JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this week a new driver appeared on the USGA Conforming List. The Ben Hogan GS53 Max Driver is now here and will be available as early as today from their website.

Before getting into the new GS53 Max, we want to say it is not necessarily replacing the current model from Ben Hogan. The current GS53 is a titanium driver with a forged face that got some rave reviews in our testing. The lineup that has been out will stay in line and available directly from their website.

Continue reading...

Boom. Welcome to the world of multi material drivers, Hogan. This is a very cool addition to the lineup and I hope to get to hit one at some point!

This sounds incredible...

That looks sick

I like everything I am reading here. Taller face, composite crown, price, and the shaft options are all on point.

Need pic of the crown!

Cannot wait for this to hit their demo program.

• Admin
Need pic of the crown!

Should have them in hand today for THP Experience, so will grab a few pictures for you.

Great looking driver as all Ben Hogan clubs are.

CAN’T WAIT

*Bart Scott Voice*

Hard to imagine that I would like it more than the original GS53 but would like to try it to see. Hope to get the opportunity to give it some swings.

Looking forward to seeing how this performs. Getting that CG low and back helps me immensely!

Looks like a low CG monster... Can’t wait to hit one.

That is one nice looking driver!

This looks like a great evolution of the original GS53, which was quite good. More forgiveness will complement the lineup and the needs of most golfers nicely. Ben Hogan does such a good job with shaping of clubs, the GS53 is very appealing at address. Excited to see this one in my hands!

I love that they're figuring out how to do this with real deal aftermarket shafts as part of a reasonable entry price. Interested to see how this one performs, but I definitely want to hit it.

Great looking driver right there!!!!

I think we might see one of these showing up in our AZ league in a month or so. Larger and weight low and back sounds like a great option in their driver lineup.

Don't be swayed by its beauty. Focus on that cocktail and winning first 🤣

Look forward to learning more about this one. I suppose this would compete more with the SZ Xtreme and G410 Max type of heads?

I'm quite impressed by the looks of things and from what I'm reading. @JB - Very much enjoyed the write-up. This looks like a big step for BH, the driver looks more competitive to the market while retaining their GS53 look and feel, but that CF crown is a nice touch. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the original GS53, but this has me thinking... From what I'm reading/gathering, it seems that the GS53 would be more suitable for higher swing speeds while the new GS53 MAX would be more for less than "Tour-caliber" swing speeds?

I'm quite impressed by the looks of things and from what I'm reading. @JB - Very much enjoyed the write-up. This looks like a big step for BH, the driver looks more competitive to the market while retaining their GS53 look and feel, but that CF crown is a nice touch. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the original GS53, but this has me thinking... From what I'm reading/gathering, it seems that the GS53 would be more suitable for higher swing speeds while the new GS53 MAX would be more for less than "Tour-caliber" swing speeds?

In my opinion, in general speaking that would be correct. Another way to look at it is those with a need for spin reduction the GS53 makes sense. Those that need or want an easier initial launch, the Max makes sense. Weight forward and a bit higher will lead to lower spin, but also a loss in forgiveness through MOI.

Back