Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

I ordered on May 31. Got a tracking number today but just says ready for shipment.
Yeeeeeah! I can’t wait for them to flat out shock you.

The demos I ordered have shipped. Here on Friday. Although, I prob shouldn't be looking at new irons given my hole in uno this past weekend. 🤦‍♂️

The demos I ordered have shipped. Here on Friday. Although, I prob shouldn't be looking at new irons given my hole in uno this past weekend. 🤦‍♂️
Eh. I got mine with the Forged Tec and moved on from them. :ROFLMAO:

Eh. I got mine with the Forged Tec and moved on from them. :ROFLMAO:

It’s like having the best date ever with a woman and then ghosting her. :oops::LOL:

Yeeeeeah! I can’t wait for them to flat out shock you.

If i stare at the tracking page does it come quicker?

I adore having witnesses to what I’ve been saying about my time with these.

Im hard pressed to remember an iron setup I’ve been this confident in, nor one I’m more willing to hit golf shots with instead of just max numbers. They’re obscene for a 700 set of irons, and more than deserving to have the Hogan name on them.

I want to change the shafts and grips, but performance won’t let me right now. It’s just too dang good.

Im hard pressed to remember an iron setup I’ve been this confident in, nor one I’m more willing to hit golf shots with instead of just max numbers. They’re obscene for a 700 set of irons, and more than deserving to have the Hogan name on them.

I want to change the shafts and grips, but performance won’t let me right now. It’s just too dang good.
In my humble opinion (whatever that's good for) I think changing the grips to the GP Tour Velvet Cords that you love wouldn't hinder any performance issues and I say go for it. Shafts on the other hand might bring a whole new monster. But again, I'm not anywhere near a gear head as you are. I say play them until it's time to regrip, then possibly re-shaft one and put it on your launch monitor. If you like it, go with the rest.

James, if you posted this and I missed it, I apologize. I sometimes think I am going senile. Could you post the numbers of the 7 iron in this set and your Forged Tec 7 iron? Thanks, much.

James, if you posted this and I missed it, I apologize. I sometimes think I am going senile. Could you post the numbers of the 7 iron in this set and your Forged Tec 7 iron? Thanks, much.
I’ve not done it, I sold the Tec’s when these took over. They’re different beasts though, spin here in my 7 is about 6800 with 175 carry, I believe the Tec was 5700-5900 and 185 for me in the 7.

I’ve not done it, I sold the Tec’s when these took over. They’re different beasts though, spin here in my 7 is about 6800 with 175 carry, I believe the Tec was 5700-5900 and 185 for me in the 7.

Thanks. I knew you sold the FTs, but figured you would remember the respective numbers. That is what I was figuring, about a 10 yard difference in carry. I would love to give these a whirl. The Forged Tecs have been so good to me, though.

Thanks. I knew you sold the FTs, but figured you would remember the respective numbers. That is what I was figuring, about a 10 yard difference in carry. I would love to give these a whirl. The Forged Tecs have been so good to me, though.
The best thing about these, for me, is the consistency in the miss distance wise. When I miss, I know my distance number isn’t going to see a huge jump because of a variety of things, I also know it’s not going to drop off all that much. I’m now getting distance consistency which has really let me take my iron play somewhere it’s not been in a long time.

Are you having a hard time pulling the TourVs for the elevates? Getting delivery of these bad boys today. But last week I was hovering over a cart for the black Elevates but didn't pull the trigger.

Are you having a hard time pulling the TourVs for the elevates? Getting delivery of these bad boys today. But last week I was hovering over a cart for the black Elevates but didn't pull the trigger.
The performance with the V’s for me is, well, perfect. So pulling them is increasingly difficult. It may happen for a set of Rapid Tapers, but I also have a set of black elevate x100’s sitting.

Oh baby!! Tomorrow is going to be a fun round!

9c212de1cb2004ed746cae57e9669bd7.jpg

The best thing about these, for me, is the consistency in the miss distance wise. When I miss, I know my distance number isn’t going to see a huge jump because of a variety of things, I also know it’s not going to drop off all that much. I’m now getting distance consistency which has really let me take my iron play somewhere it’s not been in a long time.

That is one thing I am noticing with the Forged Tecs. The north/south dispersion is there for sure.

Got the demos today and ran to the range...

F2D6928D-F6EC-4CF5-830A-2B654772DC62.jpeg
27D52617-6BCF-4100-904D-512CE2D4A357.jpeg249832A6-730C-45DD-80CD-55678625C387.jpeg90EC60BF-9750-4AB2-9A14-B989B0939DB3.jpeg85A06E8A-68F8-4F94-BC2A-74CAEA27F8E5.jpegFAB54ACD-5564-403D-9574-14A5FD480F61.jpeg37BA2C6C-4581-4A64-BED7-BDFF90AC088B.jpeg

One more for good measure (plus the MD5 raw wedges)

d28ec881dcfc88e3d3e26d0183968d82.jpg

Comparison photos are of the Icon to my T100S irons.

Thoughts from the range, in no particular order:
1. Don’t like the hogan grips. At all.
2. The Icon irons are pretty easy on the eyes both in the bag and at address. I prefer a smidge of a rounded leading edge to the very sharp/straight 9
3. PtX Pro Irons - do not care for the look at address. Thicker top line and more offset than my eye likes to see these days. This is likely do to my T100S irons have such small heads and the bit weaker lofts I bent them to give them nearly no offset. I’m so used to the look now.
4. Tour V X. Odd feeling. Light weight but very rigid feeling. IMHO, my Ctapers felt more smotth after jumping back and forth. Again, I quite used to the CTapers so.
5. Will bring the icons on course and see how the go.

If I went ahead with a set based on what I saw at the range, I’d go all in on the Icons for sure.
But these would be a back up set for me and I’d prefer another shaft option, grip option. I completely get why it doesnt work that way in this business model though.

Nice clubs no doubt.

Comparison photos are of the Icon to my T100S irons.

Thoughts from the range, in no particular order:
1. Don’t like the hogan grips. At all.
2. The Icon irons are pretty easy on the eyes both in the bag and at address. I prefer a smidge of a rounded leading edge to the very sharp/straight 9
3. PtX Pro Irons - do not care for the look at address. Thicker top line and more offset than my eye likes to see these days. This is likely do to my T100S irons have such small heads and the bit weaker lofts I bent them to give them nearly no offset. I’m so used to the look now.
4. Tour V X. Odd feeling. Light weight but very rigid feeling. IMHO, my Ctapers felt more smotth after jumping back and forth. Again, I quite used to the CTapers so.
5. Will bring the icons on course and see how the go.

If I went ahead with a set based on what I saw at the range, I’d go all in on the Icons for sure.
But these would be a back up set for me and I’d prefer another shaft option, grip option. I completely get why it doesnt work that way in this business model though.

Nice clubs no doubt.
Ctaper and smooth have never been uttered in the same sentence in the history of mankind. Ever. :oops:

Look what showed up today. Can’t wait to get them in the course tomorrow.
They look and feel amazing

Attachments

• 48D1CDF3-3CAF-41D1-BE7B-9327559BD070.jpeg
    48D1CDF3-3CAF-41D1-BE7B-9327559BD070.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 68939B33-8FA4-40F8-BECD-499F642B90D9.jpeg
    68939B33-8FA4-40F8-BECD-499F642B90D9.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 26
Ctaper and smooth have never been uttered in the same sentence in the history of mankind. Ever. :oops:
I have a few words to describe my days with C Tapers and smooth was not one of the words

Back