Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

This putter was great this weekend! Par 3 course here has small greens with a lot undulation. Guys I played with complimented me on my putting. They tried it as well and had positive feedback towards the look, feel, and performance. The only negative they mentioned was the price. But, most of these guys are playing the same equipment from the last 10-15-20 years. Highlight putt was a 20 footer downhill that broke hard left towards the pond. Greens were fast and this pin location was brutal. You had to drain it or it was going toward the cattails around the pond. It rolled true, held its line, and just slowly trickled into the cup.

This putter was great this weekend! Par 3 course here has small greens with a lot undulation. Guys I played with complimented me on my putting. They tried it as well and had positive feedback towards the look, feel, and performance. The only negative they mentioned was the price. But, most of these guys are playing the same equipment from the last 10-15-20 years. Highlight putt was a 20 footer downhill that broke hard left towards the pond. Greens were fast and this pin location was brutal. You had to drain it or it was going toward the cattails around the pond. It rolled true, held its line, and just slowly trickled into the cup.
Made 6 pars and one Birdie yesterday with mine.

Thanks for the introduction to my new best friend.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

So my season is over here in Ohio and I now have a lot of rounds in with the putter since I got it at the Ben Hogan Experience and wanted to do an end of the year review.

Looks- I went with the BHB01. The all black head with the Ben Hogan logo on the heel of the face is really clean looking. The milling on the putter face is awesome and the putter when at address has a great look to it as well. I am all in on the looks.

Performance- I love the way it feels when the ball comes off the face, it is so soft and pure and really rolls great. I have had a lot of success on faster greens with this putter, and it's been a tougher adjustment for slower greens but still really good. I just can't say enough good things about the "feel" when striking a putt off the milled face.

Overall- I was a little worried with the grip offerings when I was choosing my putter out because I've never used a super stroke grip before. I really enjoy the pistol 1.0 and don't think I can play anything else now, really love the grip. I had just bought a Bettinardi before being picked for the event and I played the whole year with the Hogan in the bag if that tells you anything about the putter. I was really shocked about the overall look and performance of the putter without them being in the putter game.

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_121658767.jpg
    IMG_20191213_121658767.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191213_121642987.jpg
    IMG_20191213_121642987.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
I am still really enjoying the BHB02. This past week, I switched back to a conventional grip from the left hand low grip I had been using for the past couple of months. Just feels more comfortable with the heavier head than I have been using for years. Still love the feel and the roll this putter puts on the ball.

Ben Hogan Golf has dropped the price of all 4 putters $55! They now retail for $195!

Putting my BHB02 back in the bag. Went out practicing with it Sunday and not sure why I changed it out (I'm a club ho is why). Putted great with it yet again. I really like this putter.

Putting my BHB02 back in the bag. Went out practicing with it Sunday and not sure why I changed it out (I'm a club ho is why). Putted great with it yet again. I really like this putter.
My BHM01 has been getting a work out this winter in preparation for Spring. I'm really enjoying getting it dialed in, and I can't wait to see how it translates when I get out on the course. I continue to love the look and feel of this putter, it continues to be a very good value in the milled putter space.

My BHM01 has been getting a work out this winter in preparation for Spring. I'm really enjoying getting it dialed in, and I can't wait to see how it translates when I get out on the course. I continue to love the look and feel of this putter, it continues to be a very good value in the milled putter space.
BHM01 is great!

BHM01 is great!
Once I got used to the heavier head, compared to my old blade, I really started to see more consistency. Both in direction, and in speed.

Mine goes in and out. Rotate it with 2 others. Will probably spend more time in the bag when the green speeds pick up. The head is heavier than the other 2 and I prefer the lighter head weight when the greens are slower.

Had a really good day putting! The Ben Hogan BHM01 is so solid! The guy I was paired with today was playing a 20 year old Odyssey Rossie putter. Had him try the Hogan, he fell in love and didn’t want to give it back. I had to give him the website to Ben Hogan so he could get one for himself!

Really like how solid this putter feels. The ball rolls true and is so easy to align!

Really like how solid this putter feels. The ball rolls true and is so easy to align!
I couldnt agree more. Really been honing in the feel with this putter indoors. Really cant wait to get it outside whenever the courses reopen. And the alignment too, really good at framing the ball. Not a straight down picture, but you get the idea.
IMG959983.jpg

So my season is over here in Ohio and I now have a lot of rounds in with the putter since I got it at the Ben Hogan Experience and wanted to do an end of the year review.

Looks- I went with the BHB01. The all black head with the Ben Hogan logo on the heel of the face is really clean looking. The milling on the putter face is awesome and the putter when at address has a great look to it as well. I am all in on the looks.

Performance- I love the way it feels when the ball comes off the face, it is so soft and pure and really rolls great. I have had a lot of success on faster greens with this putter, and it's been a tougher adjustment for slower greens but still really good. I just can't say enough good things about the "feel" when striking a putt off the milled face.

Overall- I was a little worried with the grip offerings when I was choosing my putter out because I've never used a super stroke grip before. I really enjoy the pistol 1.0 and don't think I can play anything else now, really love the grip. I had just bought a Bettinardi before being picked for the event and I played the whole year with the Hogan in the bag if that tells you anything about the putter. I was really shocked about the overall look and performance of the putter without them being in the putter game.

Nice looking putter. Hope it rolls well for you.

BHM01 felt really good out on the course yesterday. I went a stretch of 3 holes in a row with 1 putts, which for me might be a first. First one was a 10-12 footer, and the next 2 were 5-6 feet out. Overall it felt really good, and I think the work in the winter paid off, plus the feel and weight of this putter just works!

This putter is SO underrated! Please go to BenHoganGolf.com and demo it!
IMG_1988.JPGIMG_1989.JPG

Still rolling the BHM01 mid-mallet Putter. Can't see anything knocking it out of the bag! So easy to align, roles good, feels exceptional, and flat performs!

Had to do a bit of a skim to catch up on this one, but do you know if most people are sticking with the original grip, or switching it out?

Had to do a bit of a skim to catch up on this one, but do you know if most people are sticking with the original grip, or switching it out?

I put a Golf Pride Tour SNSR on mine.

I have the original Superstroke grip it came with still on it.

I have tried several different on mine. The SS came off immediately when I received it. GP Tour SNSR Contour has been on mine for a while.

I have to come back in here and heap more praise on the BHM01. Just works so well for me! Lag putts with this are so much easier than my old blade. I had a lot of long challenging putts my last round, and with the exception of one hole, saved me some strokes. The distance and feel off the face is so consistent I know what I'm going to get on long putts. Then, once I get it to 5-6 feet I have so much more confidence than before. I dont sink every 6 footer, but I'm making a lot more and those that I miss are usually not off by much. I had 2 amazing shots with this my last round:

1. Putt from the fringe down hill. A chip was out of the question, so I grabbed the putter. Had about 5 feet of fringe, then 15 feet of green before the hole. Hit a great weighted shot that rolled into the hole. So much control and got the ball rolling great off a not so great lie.
2. Hit a 30 foot birdie putt. Slightly up hill. Putter feel is so good on these longer putts, like I mentioned before that some if these putts are bound to fall, and this one did. I know I wont make a 30 footer each round, but I'm giving the ball a better chance than I used to, and that is key.

I did have one 4 putt, but it was more me not being able to practice before my round. Misjudged the speed and went off the green. Not the putters fault. Thru 2 rounds with this putter I'm averaging under 2 putts per hole, with 6 one putts and also that one putt off the fringe. Never putted that well before and was always over 2 putts per hole.

Reactions: JB
Still gaming the BHB-02 as my primary putter. Have the Two Thumb grip on it. I swear the ball comes off hotter off the putter face on this one than any other putter I have used in the past. Which is a good thing for me. I normally have a bad tendency of leaving a lot of putts short. Rarely an issue with this putter.

I love a lot of the hogan line but struggle to like the putter. I am glad it works for so many of you guys.

Back