Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

From the website

PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset.

That seems a little backward to be compared to what we usually see from Pro models. I can't tell if these are supposed to be easier or harder to hit than the original.

That’s too bad. Would have liked to see them maintain the same size and offset as the PTx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking Irons. Would love to hit these and feel how the hollow body long Irons feel.

These look amazing! An improved PTx is an iron that I can get excited about. Hmm...

You may as well just pull the trigger right away Jim.

Nice looking iron!! Very classy looking.

From the website

PTx PRO Irons offer a slightly larger face profile and sole width compared to the original PTx Irons. Plus, our engineers and designers added slightly more offset.

That seems a little backward to be compared to what we usually see from Pro models. I can't tell if these are supposed to be easier or harder to hit than the original.

I think if viewed as regular and pro that might be the case. If you check out our home page article, you will see this is more of a replacement than compliment.

The size and offset might not be all that visible to most. In hand it’s definitely geared towards performance.

I am very impressed with this design, for a lot of reasons.

If they can get the blend right, with the sound right, that is so big. Also, that is CHEAP for hollow body.

I think if viewed as regular and pro that might be the case. If you check out our home page article, you will see this is more of a replacement than compliment.

The size and offset might not be all that visible to most. In hand it’s definitely geared towards performance.

I missed that it was a replacement when I read it this morning. With that being the case it should be pretty easy to figure out since they'll only have the 3 models to choose from. While they still have stock of the original PTx I could see some confusion though.

They were sneaky with their promo pics that looked like a driver face...While these look great, I'm sticking with my Blacks for now. Now, if they EVER re-produce the original Edge or later Ft. Worth Edge models, I will throw them all my money. Those were my best irons ever. I still have the Ft. Worth Edge's and still hit them occasionally... well, once a year.

I missed that it was a replacement when I read it this morning. With that being the case it should be pretty easy to figure out since they'll only have the 3 models to choose from. While they still have stock of the original PTx I could see some confusion though.

Definitely. I think as it depletes that changes, but yes with both on there it might be confusing.

I like the clean look for these irons. Hopefully the hollow body design in the long irons doesn't result in less desirable feel and acoustics like we've seen in some other iron releases. The original Ptx had a cult following so it's exciting to see these released. I'm pulling for BH to succeed!

Best looking (modern) Hogan iron to date. Very interested in seeing these in person. This may be one that I demo. Every bit as gorgeous and modern looking as any other big OEM has produced.

I wonder if they will ever tweak the set makeup. Let's say start the hollow body around the 6 iron or so instead of the 7. But, I suppose as long as the set blends well and doesn't sound and feel drastically different from the 8 to the 7, then it's really a non issue.

I like the clean look for these irons. Hopefully the hollow body design in the long irons doesn't result in less desirable feel and acoustics like we've seen in some other iron releases. The original Ptx had a cult following so it's exciting to see these released. I'm pulling for BH to succeed!

As a high ranking member of that cult, I had no issue with the feel or sound of the 4 - 6 irons. They are the easiest to hit of any set that I can ever recall. First time in many, many years that I did not cringe when pulling a 4 or 5 iron out of my bag.

I get free shipping if I buy the set, but no shipping option for the demo program. Would gladly pay shipping for the demo clubs, so may contact them and see if something can be set up.

Wondering if they will eventually offer LH in this Pro line like they offer in the PTx?

I get free shipping if I buy the set, but no shipping option for the demo program. Would gladly pay shipping for the demo clubs, so may contact them and see if something can be set up.

I did the same thing, but I contacted them with both an e-mail and a call (left message). Hopefully they'll call back or reply soon. When they do I'll update.

I'm not a fan of the old BH seal/logo, but these look good overall. Definitely better looking than the original PTx, and I'm glad they dropped the metal stamp/insert from the old set.

Not sure I like or understand the "Pro" moniker for an iron with larger size and increased offset.
But at the same time, it's just a name.

One of the knocks on the originals was that they were high spin. Do you know if they addressed this with the Pros, JB?

I love the look and the prominent Ben Hogan signature. They look like a serious players club.

i think these look great. that's also an excellent price for an iron that looks relatively premium.

kind of curious what tour pros had input on these, though.

One of the knocks on the originals was that they were high spin. Do you know if they addressed this with the Pros, JB?

I love the look and the prominent Ben Hogan signature. They look like a serious players club.

I think you are going to find some really good consistency. The hollow body change in cut off should address some of the concerns in my opinion.

Went ahead and ordered the demo clubs. The web page is now accepting shipping on these fyi

Went ahead and ordered the demo clubs. The web page is now accepting shipping on these fyi

Looking forward to your thoughts obedt.

Looking forward to your thoughts obedt.

I'll be sure to share pics and my thoughts JB. Looks like I'll hold off on replacing the 1031s until I get these in hand since a proper comparison may be beneficial for some. After the most recent twitter meltdown I was ready to move on so this release is very timely.

These like magnificent. Can't wait for the reviews to come in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I pulled the trigger on these also.

Back