Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

According to Kevin Na and part of the internet I shouldn’t be playing the 8-PW in these....

But I think I’m going to keep on playing the practically ideal numbers for me, I’ll just make that sacrifice willingly :ROFLMAO:
I’m so torn on what to think about the ICON‘s. Maybe this is a better conversion for the ICON thread but I feel like I shouldn’t be able to play them well and that I should be seeing significant issues on bad shots but I just don’t feel like I’m penalized much more than other irons I’ve played. I’m so surprised by it.

I’m so torn on what to think about the ICON‘s. Maybe this is a better conversion for the ICON thread but I feel like I shouldn’t be able to play them well and that I should be seeing significant issues on bad shots but I just don’t feel like I’m penalized much more than other irons I’ve played. I’m so surprised by it.
I’m trying to find words to talk about them in that regard. They’re bottom line still MB Designs, but something about the balance with the Vsole is just making the playability through the roof for me.

My level of confidence and happiness with these in the bag is pretty amazing.

Bought on a whim and as a “well I’ll just move them on when I’m done” purchase, and instead have rocked my world and reminded me I’m a more than capable ball striker.

I’m trying to find words to talk about them in that regard. They’re bottom line still MB Designs, but something about the balance with the Vsole is just making the playability through the roof for me.

Did you hit the ICON long/mid irons? The 6 was scary how easy it was to hit?

Did you hit the ICON long/mid irons? The 6 was scary how easy it was to hit?

I didn’t, purchased the combo set right out of the gates. The Pro’s flow seamlessly into the ICONS at that 7/8 split

Definitely interested to see your reaction to the clubs with the new shafts. I hope you give us a post round update.

The most all around happy I’ve been with a set of irons in a long time.

Im still amazed at how not only the feel flows in the transition spot, but how I don’t have a gap between the 7 Pro and the 8 ICON.

I also am still enamored with the way I can manipulate the MB’s. Sheer scoring fun.

Oooh. Lovely.
In my golfing youth I narrowed it down to two sets at the time. Pings and Hogans.
Always wondered what the outcome had been had I gone the other way. 🤔

Oooh. Lovely.
In my golfing youth I narrowed it down to two sets at the time. Pings and Hogans.
Always wondered what the outcome had been had I gone the other way. 🤔
It's time to experience the Hogan life!

Gdamn i need my shipping notification. Its been over 30 days.

Gdamn i need my shipping notification. Its been over 30 days.
It’s worth the wait. I truly mean that. I’ve even considered ordering another set both to hoard, and to send in a s have the plating removed.

Just ordered the demos to try out. Pros and Icons Tour V in X.

The most all around happy I’ve been with a set of irons in a long time.

Im still amazed at how not only the feel flows in the transition spot, but how I don’t have a gap between the 7 Pro and the 8 ICON.

I also am still enamored with the way I can manipulate the MB’s. Sheer scoring fun.

The combo set really blends the best of best, the PTx Pro are just as much the star of the show as the ICON's. The PTx Pro are all around so solid and plush and easy to use, then adding in that extra agility and precision of the ICON short irons really finished off the package. I'm playing all kinds of feel shots with the ICON short irons, treating the 8i and 9i almost like wedges and picking off flags. I'm playing each full set on their own respectively so far, but there is no question as to just how well these blend together as a combo set.

It’s worth the wait. I truly mean that. I’ve even considered ordering another set both to hoard, and to send in a s have the plating removed.

These sound so fun.

These sound so fun.
They’re a blast. You know how I talked about my Apex Combos, and you saw what I did with them. These aren’t as forgiving, but I’m now more precise with a higher and more predictable flight as well as one I can manipulate more.

Im so happy with these it’s absurd. And at 700 bucks with the discount code? Wow

Hows the offset on the PTx Pros?

They’re a blast. You know how I talked about my Apex Combos, and you saw what I did with them. These aren’t as forgiving, but I’m now more precise with a higher and more predictable flight as well as one I can manipulate more.

Im so happy with these it’s absurd. And at 700 bucks with the discount code? Wow

Well, it says a lot, as you mention, that you like them better than the Apex Combos. Those were so good for you. I actually have had a set of these in the cart a couple of times, but then I think that I just don’t generate the club speed necessary to optimize a profile like this.

Well, it says a lot, as you mention, that you like them better than the Apex Combos. Those were so good for you. I actually have had a set of these in the cart a couple of times, but then I think that I just don’t generate the club speed necessary to optimize a profile like this.
And I’d say you’re crazy, you make plenty of speed you sandbagger!:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, @ddec isn’t the hardest swinger and he’s loving what the ICON’s are offering, and no that isn’t a dig on Dean. :ROFLMAO:

And I’d say you’re crazy, you make plenty of speed you sandbagger!:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, @ddec isn’t the hardest swinger and he’s loving what the ICON’s are offering, and no that isn’t a dig on Dean. :ROFLMAO:

Truth. My driver ss fluctuates between 92-102. I'm not crazy fast. These things are still giving me good distance, good height, and tremendous feel. Am I giving up some distance from my Apex combo, absolutely. But I like what I have in the icons.

I finally got my shipping email from BH!

Reactions: KEV
Back