Ben Hogan ICON Irons

Did they take these down from the website?

I wish they were chrome, the brushed looks wonderful but chrome is just classy

that is one sexy looking iron, Very reminiscent of older MB's and i like that kind of iron.

If I had the game I'd play the heck out of these.

Lets see, can i get in OL, 1" over standard UST Mamiya graphite shaft, maybe a 780 or 110 proto?

Yeah, I have my original PTx bent two degrees strong otherwise I keep hitting moon balls. One thing I wish Hogan would allow is to do combo sets, maybe they would if contacting them directly.

I reached out to BH on Twitter recently asking if PTx Pro or Icon would be a good replacement for my Nike Pro Combos... they replied "The Nike Combo set was a great set. I think you'll be happy for what's in store in 2020 from us." Sounds promising???

THP Live today about these irons.
Might even give one away for review to a lucky Albatross Club Member.

Sweet! I could go back to playing Hogan's if I had these in the bag. My search for a new OEM could be over in a flash! (y)

Sweet! I could go back to playing Hogan's if I had these in the bag. My search for a new OEM could be over in a flash! (y)

And remember who did a masterful job of tooting the BHG horn in the other thread! 😁

Can't wait to tune in. I have been enamored with these since you posted that initial USGA pic. Looking forward to these getting in the hands of some THPers and hearing what they're all about. I still may just do the demo program to give them a try and share my own feedback if the season ever starts.

Really looking forward to this one!!

Just got an email that the ICONs were just added to the demo program, which if you have not tried, may be the best at home demo program in golf.

mail.jpg

I had seen that on Instagram a few minutes ago. There aren't many clubs out there that look this good.30E49546-9257-4457-AA80-AA447F561C3D.png

I had seen that on Instagram a few minutes ago. There aren't many clubs out there that look this good.View attachment 8939027
And just think, in no time you'll be staring at those bad boys in the bag all season! They are a great looking blade.

Reactions: KEV
So I need a good reason not to buy these.

Right now the only thing I can of is there may be a combo set later this year....

Right now the only thing I can of is there may be a combo set later this year....
Same thoughts.

But I’d honestly like to have a set of MB’s I kick around again.

Last edited:

I'm right there with you. Buying ICON's when I have brand new Ptx Pro seems fiscally liberal, but it would make for a heck of a comparison :D

I will add, that I spent a few hours yesterday chipping and pitching with my set of '99 Apex side by side with the PTx Pro. That would be a hot three-way comparo :sneaky:

We evidently have two threads on these going but in the other thread I mentioned the order confirmation came in for these on Friday. I have a feeling these are going to be ridiculously fun to play around with.

I will add, that I spent a few hours yesterday chipping and pitching with my set of '99 Apex side by side with the PTx Pro. That would be a hot three-way comparo :sneaky:
Yeah it would

We evidently have two threads on these going but in the other thread I mentioned the order confirmation came in for these on Friday. I have a feeling these are going to be ridiculously fun to play around with.
I’m so stinking excited for you and the feedback you’re going to bring!

• Appreciation
Back