Well mother nature tried to ruin the first day of the honeymoon. It popped up a thunderstorm right as I pulled in and was on and off rain the rest of the evening. I wasn't able to play the par 3 course but I was able to hit a bucket on the range. I will be back for the par 3 tomorrow most likely. Looking at the scorecard the distances are perfect for trying out most every club. As far as what I felt on the range... These clubs are amazing. Absolutely everything I was looking for. Size, shape over the ball is perfect for me. I thought they looked a bit big in some of the pictures I'd seen but they do not seem that way in person. Maybe slightly longer blade than the T-Zoid I had been playing but not much at all. Even with the range balls they feel amazing on good strikes. Can only think of a couple toe shots and they were not terrible on the hands, just knew I missed it. Slightly heeled shots for me consistently felt very similar to flush strikes with no penalty in distance. They were very easy for me to hit fades and draws with. The stock shot for me was pretty high with a tiny draw (less draw than Mizunos🤷‍♂️). Also was on mats due to the downpour so am still eager to get the feel for the v-sole. I was swinging really well today so we'll see how it goes on a not so well day. Overall I'm more than pleased with my purchase so far. I can not wait to hit a real golf ball with these and feel the real flush feeling. Hopefully tomorrow.

Glad you got out a little bit! On course you will appreciate even more. I agree with you they setup very nice, the blade length is not particularly long and if anything the shallow blade height and thin top line makes them the most aggressive of the blade sets I have, in a good way. Also agree that small heel side misses might as well be pure, especially if you pair that with a baby fade. That particular miss is the mother of power fades.

Good stuff so far! I'm really looking to hearing your on course experience also. I continue to fall in love with mine every time I hit the course.

Yah, me too. I've only been out on the course 3 times and at risk of sounding repetitive and beating this horse to death; I try to use all the clubs. The 4 iron is still a bit quirky, but if you pay it a little respect, it can reward you. I used it a couple times off the tee with good results. Out of deep rough....forgetaboudit!

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Range Session. Dirty.

01D3B541-57E3-49D1-8FF3-1F229F3D9759.jpeg

looks like you did not waste any real estate. (like me).

El hozel playability may have been tested. I plead the 5th. :cool:

That aside, I hit about a half bucket just playing around and varying distances and shapes with the PW. What fun.

El hozel playability may have been tested. I plead the 5th. :cool:

That aside, I hit about a half bucket just playing around and varying distances and shapes with the PW. What fun.
You're just testing out the whole face for discoid l scientific reasons, I can appreciate that 🤣.

You're just testing out the whole face for discoid l scientific reasons, I can appreciate that 🤣.

MOI and COR certified

• Haha

Sometimes you need a shot that goes dead right like a scalded goat :p

• Appreciation
And they found what our boys in here have long been talking about 👀

That said, I like the TXG crew, they’re not crazy like the Crosshiels loons, though they both swing like machines.

The TXG boys just reviewed the Icon's. Safe to say I'm getting a little desperate waiting for that shipping notification

I got a bit frustrated and impatient myself. Now that I have them, very much worth the wait. Still no actually course time as golf in my area is booming atm and hard to get on decent courses without it being planned several days in advance. I have been at the range the last 3 nights trying to get a feel. These may be the best irons I've ever hit. As others have stated, I find myself constantly thinking and lusting about the next chance to hit them all throughout the days 😂 Still very impressed with the consistency of the ball flight and distance. Whatever you do with the club is exactly what is about to happen to that ball. Also quite pleased at overall forgiveness. Feel like I can basically put it off the hosel without penalty. Higher than flush on the face also seems very playable. Last night was the first time I got to hit them off the grass. It honestly hurt me a bit to not be able to clean them after every shot 😂 Aside from that, V-Sole FTW! Also not to be overlooked, IMO these are the best looking irons in the bag and at address on the market! Still patiently awaiting course time with some ProV's.

And they found what our boys in here have long been talking about

That said, I like the TXG crew, they’re not crazy like the Crosshiels loons, though they both swing like machines.

I like them and their content most of the time. But damn their swings are so unrelatable to me.

Just checked out their review. I think what they said that I have not mentioned and struck home the most "they do not lack any pop". I would have to agree. I am hitting these a bit farther. They are 1° stronger throughout most of the set than the Mizunos but I'm getting a bit more out of them. The only part I would disagree with them about is they kept saying "if your looking to save a few hundred" or "budget". I would say if you are just looking for an outstandingly consistent iron. I personally would stack these against any of the "premium" brands.

As for the ICON’s

MAN they’re good. The consistency that a MB offers me in the scoring irons is flat out addicting. Misses are misses, but my number is SO much more consistent.

And the vsole is the greatest thing ever, as always.

They make the @Canadan machine look erratic :oops:
Matty boy, freaking drills the ball with a driver. It's unbelievable watching him annihilate balls in those driver tourney videos.

For those gaming the Tour-V shaft, are you guys liking the shaft? Happy as is or planning a reshaft?
This is one key element holding me back. I dont really have any experience with the tour V shaft and not sure I would like the X.

For those gaming the Tour-V shaft, are you guys liking the shaft? Happy as is or planning a reshaft?
This is one key element holding me back. I dont really have any experience with the tour V shaft and not sure I would like the X.

I'm actually happy with the shaft. If I were to change it would be to go back to graphite because of personal preference.

It’s a tremendous stew shaft and I hate it for that. It ALWAYS works well for me, and it’s the @Canadan favorite steel shaft ever too, and even though we make our speed very differently it works for both very well.

I hate it because it’s so good I can’t make myself put these onyx elevate X100’s in them, the numbers are just too good, and the feel is as only KBS can do in steel.

It’s a tremendous stew shaft and I hate it for that. It ALWAYS works well for me, and it’s the @Canadan favorite steel shaft ever too, and even though we make our speed very differently it works for both very well.

I hate it because it’s so good I can’t make myself put these onyx elevate X100’s in them, the numbers are just too good, and the feel is as only KBS can do in steel.
I’m currently playing Ctaper S+ in my T100s. Any thoughts on me going stiff vs X? Tempted to go stiff. Maybe I should order some demos to be sure.

I’m currently playing Ctaper S+ in my T100s. Any thoughts on me going stiff vs X? Tempted to go stiff. Maybe I should order some demos to be sure.
Ctaper play stiff to flex, and were designed to, these play true to flex.

I also am really enjoying the Tour V 110 so far. Very nice no complaints.

I've enjoyed the heck out of that shaft in my set. I haven't had one thought that I need to change. For some reason it just seems to work for me.

I've enjoyed the heck out of that shaft in my set. I haven't had one thought that I need to change. For some reason it just seems to work for me.
Yeah, it’s just a super good pairing.

I’m sure I’ll change them at some point and it’ll never be the same 😭

Back