I have been playing the black ptx pros since December. I really like them, but at times I feel like I have no business swinging them 🤣

I 100% echo this. They are sweet, but I have to not suck a little to get max results. Someday….

Wow J.B. That's a great photo of you. I didn't realize you wrestled in addition to playing golf. (just kidding! hope you have a sense of humor)

Wow J.B. That's a great photo of you. I didn't realize you wrestled in addition to playing golf. (just kidding! hope you have a sense of humor)

Nah. I don’t think that’s him. There may be some hair discrepancies. 🤣

First set of irons I bought were Hogan Edge. I saw 3, yes 3, sets of them on the shelf at Play it Again today. Tempted to “play them again” but always wanted Apex, so holding out.

With the weaker, more traditional lofts, how are you guys finding distances compare to what you were playing before? I'm so tempted to get the PTx Pros but they are as much as 3 to 3.5° weaker than the Apex 19 I am playing.

With the weaker, more traditional lofts, how are you guys finding distances compare to what you were playing before? I'm so tempted to get the PTx Pros but they are as much as 3 to 3.5° weaker than the Apex 19 I am playing.
Coming from Burner 2.0 I'm about club and a half shorter but I'm hoping to get that half club back now that I'm moving away from the marshmello balls I've been playing this year lol.

I play the PTX pros, Equalizer wedges and hybrids courtesy of the 2019 Ben Hogan event. They are really good, quality clubs that are competitive with current offerings. IMO, the “v” sole of the PTX pros is their strength-very good turf interaction. The feel is soft, the sound is crisp. Not quite as muted as a say a forged Mizuno.

Truth be told, I don’t play them exclusively. I rotate between these, Mizuno MP25 and MP4. There’s a different feel between each and I enjoy them for different reasons. However I will say, every single time I rotate back to the Hogans, my first thought is- these are so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update- Got back from the course this evening and had a email that my PTX pros, wedges, and Hybrid are shipped! Estimated arrival is Sunday evening. Of course the weather forecast here is for a good chance of rain through next Thursday.:cry::cry: So it looks like their lead times may be improving. I ordered on 5/31 and should receive on 6/27, not quite the the 4 to 6 weeks they quoted me.

Mine got here today!!! Now here is my problem. Tonight is a position round in my 9 hole league, do I put them in the bag or play my current clubs tonight? Would like to slip out of work early for range time, but with it being the last day of the month guessing it won't happen :cautious:

I received my demo clubs last Friday, Icon 7i w/ Recoil F3 and PTx Pro 7i w/ KBS Tour 90 R. Took them to the range and fully expected them to be at least a club shorter than my Apex, and they were due to the weaker lofts. I hit both a ton of times and there was no "wow" factor in terms of feel or ball fight, forgetting all about the distance. I've got about another 10 days to demo them, which I'll do, but at this point I'm inclined to stick with what I have.

I received my demo clubs last Friday, Icon 7i w/ Recoil F3 and PTx Pro 7i w/ KBS Tour 90 R. Took them to the range and fully expected them to be at least a club shorter than my Apex, and they were due to the weaker lofts. I hit both a ton of times and there was no "wow" factor in terms of feel or ball fight, forgetting all about the distance. I've got about another 10 days to demo them, which I'll do, but at this point I'm inclined to stick with what I have.
Nothing wrong with making sure your "Bagging the right clubs" Trust but Verify!

I'd like to see you demo the Apex 21's and compare to your 19's to see if its a worthy upgrade, especially with the amount of golf you play. 😀

I'd like to see you demo the Apex 21's and compare to your 19's to see if its a worthy upgrade, especially with the amount of golf you play. 😀
One of the reasons I was looking at the Hogan irons is that for the same number of clubs, 4-PW plus gap wedge, same shaft, would save me about $700 over the cost of the Apex 21s! I can't make up that difference even by trading in my 19s. Back when I was working the cost of clubs wasn't a factor, I got what I wanted, but being retired and with the way the cost of everything is going up cost is becoming a major factor.

I'm really happy with my Hogan Edge EX irons. So much so I ordered a 56* Equilizer wedge yesterday to match the 50* I bought with my original order.
Also, I got the email this morning announcing free shipping over the 4th weekend. I emailed to see if I could get free shipping even though I ordered yesterday. They just issued a credit to my card. What a great company!

I have the opportunity to pick up a set of Apex 50 irons (3-9i) in the limited edition version (1953 sets made). They do not come with the original plaque and might have actually been gamed once or twice - but they look immaculate and I cannot see they have been used. He will also give me a standard Apex 50 (2i) that is brand new. What do you think I should be paying for a set of these? And should I game them or try and flip them if I get a good price (high-handicapper). 1690880399020.png

These are classics. As you might have guessed, I'm a big fan of Hogan equipment. I actually play Hogan Edge EX irons now. They were introduced two years ago right before the company shut down. The Apex 50s were designed for elite players and are forged blades. They're beautiful but are not very forgiving. I played Hogan blades years ago and still have a set. However, my 73 year old swing probably couldn't get them airborne. If I were you I would put these beauties in a shadow box and display them in my den.

These are classics. As you might have guessed, I'm a big fan of Hogan equipment. I actually play Hogan Edge EX irons now. They were introduced two years ago right before the company shut down. The Apex 50s were designed for elite players and are forged blades. They're beautiful but are not very forgiving. I played Hogan blades years ago and still have a set. However, my 73 year old swing probably couldn't get them airborne. If I were you I would put these beauties in a shadow box and display them in my den.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same. What model/version do you think the 2i is?

It looks like an Apex Edge Pro model. I have a set of those as well as the Apex blades and the afore mentioned Edge EX irons.

There is also a lovely set of Apex Edge Pro's for sale near me and I will have a look at them tomorrow as maybe they are better for my game.

Attachments

• 232_1891449705.jpg
    232_1891449705.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 232_421633141.jpg
    232_421633141.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 232_1618314650.jpg
    232_1618314650.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
Back