Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

Still a solid performer for me. 2 months after my first putt with the BHM01, it's a solid feel, easy to lineup, and has reduced my putts round. This one will be around for a long time.

I’m getting better results with the BHB02. I’m still struggling on slower greens but it’s getting better. I’m gaining confidence back with every putt. It really is a great putter. The look, feel, and sound are all top shelf. I’m not one to change putters because I think it’s the most important club and you need consistency so I’m living with this one through the ups and downs. Its trending up for sure though

Still hovering around the 1-2 putts per hole which as sad as that is, is a welcome change. Today I made a 30 footer for par that I previously would never make. Quality putter for a great price!

I’ve got the BHB01 Hogan putter and the thing I like about this the most is the set up at address. Truly inspires confidence. Greens are currently aerated so I can’t give too much other than looks, feel and sound.

As I mentioned, the look at address is great. The sound is a little more “pingy” than what I’m used to and the feel feels a little softer than what I’m used to.

Not a bad thing on any of those but I do want to get this on a normal green to see how it performs with my lag putting and if I can hit the lines I’d like to.

Honestly, I think this could be sneaky good from first impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

e1iterate;n8897446 said:
I’ve got the BHB01 Hogan putter and the thing I like about this the most is the set up at address. Truly inspires confidence. Greens are currently aerated so I can’t give too much other than looks, feel and sound.

As I mentioned, the look at address is great. The sound is a little more “pingy” than what I’m used to and the feel feels a little softer than what I’m used to.

Not a bad thing on any of those but I do want to get this on a normal green to see how it performs with my lag putting and if I can hit the lines I’d like to.

Honestly, I think this could be sneaky good from first impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed, I had just bought my Bettinardi before I got into the Hogan event and thought that I wouldn't change putters once the event was over and I had reviewed it. Here we are a couple months later and it's still in my bag. Had a couple people checking it out this past weekend at the scramble I was at and they were really impressed.

3 month Review:

BHM01 Putter
The putter is probably the most controversial of the entire lineup based on price alone. Most people will have a hard time forking $250 over for a putter they can't roll in the store. It's a little outside the range of their other clubs value. As it's been discussed in here, you have to go apples to apples. It's a forged milled face putter. Try finding a big name or boutique with those qualities and DBM finish that sells for $250. Don't worry, I'll wait. I've seen significant gains in my putts per hole since I've adopted this. Another bang for the buck offering from Hogan.

My overall rating looks like this:
Playability: 9/10
Looks: 9/10
Fit & Finish: 9/10
Sound: 9/10
Forgiveness: 9/10
Bang for the $$$: 10/10

Final notes:
Like most THP members, I own a handful of putters and they haven't left the basement since I got home from the event. Usually, when I struggle with putting, I look for anything to fix it including buying used, budget putters. I haven't hit that spot with this putter. I've been able to limit the number of 3 putts by producing either putts that drop, or exemplary lag putts that are close enough for a tap in, and that's when I'm a smidge off with my equalizer wedges, which is becoming less and less. Cannot recommend this putter enough!

Last edited:
Put the BHB-03 back in the bag today after using the SeeMore mFGP a lot recently. Rolled the ball very well, including draining a 35 footer for birdie and making a couple of 7 or 8 footers to save pars. Speed control was spot on, something I had been struggling with lately with the SeeMore. Out greens are faster than they have been in a good while thanks to the recent aeration and lack of rain.

Last edited:
BHB02 is still rolling along in my bag. Got along great with it last week as I played 9-1/2 rounds over 6 days.

Qwkz51;n8904616 said:
3 month Review:

BHM01 Putter
The putter is probably the most controversial of the entire lineup based on price alone. Most people will have a hard time forking $250 over for a putter they can't roll in the store. It's a little outside the range of their other clubs value. As it's been discussed in here, you have to go apples to apples. It's a forged milled face putter. Try finding a big name or boutique with those qualities and DBM finish that sells for $250. Don't worry, I'll wait. I've seen significant gains in my putts per hole since I've adopted this. Another bang for the buck offering from Hogan.

My overall rating looks like this:
Playability: 9/10
Looks: 9/10
Fit & Finish: 9/10
Sound: 9/10
Forgiveness: 9/10
Bang for the $$$: 10/10

Final notes:
Like most THP members, I own a handful of putters and they haven't left the basement since I got home from the event. Usually, when I struggle with putting, I look for anything to fix it including buying used, budget putters. I haven't hit that spot with this putter. I've been able to limit the number of 3 putts by producing either putts that drop, or exemplary lag putts that are close enough for a tap in, and that's when I'm a smidge off with my equalizer wedges, which is becoming less and less. Cannot recommend this putter enough!

Agreed, the Bettinardi of mine hasn't even been put in the bag for a single round since I got this putter. I just absolutely love the feel and the results I have been seeing (Outside of that 2 footer at the event haha).

I’m still struggling on our slow greens with the BHB02. I had a SeeMore in the bag for a handful of rounds and putted really well. Put the Hogan back in my last 2 9 hole rounds and I had 27 & 30 putts after averaging 25 with the SeeMore. I’m not giving up but I think it’s too light for our slow greens

I just received an email from Ben Hogan Golf that the putters are now apart of the demo program!

I just received an email from Ben Hogan Golf that the putters are now apart of the demo program!
I'm still gaming and loving the Mallet you let me try.
2ee09951a0f22081cf0c02650bf5c40e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Was just coming in here to post that. Tempted to try the BHB-02 and/or the BHM-01.

This putter is still in the bag for me and still performing very well. I've had a couple people who I hadn't played with ask to look at it and were very impressed with the quality of the putter. I'm thinking of regripping my Bettinardi to match this super stroke grip and comparing the two. I still find it funny that I didn't think I would like the grip but not I don't think I can play a regular grip anymore.

Putter was soooo good today in our scramble. They set the pins up on every hole in ridiculous locations but I was rolling it so well today. I made 5 putts outside 10 feet and had so much confidence.

Has anyone added some weight to the grip end of their putt. I just did and it totally changed the feel, in a positive way.

Birdies are now within my sights. Locked on target.
Fire torpedo. Boom.

Shot 75 today and the putter was a huge reason for that. I made a lot of putts in the 4-6 foot range that could have made my score go the other way in a hurry. I have noticed that on faster greens I am having a much easier time rolling in putts with this putter.

This putter is still in the bag for me and still performing very well. I've had a couple people who I hadn't played with ask to look at it and were very impressed with the quality of the putter. I'm thinking of regripping my Bettinardi to match this super stroke grip and comparing the two. I still find it funny that I didn't think I would like the grip but not I don't think I can play a regular grip anymore.

Do you think its the shape? Feel? What gives you the confidence in this one, because a playing partner I play with said the exact same thing.

Do you think its the shape? Feel? What gives you the confidence in this one, because a playing partner I play with said the exact same thing.
The question was addressed to Ohio, but for me the shape is a factor but it's the feel off the face. I didn't realize how different milled versus insert feel, but it's pretty substantial. I would love to put a similar shaped milled putter against it and see the difference.

So the other putters I have are pretty much identical in shape and looks to this one except the feel coming off the face of the Hogan is phenomenal. I've let a few people test it out on the green and they've all said the same thing.

The question was addressed to Ohio, but for me the shape is a factor but it's the feel off the face. I didn't realize how different milled versus insert feel, but it's pretty substantial. I would love to put a similar shaped milled putter against it and see the difference.
So the other putters I have are pretty much identical in shape and looks to this one except the feel coming off the face of the Hogan is phenomenal. I've let a few people test it out on the green and they've all said the same thing.

Thanks guys. Enjoying the feedback so far.

I installed a Pro Only Red on my BHB02 last week and have a few rounds on it. It seemed to help get my feel back with this putter and my putting was respectable over the weekend. Played 9 last night on my home course and the greens were horrible so I can’t really comment on that round.

One thing I’ve noticed is I seem to put really well with it on faster greens or greens that are really smooth. But on slower greens or bumpy greens I really struggle with it. To be continued.......

Thanks guys. Enjoying the feedback so far.
I'm going to jump in here again. Been trying the BHM01 vs my older Cleveland Blade this entire season, and the thing that finally made me carry only the Ben Hogan is the feel. I can consistently hit a solid feeling, solid sounding, repeatable putt. With my Cleveland I could hit the sweet spot one putt, and miss it the other, The roll and feel off the face was very very different when I hit it well, and when I don't. The BHM01 seems so well balanced that it's hard to mishit the putt, IMO. My struggles in the beginning with the Hogan were, I think, mainly due to the larger Super Stroke grip, which was very different than what I was used to. Once I felt comfortable, I have continued to gain confidence. I'm not making all my putts inside of 10 feet or anything, but I have reduced my 3 putts, and am getting much better on longer putts. To hear and feel a solid putt gives me so much confidence.

The BHM01 just checks so many boxes. #1 for me is alignment. If I use the alignment aid on the putter and the line I draw on the ball, I feel super confident when standing over the ball. 2 is feel. This putter feels soft and better than any other putter I have owned. 3 is roll. This mallet rolls true. The more I use it, the more I feel like I can make the putt I am standing over. The biggest testament to this putter is @Johan185 used mine for 9 holes and went and ordered one for himself as soon as he left the course!

The BHM01 just checks so many boxes. #1 for me is alignment. If I use the alignment aid on the putter and the line I draw on the ball, I feel super confident when standing over the ball. 2 is feel. This putter feels soft and better than any other putter I have owned. 3 is roll. This mallet rolls true. The more I use it, the more I feel like I can make the putt I am standing over. The biggest testament to this putter is @Johan185 used mine for 9 holes and went and ordered one for himself as soon as he left the course!
My BHM01, Has never left the bag since it Arrived.

I only added a 2.5 gram weight to the butt end of the club to counter balance the putter. Which improved my tempo and distance control.

It beat out the competition of Evnroll ER6, and Taylormade Ardmore 3.
09980b98f57e9873dc28cd60fc4cc290.jpg

Back