Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

Since Hogan announced it I'm not worried about saying where I got the Icons from. I was afraid that it would get blown up as Hogan was so against single club sales.
Fairway Jockey went into agreement to make builds through the internet. You can order pretty much any shaft combination and specs. I ordered tha absolute bare minimum as ill put Rapid Tapers in immediately.
Now you guys can order any sort of combo you want.
You cannot order heads only and the clubs must be assembled by Fairway Jockey.
I got away with 130/ club with a Dynamic Gold s 300, no grip. 8,9,PW about 10 days out on the build.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

What shafts did you get?
Actually, i am not 100% done, my fitter is building 2 test irons to take to the course for the final test before I decide.
But the Ben Hogan customer service might just have put the delivery of my set on hold for an unknown period, sucks to live in Europe and want to play BH products, very close to buying something else :(

The light at the end of the tunnel i now visible hopefully my fitter will get the heads next week
That is great news

That is great news
Indeed - then i can test the shafts i need, it is either stiff or regular DG TI S of R 300, i hit them the same distance but dispersion seemed better with R flex than the stiff on the simulator.

For Hogan fans, a little teaser of THP Holiday Cheer.

We will be giving away a set of these combo irons, with UST Mamiya Recoil Proto 95 CUSTOM shafts in which the shafts are only ONE of TEN ever done.

For Hogan fans, a little teaser of THP Holiday Cheer.

We will be giving away a set of these combo irons, with UST Mamiya Recoil Proto 95 CUSTOM shafts in which the shafts are only ONE of TEN ever done.
I have no issue with having 2 Hogan combo sets 😈😈
Someone is going to have a great Holiday with this gift

I am 4 months into my Hogan’s. I still love them.
This a bit of a recap of what I have said before in this thread but want to give my 4 month recap. My previous sets were Epic Forged and PXG XP both delofted missile launchers. The Hogan’s about one club shorter (which they should be) I hit 7 iron in average 160 with the EF I am around 150 with the Hogan’s. The thing I love is I know where my miss is by the feedback with these. I did not get that with EF and XP. I also know with these a well struck 7 iron is going 150, with the EF and XP it might be 160 one time and 165 the next and 155 the next and had no idea where I missed it on the club. I will gladly give a little distance for that. I would also say if I went and had the Hogan’s bent to XP angles the Hogan’s would be as long anyone.
Any other thing I like about this set it how the combo blends. My 7 is 150 and my 8 is 140 so no drop off at all.
The DBM black finish is the best black finish out there. Faces still look great. I love pitching with the PW because it’s not Balky like some PW.
I am an average ball striker at best and I love them. They give good forgiveness for their class. I just wish more people would try them.
weather is hit and miss here so won’t be playing much when I am able to get out on the course.
I will keep updating but please guys don’t sleep on the these irons. Now I am interested in the new Hogan’s driver

This a bit of a recap of what I have said before in this thread but want to give my 4 month recap. My previous sets were Epic Forged and PXG XP both delofted missile launchers. The Hogan’s about one club shorter (which they should be) I hit 7 iron in average 160 with the EF I am around 150 with the Hogan’s. The thing I love is I know where my miss is by the feedback with these. I did not get that with EF and XP. I also know with these a well struck 7 iron is going 150, with the EF and XP it might be 160 one time and 165 the next and 155 the next and had no idea where I missed it on the club. I will gladly give a little distance for that. I would also say if I went and had the Hogan’s bent to XP angles the Hogan’s would be as long anyone.
Any other thing I like about this set it how the combo blends. My 7 is 150 and my 8 is 140 so no drop off at all.
The DBM black finish is the best black finish out there. Faces still look great. I love pitching with the PW because it’s not Balky like some PW.
I am an average ball striker at best and I love them. They give good forgiveness for their class. I just wish more people would try them.
weather is hit and miss here so won’t be playing much when I am able to get out on the course.
I will keep updating but please guys don’t sleep on the these irons. Now I am interested in the new Hogan’s driver
Soooo looking forward to getting my new set, if the heads ever reach Europe.
Sadly the season is ending here soon, but i expect to use them through the winter on the range and indoors to be ready for the new season, also have a brand new set of black equalizer wedge on the way.

dbm finish is the bomb. do you think it has affected the sound/feel at all?

The DBM finish on certain carbon steel hardens the steel to where it can too brittle to bend more than a degree. In those cases such as the original DBM heads from Maltby you can really tell the difference in hardness when playing.
The Hogan carbon steel is so soft it still retains all the ability to be bent and adjusted. So I think the difference might be negligible. The steel does become harder in all applications though.

I don't think it makes much difference. I have not played the same Hogan with each of the finishes, but my DBM sets are pretty competitive with similar chromed sets from other OEMS. I don't feel any clickiness.

I don't think it makes much difference. I have not played the same Hogan with each of the finishes, but my DBM sets are pretty competitive with similar chromed sets from other OEMS. I don't feel any clickiness.

I was amazed how well the finish had held up on those.

I was amazed how well the finish had held up on those.

True Story. I've got an Equalizer SW with a bunch more use (than any single iron) + bunker play and it looks just as good!

Combo set and 3 & 4 UiHi on the way, hoping to get out a few times before Winter sets in

Now that is what a Hogan should feel like!!
My 8-Pw Icon Blacks showed up today. They had the basic S300 shafts in them so I threw on some grips and let them rip.
Right away the quality of the feel at impact just felt right. You can tell exactly where you made contact. Moving through the ball felt effortless and seemed very familiar. Thank fully the DBM finish shows witness marks of range balls perfectly. So after each shot I took a quick look. Easy to find the center of the club. I had a few towards the toe but I knew without even looking. Wasn't horrible with the distance loss either.
This is what the PTx Pros should feel like. Being a so called solid design in the 8-Pw they should feel similar. Night and day difference. I know some guys love them,, I just could find that happy spot.
Dispersion was excellent and though I haven't swung an S300 in a long time its a shaft I know well. I could certainly feel the weight.
I took some base line numbers so ill look at the data in a while.

Now that is what a Hogan should feel like!!
My 8-Pw Icon Blacks showed up today. They had the basic S300 shafts in them so I threw on some grips and let them rip.
Right away the quality of the feel at impact just felt right. You can tell exactly where you made contact. Moving through the ball felt effortless and seemed very familiar. Thank fully the DBM finish shows witness marks of range balls perfectly. So after each shot I took a quick look. Easy to find the center of the club. I had a few towards the toe but I knew without even looking. Wasn't horrible with the distance loss either.
This is what the PTx Pros should feel like. Being a so called solid design in the 8-Pw they should feel similar. Night and day difference. I know some guys love them,, I just could find that happy spot.
Dispersion was excellent and though I haven't swung an S300 in a long time its a shaft I know well. I could certainly feel the weight.
I took some base line numbers so ill look at the data in a while.

That sounds so great i am soooo looking forward to getting my black combo set, my fitter has received the the ptx irons and hopefully the icons show up next week along with my black wedges :D.

Can´t wait to hit them on the range, haven't had new irons and wedges in 6 years.

Last edited:
my combo set arrived today, holy crap! If they play half as good as they look, I'm a happy boy

my combo set arrived today, holy crap! If they play half as good as they look, I'm a happy boy
They do. Trust me, they do. 🔥🔥🔥

One of the worst things about my career at sea.. Is spending time with a great iron to immediately ship out the next day.
Now you spend the next two weeks plotting and scheming how I'm gonna wring them out.
BRUTAL...

At last, the golf gods are with me, 9 and 6 iron are being built today for testing. :D
Love this but damn, now I will not be set 1 of 1 haha.
look forward to your thoughts. I played last Saturday and the hogans were on point again. Shot an 84 from the blues at Highland Springs @Jman can verify this is a good score from 6800 for me. And speaking of Jman it’s going to be 70 on Friday and Saturday this week you need a day trip or overnight trip, I know you want some Roccos pizza again

Back