I know I saw it somewhere here but ordering combo sets, can't seem to find that on the site....
If you're on a PC, go to website and scroll down to bottom. You'll see EQUIPMENT and it's listed there. Not sure why it's not at the top drop down menus.

I'm not one of those "anyone can play blades" or "blades make you a better ball striker" people but I really do think a wide variety of golfers could successfully play this model. I'm not a good iron player by any means but I don't feel like I'm significantly punished with them.

My buddy today asked if these are staying in the bag and all I could tell him is that I haven't once felt like I shouldn't be playing these. That was a concern of mine going in to testing them but I really don't feel they are much more demanding than some of the other irons I've played.

20200619_144640.jpg
The bag lies dormant, patiently waiting to be whole again...
Got the 50° GW in today. Looks like my Icons won't ship till next week. I'm bummed but it's going to be rainy all weekend here anyway so I guess it was meant to be. 28 days and counting...

So I totally went to impulse buy these today, but impulse naturally means I want it now. 😂 Below update says 29days for fulfillment! 🤦🏻‍♂️

72BD2880-E2AC-4770-A9C8-CCCC1E3B3397.png

They need to work overtime. I’m anxiously awaiting mine

i didn’t place the order. Impulse buy + 30day wait ...easily doesn’t become impulse buy! But man they are tugging on my heart strings!

I'm glad I acted, it was a wait yes but worth it.

I'm not really a "I want blades" guy, but I keep thinking about these. They'd be a fun set to play with and test out some ideas I have on what works and doesn't for me in the bag.
Sounds insane...but they don’t seem like you’re playing blades. Granted, I’m not hitting them in the 4/5/6/7 so that might be part of it

I'm not really a "I want blades" guy, but I keep thinking about these. They'd be a fun set to play with and test out some ideas I have on what works and doesn't for me in the bag.

I mean I know a guy.

This has been a fun follow.

You are welcome to take mine out for a round next time we play. Which reminds me... let's play!

I’m thinking what can I sell to get a set??? Also when you choose the blended options BH are giving a discount on the additional low loft option.

I know the wait time is long but based on this thread it’s worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone hit both the chrome and the black finish? Comparison??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but these things are just plain fun. My swing was pretty off today but I again didn't feel overly punished. Yes, I lose more distance than I would with a larger iron but I still don't fell that it's a large difference from what I've played in the past.

The question I find myself asking is would I be better off with a combo set? I don't really know the answer to be honest. I'm a firm believer that a good chunk of golfers could handle the 8-PW that the combo set has. The 4-7 is tough for me to decide if I would benefit from it. I don't feel like it would be a huge difference but I'm also tempted to try to see.

Either way I'm enjoying the heck out of this set and outside of that combo conversation I just brought up these are firmly planted in the bag.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but these things are just plain fun. My swing was pretty off today but I again didn't feel overly punished. Yes, I lose more distance than I would with a larger iron but I still don't fell that it's a large difference from what I've played in the past.

The question I find myself asking is would I be better off with a combo set? I don't really know the answer to be honest. I'm a firm believer that a good chunk of golfers could handle the 8-PW that the combo set has. The 4-7 is tough for me to decide if I would benefit from it. I don't feel like it would be a huge difference but I'm also tempted to try to see.

Either way I'm enjoying the heck out of this set and outside of that combo conversation I just brought up these are firmly planted in the bag.

That is high praise, you were coming from a pretty nice iron setup before these if I recall.

That is high praise, you were coming from a pretty nice iron setup before these if I recall.
I sure was and they were a lot of fun too. There's just something to these that makes a person feel good hitting them. Maybe it's the Hogan history and mystique.

I'm with you man. In the end I think the combo could be absolutely perfect. But then I go out and I hit the 4-5-6 and hit them just fine, even when I miss I don't feel like in actual on course results that it is killing me. Obviously there are more forgiving options in that area, but I feel like I am doing more than just getting by if that makes sense.

I'm with you man. In the end I think the combo could be absolutely perfect. But then I go out and I hit the 4-5-6 and hit them just fine, even when I miss I don't feel like in actual on course results that it is killing me. Obviously there are more forgiving options in that area, but I feel like I am doing more than just getting by if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense to me. My left and right misses are purely issues with my swing where I'm closing and opening the face and no iron is going to help with that. When I think of mishits though I don't feel like I get punished much more than I did with my Apex Pros.

I am having a hack of a fun time alternating between ICON and the PTx Pro. PTx Pro have gone out for two rounds this past week, next couple rounds will be back to the ICON's. The ICON are fun but the Recoil shafts in my PTx Pro are hard to put down.

These irons are def intriguing.

These irons are def intriguing.
They feel as good as anything I’ve hit. Miura, Mizuno, you name it.

And the price is silly.

I’m pretty fascinated that I’ve not lost but 3-4 yards in these from the Forged Tec, which lends credence to the fact that even though it makes some people flustered, I hit a more demanding iron way more solidly, more consistently, than I do GI designs. If I had an HMT for the GC2 or even a Quad, I could show efficiency but based on raw data, I’m way more efficient with these in hand. The things I have done lately with the 9i are just silly, and I hit them so HIGH so easy too.

Now that my swing is much better I can’t for my irons to get here, it’s going to be fun

Now that my swing is much better I can’t for my irons to get here, it’s going to be fun
Man, you’re going to have to readjust your distances from the Epic Forged beasts haha, but they’re so stinking pure.

We need to get together tonight and finalize a couple days, I need a getaway, NOW.

Back