Pfft he aims to be the ball striker I am.

Love that the thoughts on these match the looks. They are on the short list for sure.

I have a range session scheduled tomorrow. I’m so curious to see if I see some similar patterns.

Reactions: KEV
I have a range session scheduled tomorrow. I’m so curious to see if I see some similar patterns.

I'm pretty sure this is a false sense of security after only one 18 hole rounds round but these were easier to hit than I thought they would be.

Of course next round out it will look like I've never hit irons before.

I'm pretty sure this is a false sense of security after only one 18 hole rounds round but these were easier to hit than I thought they would be.

Of course next round out it will look like I've never hit irons before.

im so glad you said this because it’s how I feel, and I’m stunned by it. Now it’s only one round, so I’m not going to get too excited. But man it wasn’t the irons that let me down tonight(+3), it was blowing two balls OB with a driver.

every miss I had with these wasn’t a left or right miss, it was a straight line miss. But I saw some crazy good consistency.
This was two 9 irons from the rough at 135. Both are pin high and what I would call good shots.

047E1586-73FB-474A-A078-D462D163334B.jpeg
Side view

CAB11856-42D7-4A7C-8D61-D3860FA779DF.jpeg

im so glad you said this because it’s how I feel, and I’m stunned by it. Now it’s only one round, so I’m not going to get too excited. But man it wasn’t the irons that let me down tonight(+3), it was blowing two balls OB with a driver.

every miss I had with these wasn’t a left or right miss, it was a straight line miss. But I saw some crazy good consistency.
This was two 9 irons from the rough at 135. Both are pin high and what I would call good shots.

View attachment 8943684
Side view

View attachment 8943686
I had a similar experience last night out with the kids. On the last hole I dropped three balls on the tee. The first two I pushed slightly on similar struck shots and they were right beside each other. The third I hit straight, also well struck, and it went pretty much the same distance.

Something I really noticed today was how well I could flight the 8 and 9 irons. We had some wicked wind and being able to do that really helped.

Also, these are some good feeling clubs.

Man, you two are killing it...and me.

I need some shipping confirmation.

Man, you two are killing it...and me.

I need some shipping confirmation.

I won’t lie, a combo set with these sounds glorious. Because I doubt I can keep the long iron ball striking up.

But James, not hooks with the irons today. None. Not one. Zero.

I won’t lie, a combo set with these sounds glorious. Because I doubt I can keep the long iron ball striking up.
I was thinking the same thing Dean.

@ddec what did you think looking down at these at address? Do you think they look really small or scary?

You and Kev are getting me really excited to spend some time with the combo set

• Appreciation
@ddec what did you think looking down at these at address? Do you think they look really small or scary?

They were scarier to me when I was looking at them in the house. For some reason I felt some calmness with them on the course. But man they are thinner than I would ever picture myself playing.

So I was thinking about this a little more. I had one shot today with the 5 iron where I got a little swipey with my swing and came up about 5 yards shorter than I needed and dunked it in the drink. It makes me wonder if a PTx Pro in that spot would have cleared it.

But James, not hooks with the irons today. None. Not one. Zero.
I have been drawing the PTx Pro fairly consistently, but the ICONS wanted to to go straight or fade. I thought it was due to my PTx Pros being 2* up.

Still on the fence about these and I dont even need them. I have a MP20 combo set I love.

Still on the fence about these and I dont even need them. I have a MP20 combo set I love.
I've been pretty open about my love for the MP20 lineup and was lusting after a combo set. I have a feeling these would be right up there in performance though. Plus now that they have the combo set with the new UiHi I'm not sure that package can be beat from a cost standpoint.

It does stink that they have limited shaft offering but outside of that I'm not sure you really give up performance and get a great set for a portion of price. Plus you don't give up anything in the looks department.

Talk to me about feel at impact. I absolutely LOVED this feature of the PTx. Same? Better? Different?

Back