Ben Hogan Precision Milled Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
They are beautiful. Clean look and love the finish. Thanks

Man I really like them, they look fantastic

Bold move for BH here, but they picked a nice mix of head shapes for sure. Very happy to see the BH badge back on the face, but more thankful they kept them clean and simple overall.

I do wonder what DBM is going to do feel wise though.

I really like what they are doing with the forged black heads. Even though I am a huge BH fan unless they build a blatant copy of the 7 I will have to stick with what's working for me.

That's a nice, clean look on each model and I really like the shape of that mallet. Since they are using the DBM finish I wonder what the feel will be like.

• Admin
That's a nice, clean look on each model and I really like the shape of that mallet. Since they are using the DBM finish I wonder what the feel will be like.

With the milling pattern being what it is and the surface contact with the ball, I suspect it to be pretty soft.

With the milling pattern being what it is and the surface contact with the ball, I suspect it to be pretty soft.

One reason I’m happy to see what at least appears to be an aggressive milling on them

Excited to see these released. Very traditional looks to keep in line with the brand, which I love. Players blade with flow neck initially catches my eye.

Those are absolutely beautiful! Simple and clean. I love the darker DBM finish n these heads.

Those are fantastic looking, wonder if they roll as good as they look

These look really good and I like the finish.

Some interesting design choices for sure. Going with 1020 carbon could also soften the feel, playing into the decision to go with the ultra durable DBM. Both those make these appealing imo.

The mallet particularly looks good, as I wish BH had softened a little the lines on the other models.

I know $250 for a precision milled putter is on the low end of the spectrum, but given their direct to consumer model I would have much preferred these hit right at the $199 price point. BH’s iron offerings are clearly at a budget friendly spot, and the putter price isn’t quite there at same degree.

Overall it’s a bold move from Ben Hogan; glad to see the company branching out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look great.

Love the look of these. Very clean.

I like the look of all four and I'm guessing the sharp lines will present a good look at address.

Nice looking putters, hope they are offered with black shafts as well.. make them extra sleeek

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These look awesome, i was on their site yesterday checking them out, easy have to have one to play with

Some interesting design choices for sure. Going with 1020 carbon could also soften the feel, playing into the decision to go with the ultra durable DBM. Both those make these appealing imo.

The mallet particularly looks good, as I wish BH had softened a little the lines on the other models.

I know $250 for a precision milled putter is on the low end of the spectrum, but given their direct to consumer model I would have much preferred these hit right at the $199 price point. BH’s iron offerings are clearly at a budget friendly spot, and the putter price isn’t quite there at same degree.

Overall it’s a bold move from Ben Hogan; glad to see the company branching out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my initial thought on the pricing as well. It seems a little aggressive to come in at that price point when the product isn't readily available to see in hand but I imagine they have done their research and went with it for a reason.

I love seeing them expand in to this area. I've been a supporter of Ben Hogan since they came back and love seeing that they are growing their catalog.

these look real clean and I could see myself loving the BHB01

They are beautiful putters. That's for sure. Seems like a bold move entering into the already crowded milled putter market.

Just spent a several minutes on their webpage looking hard at all 4 models and the BHB03 would definitely be my choice.

Nice write-up JB. The DBM finish is a HUGE part of the offering, I like the head shapes and the precision milling. The $250 pricepoint, though competitive with other offerings does put it a little high IMO. Looking forward to rolling one.

To add the DMB finish will probably make these some of the most durable putters out there.

Nice looking putter, it's very clean and I believe should do well in the market.

Back