Man, you’re going to have to readjust your distances from the Epic Forged beasts haha, but they’re so stinking pure.

We need to get together tonight and finalize a couple days, I need a getaway, NOW.

Maybe it's the position we are in as testers, but I felt pretty comfortable and had a decent idea on distances my first time out. Now if I had those rocketships Shinny was gaming, it might be more difficult. Plus he's old and stubborn.

But we are golf Gear freaks, @sposey013168 is just a freak ;)
Maybe it's the position we are in as testers, but I felt pretty comfortable and had a decent idea on distances my first time out. Now if I had those rocketships Shinny was gaming, it might be more difficult. Plus he's old and stubborn.

I’ve been away from this thread for too long but I’m kind of floored by the reactions - I expected a lot more lost distance and blade-like issues. Not seeing them though. Very, very intriguing

I’ve been away from this thread for too long but I’m kind of floored by the reactions - I expected a lot more lost distance and blade-like issues. Not seeing them though. Very, very intriguing
I'll be honest, I've been extremely surprised by what I've seen. I was afraid I'd be passing these along to a more capable THPer to do them more justice but I haven't felt that way. The long irons may be a little more demanding than what I would normally play but I still don't feel like I'm penalized that much more.

I'll be honest, I've been extremely surprised by what I've seen. I was afraid I'd be passing these along to a more capable THPer to do them more justice but I haven't felt that way. The long irons may be a little more demanding than what I would normally play but I still don't feel like I'm penalized that much more.
Just for my reference, where do long irons start with you? 6?

Just for my reference, where do long irons start with you? 6?

Dean, KEV, and I all have 4-P. Proper long iron territory. :cool:

Dean, KEV, and I all have 4-P. Proper long iron territory. :cool:
I'll be honest, during my tournaments Soo far I've been using a different brands utility club in place of the 4 iron. That one is still a bit intimidating for me to trust in big spots. Funny enough though when I've used it during league and casual rounds I haven't really had any issues with it.

Ultimately though I'll either get a UiHi for that spot or get a combo set to try out and compare. I just struggle pulling the trigger on the combo set when I've already got these beauties and they're performing so likely I'll go UiHi.

I'll be honest, during my tournaments Soo far I've been using a different brands utility club in place of the 4 iron. That one is still a bit intimidating for me to trust in big spots. Funny enough though when I've used it during league and casual rounds I haven't really had any issues with it.

Ultimately though I'll either get a UiHi for that spot or get a combo set to try out and compare. I just struggle pulling the trigger on the combo set when I've already got these beauties and they're performing so likely I'll go UiHi.

I like the 4 iron but if I was doing tournament play I'd have either a hybrid or a t400 in its place.

Love seeing all this feedback. And it is kind of backs up my opinion on MB's. They are a lot more playable than they get credit for in the lower end of the bag. No, they're not technically as forgiving. But, when you're hitting the center but the club face is open or closed, there's no iron that will make that shot go straight.

Good work guys!

Reactions: KEV
Love seeing all this feedback. And it is kind of backs up my opinion on MB's. They are a lot more playable than they get credit for in the lower end of the bag. No, they're not technically as forgiving. But, when you're hitting the center but the club face is open or closed, there's no iron that will make that shot go straight.

Good work guys!

yup that sums it up. They aren't unplayable by any means, and I'm probably playing off a 12 right now. And prior to this, I haven't played as much as a 5 iron in probably 5-6 years now. But here I am, playing these, well at times, and hitting long irons. I still think that the combo set might be the perfect setup for someone like me, but I'm still uber impressed by what I have been able to see with these.

😬

0A5853DE-F8B5-4D8D-B559-F3AC9E812522.jpeg

More and more awesome reviews and still I wait for a shipping notification...:confused: Just fyi to the others that have ordered in the last month, that turn around estimate isn't super accurate. 28 days in order confirmation email, site has said 29 days for a while now, today is day 32. :cry: I feel like it would be smarter to have an over-estimated delay notice. Nobody is going to complain if they get shipped a couple days early but I'm certainly starting to get a bit agitated now. I have 2 day shipping but at this point I'm feeling like it's going to be another weekend before I get to play these beauties. I've gotten more and more excited to lay hands on these. I just want my bleeping irons :LOL:

I’m hitting my P790 irons the best I’ve hit irons in a couple years but yet I’m stiff wanting to give these Icon a go.

That last pic I posted was a PW from 125. Anyone want to guess which ICON this was struck with? Hint: it’s a Par 3, and the very next hole (17th) after the above (16th)

D85C8ECC-6578-46DB-BE42-C29F3125EBE0.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m hitting my P790 irons the best I’ve hit irons in a couple years but yet I’m stiff wanting to give these Icon a go.
Waaaaaaay different beasts! Haha

I'll let someone else try. Buuut after judging your entire game from 2 pictures, I think maybe Top-Flite XL for you. Too much spin taking you further from the hole :ROFLMAO:

More and more awesome reviews and still I wait for a shipping notification...:confused: Just fyi to the others that have ordered in the last month, that turn around estimate isn't super accurate. 28 days in order confirmation email, site has said 29 days for a while now, today is day 32. :cry: I feel like it would be smarter to have an over-estimated delay notice. Nobody is going to complain if they get shipped a couple days early but I'm certainly starting to get a bit agitated now. I have 2 day shipping but at this point I'm feeling like it's going to be another weekend before I get to play these beauties. I've gotten more and more excited to lay hands on these. I just want my bleeping irons :LOL:
Oh no, still waiting on mine and I have 2 day shipping too.

That’s a 5i playing 194 to the front pin. 🧐

D8E6D2FD-E08A-4581-99D4-EF29F64333E2.jpeg24D13E18-45F5-487D-85D2-50EA35180FEC.jpeg

I’ve stopped balls cold on this hole before using other blades but never had one draw back 🤯

Back