Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

Ctaper and smooth have never been uttered in the same sentence in the history of mankind. Ever. :oops:
Let me clarify perhaps - it feels more natural and familiar. So yeah, easier in that regard.
There is more of a linear flow to the shaft to me. The Tour V just feels rigid in the butt and mid section. Not my cup of tea I think. Certainly I could train myself to like it, like anything in this crazy game. They seem somewhat similar to the modus 130 to me.

Let me clarify perhaps - it feels more natural and familiar. So yeah, easier in that regard.
There is more of a linear flow to the shaft to me. The Tour V just feels rigid in the butt and mid section. Not my cup of tea I think. Certainly I could train myself to like it, like anything in this crazy game. They seem somewhat similar to the modus 130 to me.
Definitely gotta be a comfort thing. The Ctaper is one of the most butt to tip rigid designs on the planet, was designed to be a spin killer, KBS name, none of the KBS feel :ROFLMAO:

Fits are fits though.

Definitely gotta be a comfort thing. The Ctaper is one of the most butt to tip rigid designs on the planet, was designed to be a spin killer, KBS name, none of the KBS feel :ROFLMAO:

Fits are fits though.
Agreed.

At any rate, I did hit some beauties with the irons/tour V setup. Hogan really did a nice job on the irons. Looking forward to hitting some on course to get a feel for the sole interaction etc..

Hogan just said on Twitter I might have the only black combo set in existence, how effing cool
is that

Look what showed up today. Can’t wait to get them in the course tomorrow.
They look and feel amazing

well not that is just freaking awesome.

What shafts did you get? I got recoil 780 F4

I got tour-v stiff hard stepped once. Wanted to try a lighter steel shaft in these. If it doesnt work out I might put some AMTs or Elevates in them.

I got tour-v stiff hard stepped once. Wanted to try a lighter steel shaft in these. If it doesnt work out I might put some AMTs or Elevates in them.
That’s a mans shaft 😈🤠

240. Yard. 4. Iron.

• Mind Blown
Reactions: KEV
Hogan just said on Twitter I might have the only black combo set in existence, how effing cool
is that

That is pretty darn amazing, only on THP! Stoked that you have these in hand now wishing you some great rounds of golf.

You can order them hard or soft stepped? Or did you re-shaft them yourself?

One other interesting tid bit compared to my T100S irons. The standard length in these are identical in lengh to my T100s at 1/4" long.

You can order them hard or soft stepped? Or did you re-shaft them yourself?

I contacted them once I put the order in and asked to hard step it. I think when you order you can also put specs in the notes section.

I contacted them once I put the order in and asked to hard step it. I think when you order you can also put specs in the notes section.
Just curious....but did your packing list on receipt actually say they were hard stepped? I only ask because they appear to be a but slow on deliveries and they may cut corners on details like that?

Just curious....but did your packing list on receipt actually say they were hard stepped? I only ask because they appear to be a but slow on deliveries and they may cut corners on details like that?

I originally order TourV Xstiff which is what was printed on the packing slip but they hand wrote “Tour V stiff hard step” . Label on my shaft is stiff.

I don’t know the order in which they build (shaft prep then grip then head? Which is what i hear is the order most production lines build to save time. May be wrong here) but the red label seems to be lower on the shaft than normal

I get why the business model does not permit it, but if these were offered with a really good, heavier graphite shaft, such as Recoil 95/110 or SteelFiber i95, I think I would purchase a set as a backup. I can’t justify buying them and then immediately turning around and spending the money for new, high end shafts.

I originally order TourV Xstiff which is what was printed on the packing slip but they hand wrote “Tour V stiff hard step” . Label on my shaft is stiff.

I don’t know the order in which they build (shaft prep then grip then head? Which is what i hear is the order most production lines build to save time. May be wrong here) but the red label seems to be lower on the shaft than normal
Very cool. Good to know they offer the option there.

Just some initial first round thoughts with the combo set (PTx Pro 4-7, Icon 8-P)

I may be stating the obvious here but these irons are PREMIUM. They feel and look awesome, especially at $700.

PTx Pro - For me, this is where this set shines. These are some serious distance irons but extremely playable/workable. They have a lot of pop to them. But by no means do I mean spongey or anything like that. They feel crisp off the face. I have hit some shots I have never hit before on my course. These are about 1/2 to 1 club longer than my Miura's.
Some shots that made me all giggly -
4 iron tee shot right around 240 yards. I was hitting a gap wedge into the short par 4.
6 iron to 185yard par 3, pin high, stopped on a dime.
5 iron approach 201yards, high draw to a tucked back pin.

Icon - traditional blades with some crazy forgiveness. Really not much else to say here except I'm not penalized heavily on mishits. Look and feel like any other blade I've played (and I have spent a ridiculous amount of $ on sets, buying, selling, trading)

Some other thoughts
Tour V stiff (hardstepped 1x) work well. It shouldn't for me, but it does. They feel tight and well balanced. Butt and mid section feel firm. I surprisingly like this shaft. I might be spinning them a little more than I want but that's ok.
I want to get the loft and lies checked. The 4 and 5 iron are a little longer than "standard". Noticed I was drawing them a little too much. Might need to flatten them out a degree or 2.
Grips are just Z5s. No real opinion on them. They work. But they'll probably get replaced.

Just hit the beat 5 iron I have hit in 10 years, just saying

Back