZERO roll out. So, maximizing overall distance is huge. 2 factors that the GS53 has going for it is SOUND & FEEL. It will be interesting to see how the Max performs in these categories?!
View attachment 8984523View attachment 8984526View attachment 8984525View attachment 8984527
Excellent!
I played a round today with @mseasu’s. It was fabulous. The wind we played o. Was not but a big fan of this driver.

I have about 60 swings in over 7 rounds. I'm digging the new driver. My distance and ball flight are improving with each round. I've been utilizing Arccos to get tracking data. With the wet weather my run outs are limited, so I'm get to true landing area distance. Most of the drives are landing 230 to 245. Today on a drier track I was 255-265.

So far, I love this thing. Easy to swing, lines up well. The adjustments to get it dialed in were fairly easy. I recommend to anyone looking for a new long stick to take advantage of the test drive Ben Hogan golf offers. For under $400, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better one.

Biggest phrase that made my ears and wandering mind perk up...

Awesome subtle looks and huge with the mass moved back to promote low spin high launch.

. increased carry and roll out.

Back