Ben Hogan PTx Irons Review Thread

Are you ready for PTx Pro irons? Just saw a video on their YouTube channel about them. No details but they sure are pretty. Appears that is what they were teasing about with their 4/8/19 social media posts early this week.

They look like a slightly more retro version of the PTx. I'm really curious what they've changed from the PTx.

Looks like they are selling the "original" PTx irons in their outlet store for $600.00 4-pw with either steel or graphite. Now that is a deal!!!

They look like a slightly more retro version of the PTx. I'm really curious what they've changed from the PTx.

From the website: PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset. These refinements represent years of testing and feedback from players who want a slightly higher, more stable ball flight.

Just went on their website and apparently it is a replacement. PTx irons are on sale for $600 and PTx Pro are slotted in at the same retail ($770) that the PTx irons were about a half hour ago. That $600 price tempts the heck out of me to pick up another set.

Scanning through the description of the Pro, I don't see any compare and contrast between the 2 models. They just look a little more demanding even though it appears they meant to be a replacement / update.

From the website: PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset. These refinements represent years of testing and feedback from players who want a slightly higher, more stable ball flight.

You read it more carefully than I did. Sounds like they should be a little easier to hit although my impression by looking at them seemed they were a little more demanding. They did go with the higher lofts (22* 4 iron - 46* PW). As a PTx lover, I certainly want to try them badly!

a764375481885bdb6b33a075644c79f6.jpg

Hambone likey....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing a comment in here to make this thread easier to find later tonight. Plan on going through all the info I can on the original PTx to see if the next iteration is something I'll be interested in. Word on the street is that this thread is quite the resource for feedback on them.

Recently benched my 4 hybrids and PTx Pro 4 iron in favor of the original PTx 4 iron. Has turned out to be a great move. Hit it just as far as any of the other 3 clubs that were relegated to my extra club bags and with better consistency. Still favor the PTx Pros in 5 - PW though.

My OG PTx are still performing quite well. My lessons have got me swinging better and these irons are giving me results.

Finally pulled the trigger and replaced the stock grips on my PTx Pro's. Replaced them with Lamkin Crossline Plus standard grips. Got a chance to het out and use them last night and I am quite pleased. The irons have been performing very well for me since I made a swing change back in August. The new grips add another dimension of confidence, looking forward to getting out later this week for another round.

Put this set back in play yesterday and will likely keep them in the bag through February, or until the weather turns nice and warm again. May lose a few yards when compared to the PTx Pro set, but I lose some distance anyway in the colder weather and these are just as accurate for me. Not really much of a change for me as the shafts and specs are identical to my PTx Pro set.

Back