Hoganman1

Reaction score
Well my last post got zero responses, so I'm trying again. Does anyone out there play Ben Hogan irons? I'm referring to the new incarnation of the brand. My last set was the Apex Edge Pros over nearly two decades ago when Spalding and then Callaway owned the brand. Before those I played Hogan Apex blades. I switched to Mizunos JBX forged six years ago, but I've been tempted to try the Hogans again since The Ben Hogan Company came back with their online business. The set I'm looking at is the Edge EX. They're brand new and I'm hoping to get a demo iron next month. Obviously. no one has tried the EX as yet, I'm just curious if anyone on the forum has tried or is currently playing one of their other model of irons.

I have been playing the black ptx pros since December. I really like them, but at times I feel like I have no business swinging them 🤣

Well my last post got zero responses, so I'm trying again. Does anyone out there play Ben Hogan irons? I'm referring to the new incarnation of the brand. My last set was the Apex Edge Pros over nearly two decades ago when Spalding and then Callaway owned the brand. Before those I played Hogan Apex blades. I switched to Mizunos JBX forged six years ago, but I've been tempted to try the Hogans again since The Ben Hogan Company came back with their online business. The set I'm looking at is the Edge EX. They're brand new and I'm hoping to get a demo iron next month. Obviously. no one has tried the EX as yet, I'm just curious if anyone on the forum has tried or is currently playing one of their other model of irons.
I played the Ben Hogan PTx Pros & Equalizer wedges at one point, both great offers...

I have been playing Hogan irons for the last 3 years. Original PTx and now PTx Pro. The Apex Edge Pro was the last Hogan iron set I played (until about 8 or 9 years ago) until going back all in on the brand. Have been playing the Equalizer wedges as long as the PTx irons and have been gaming the driver for about 2 years. Just finished reshafting the GS53 fairway woods today so time will tell if they beat out what is in my signature.

Players Combo in black in my bag and love them, just wish I could play more with them

The original PTx irons and Equalizer wedges were great for me. I think you will be very pleased with the new offering.

I have the PTX Pros and Equalizer wedges in black. They're a great iron, even if I've wondered if I'm a bit out of my league with them at times. When I'm on they're incredible. I participated in the most recent Hogan event through THP and got to hit the EX on the range. I can't say much based off the few swings I got but I was very impressed.

Thanks! I knew there had to be some Hogan players out there. The guy with whom I chatted on their site said the demos would be available in June. Maybe I'll wait, but part of me wants to go ahead and order a set. I've been playing steel shafts. However, I'm thinking the Recoil shafts might be better for me since I'm 71.

I have the PTx Pros and Equalizer wedges. The irons are very good and the wedges are criminally underrated.

I have PTx Pro's, they are a fantastic iron set. I also had Icons last season and they were awesome too. Ditto for Equalizer wedges. Ben Hogan is putting out some very good stuff.

I love my PTx Pros. When I saw the Edge EX in hand they were very nice. Definitely an iron I’ll be considering when it’s time to get a new set.

The Equalizer wedges are the most underrated wedges on the market... So good.

Love my combo set I got last year through THP/Hogan/UST event. The graphite recoils are great shafts too , I will never go back to steel

The PTx Pros and Equalizer wedges have been really well liked in this forum based upon in hand reviews. For my money, they are about the best value you can find.

Thanks! I knew there had to be some Hogan players out there. The guy with whom I chatted on their site said the demos would be available in June. Maybe I'll wait, but part of me wants to go ahead and order a set. I've been playing steel shafts. However, I'm thinking the Recoil shafts might be better for me since I'm 71.

I have the Recoil shafts in both sets of irons and wedges I have and really like them. I am 15 years younger than you but switched to all graphite about 6.5 years ago and will never go back to steel.

Another vote for thd wedges and Recoils. I have them in myIrons And wedges. I’m a graphite for live convert.

Well guys, I just ordered a set. Ben Hogan Golf sent me an email offering a 10% discount, free shipping, a Sunday bag, a BH towel and a repair tool. What a Memorial Day deal. If they are even close to as good as all the reviews I've read here an elsewhere, I won't be disappointed. It's going to be great to have a set of Hogans back in my bag. I hope they get here soon.

Me too!!:oops::oops::oops:

Got the combo set last November. The Icons are awesome. Buttery soft. Wish I would have gotten all Icons. The PTX pros (5-7) are taking a while getting used to but I'm getting there. It's a mental thing.
I got them with the Recoil Es F4 shafts and already swapped them out and put my Recoil 110 F5 shafts in for a better penetrating flight.

If anyone has Icon 5,6,7 heads they want to trade for my PTX pro 5,6,7 heads let me know.

I just got the email that my Edge EX irons and 50* Wedge have shipped. Tracking says they'll arrive on Sunday. This is perfect as I'm heading to Florida on Thursday and will play a lot while I'm there. I hope all of you that ordered on Memorial Day like me will get your set soon.
Enjoy the US Open and Happy Father's Day to all you dads.

Heeeeeyyyy yoooouuuu guuuuyyysss….

82EAB1A2-6A32-466A-AF0F-D6DB10EC735F.jpeg

Back