Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

I’m going to drop a **** ton of data in here this weekend 👀

@Jman you have lived with both sets of PTx Pros and the Combo set. I cant get the DBM in the combo set.... i do have reservations that the Icons might be a touch racy. They do have the v sole that helps my digger ways. Like all guys even though im single digit I could use the help at times. Do I just go all PTx Pro or be a man and do the chrome combo set.
I dont know who else has played long term with both sets....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Won both matches today and the Hogan’s performed great. Hit a couple of 8 irons really thin and they still landed on the green. Are the icons as forgiving as the epic forged were, of course not, but they are more consistent and much more fun. Singles match tomorrow so I hope the Hogan’s keep performing well

I'm a Hogan groupie and really want to pull the trigger. Those playing, how'd you get fit (not a THP event win)?

I'm a Hogan groupie and really want to pull the trigger. Those playing, how'd you get fit (not a THP event win)?
Know my specs, know what works shaft wise, but I’ve been doing this a few years :ROFLMAO:

@Jman you have lived with both sets of PTx Pros and the Combo set. I cant get the DBM in the combo set.... i do have reservations that the Icons might be a touch racy. They do have the v sole that helps my digger ways. Like all guys even though im single digit I could use the help at times. Do I just go all PTx Pro or be a man and do the chrome combo set.
I dont know who else has played long term with both sets....

It’s all about what you want. The PTx Pro through the set won’t leave you wanting in the scoring irons. The ICON’s though will let you do a lot more working.

I’m Going to put up some club by club data soon to show gaps which should put some minds at ease as well

It’s all about what you want. The PTx Pro through the set won’t leave you wanting in the scoring irons. The ICON’s though will let you do a lot more working.

I’m Going to put up some club by club data soon to show gaps which should put some minds at ease as well
That statement of not being left wanting is just what I needed to hear. Due to low quantities the combo black wasn't going to happen so I had to go with all PTx Pro. But having the rapid tapers in them will make them wildly entertaining.
Super excited about this set.

#Tease

I did these 4-PW, will put the whole set up tomorrow as I have a club release to finish up tonight. Could make for some fun convo though...I hope.

PW Data Set.png

#Tease

I did these 4-PW, will put the whole set up tomorrow as I have a club release to finish up tonight. Could make for some fun convo though...I hope.

View attachment 8958291
Please let me feel better about my own swing... and say that you deleted some skanky shots....
The consistency in those numbers are unreal.
I look at my share of graphs and the side shots being painted one after another in the same spot is truly, truly impressive.

Won my singles match today 5 and 3. The Hogan’s carried me all day. They are best combo set I have ever owned. The Icon 8 iron was my money club today.

these almost look raw. Man, if hogan came out with a set of raw blades... I just don’t think I could contain it.
KP's are raw. They're killer.

kp’s?

these almost look raw. Man, if hogan came out with a set of raw blades... I just don’t think I could contain it.
When I saw this, I couldn’t believe someone would do that to these clubs!:oops: I’m not a raw/rusted fan! I believe he stripped the finish off with a vinegar treatment.:sick:

When I saw this, I couldn’t believe someone would do that to these clubs!:oops: I’m not a raw/rusted fan! I believe he stripped the finish off with a vinegar treatment.:sick:
I think they look great!!

Kevin Paule. hes an instructor near me in the Bay Area. instagram handle is kp_golf86. he stripped the black off the icons using vinegar method.

Kevin Paule. hes an instructor near me in the Bay Area. instagram handle is kp_golf86. he stripped the black off the icons using vinegar method.

gotcha. Thanks

I like this look on wedges but not on the icons, the black is money

so knowing this combo set exists basically is stopping me from getting any other new irons.

I was really impressed with the photos of the new TMs and Mizunos always get me me excited, but just knowing that this awesome set exists has stopped me from doing any preorders.

If the Icons had a Gap Wedge I think I would of hit order already by now.

so knowing this combo set exists basically is stopping me from getting any other new irons.

I was really impressed with the photos of the new TMs and Mizunos always get me me excited, but just knowing that this awesome set exists has stopped me from doing any preorders.

I don’t know if any blade sets that have a gap wedge.
I use my MD5 50 as my gap wedge

I’ve been trying to talk @BHGtylerb into bringing out set matching gap wedges for over a year now!

I’ve been trying to talk @BHGtylerb into bringing out set matching gap wedges for over a year now!
Why? With these being traditional loft a Gap is not needed. On clubs with a 42 degree PW that’s where a gap is needed.

I don’t know if any blade sets that have a gap wedge.
I use my MD5 50 as my gap wedge

My current cobra MBs have a gap wedge and the Callaway Apex MB has an A wedge. Definitely not the norm.

Its probably not needed. Really just the smallest nitpick. Besides there is the solid equalizer wedge available.

My current cobra MBs have a gap wedge and the Callaway Apex MB has an A wedge. Definitely not the norm.

Its probably not needed. Really just the smallest nitpick. Besides there is the solid equalizer wedge available.

i understand aesthetically why a gap would be good but for traditional lofts I just dont think it’s needed but that’s just me

i understand aesthetically why a gap would be good but for traditional lofts I just dont think it’s needed but that’s just me

I just wish there were some more options that fit the smaller MBs in that slot. I think the old t7s could fit there no problem. Just shocking to see the SM8s look so big next to my pitching wedge.

Back