Ben Hogan PTx Irons Review Thread

The ones I picked up had UST Recoil, so I cant help you there, but we will have a new set of steel on the THP Tour Van hitting all of our events and local get togethers and I will let you know whats in them.

Being a fan of Recoil this is exciting. Any chance a set of these will be in Alabama this weekend?

Being a fan of Recoil this is exciting. Any chance a set of these will be in Alabama this weekend?

They are still trying to overnight us a set, but running into availability.

They are still trying to overnight us a set, but running into availability.

Let me know if I need to drive over to Fort Worth and pick a set up tomorrow. Know that doesn't help the availability issue though.

Able and willing. :act-up:

Just for fun and because I love the look of these irons I priced out a set of these irons and they were $163 per club. That's fairly expensive but probably worth it! Might find out after I get a chance to hit them.

Just for fun and because I love the look of these irons I priced out a set of these irons and they were $163 per club. That's fairly expensive but probably worth it! Might find out after I get a chance to hit them.

I might beat you too it. I'm already plotting my plan of attack!!!

I might beat you too it. I'm already plotting my plan of attack!!!

It might be a race. I spent several hours yesterday on the site trying to figure out what lofts I want.

These are very interesting, they look a lot like the APEX pros in head shape to me but apparently have more forgiveness built in.

For those that have seen these in person... Can you relate them size wise to another current iron set? Apex? Apex pro? AP2? AP1? etc. Anything! :)

I held it in my hand at the PGA show and too me it was very close to the APEX Pro 16 in size.

Pulled the trigger on the pre-order for PTx irons this morning. Fully refundable $100. Paperwork shows it as a gift certificate with a code to use when ordering. Also based on email it gets you in the queue for the clubs when available. Played Hogans for 30 plus years and looks like I will be playing them again.

Keith

Last edited:
Congrats!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pulled the trigger on the pre-order for PTx irons this morning. Fully refundable $100. Paperwork shows it as a gift certificate with a code to use when ordering. Also based on email it gets you in the queue for the clubs when available. Played Hogans for 30 plus years and looks like I will be playing them again.

Keith
Can't wait to see some in hand pics of these!

Keith
I hate and love you for this! So glad someone here is doing this right away. I wish I could pull the trigger but going to wait a bit to let you rub it in and say how awesome they are!

Well look what just arrived
aedf3ca206efaf3229c6d1fc56547baa.jpg

A thing of beauty!

Ummm..... Yeah!

Stunning.

Classy

Very, very nice.

Looks sweet

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Man they do look very good! I'll send my address so you can forward then on.

Those are really solid looking irons.

Back