Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

Really enjoy having these in the 5,6,7 spot, they let me get away with a little more than I should at times, and I’m ok with that :ROFLMAO:

Biggest standout is the thin miss, I often get a flight and carry still that make me laugh, a lot.

c7bc409a6eccd048d80fb0c9cef8bd21.jpg

ba6c31857184d8f90d1b816b3c7de761.jpg

Today started a whole new adventure in golf!!! WITB: PTX Pro 4-PW Equalizer 50, 56 and 60 degree wedges, GS53 3 and 5 fairway woods and 10.5 degree GS53 driver. A few hours at the training facility then a quick 9 at my home course; 5 pars, 3 bogeys and a double... that one hole you wish you had back...but for brand new clubs on day 1...LOVE 'EM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I freaking love these irons. I’ve finally have honed these in, but noticed I’ve lost a few yards across the board. Don’t mind it at all!

Accuracy, Accuracy, ACCURACY... and the Equalizer wedges...SO NICE!!!!

Absolutely!!! I’ll take being accurate over distance any day of the week.

Absolutely!!! I’ll take being accurate over distance any day of the week.
I was just having this conversation today. My ball flight and dispersion was a bit better with the PTx Pros than with the Forged Tecs I have been carrying lately. And I miss the feeling of these as well, so smooth.

I was just having this conversation today. My ball flight and dispersion was a bit better with the PTx Pros than with the Forged Tecs I have been carrying lately. And I miss the feeling of these as well, so smooth.
Will you be the 2nd THPer to have Ben Hogan irons kick the Forged Tec irons out of the bag?!

I get complimented on the driving range all the time about my PTx Pro irons! Guys always are blown away by the looks. I let them try them and the just fall in love with the performance and feel. Then, when I tell them the price, their minds explode! Just cleaned mine up after playing 18, a couple par 3 trips, and a few range sessions. Pound for pound, or better yet, dollar for dollar, these irons are hard to beat!

Will you be the 2nd THPer to have Ben Hogan irons kick the Forged Tec irons out of the bag?!

I don’t know, but I think they will find their spot from time to time. I really love them, and darn do they look good with the back custom Recoils.

My eyes have been drawn towards the PTX pro’s now I keep reading the reviews and you guys are honestly fueling the fire.

I went the other way. Like both sets, but the forgiveness is very different between them.

a7ae85724be82b34d3bb9524ff11a5ba.jpg

Par 3: 182 to the pin. 7 iron played to 174-176. Excellent trajectory, 1 hop and stop about 6 feet from impact. I don't find that the PTX Pro's play short or overly lofty thus far. Straight and true, through and through.

Popping in here to say two things. First, I continue to love the PTx Pros. Second, in a moment of go for broke judgement, I accidentally hit a large embedded rock near the edge of the woods. I hit it hard enough it stopped my swing short. I was worried I gouged it but barely scuffed the toe. The only thing that has scuffed DBM to date.

5F9376C6-2943-4CEB-AE3D-8414DA687450.jpeg

Also, minimal bag chatter after ~15 rounds they look fantastic.

E602C4A8-9757-41B6-A892-589F66084BC3.jpeg4DF618F5-7CCD-4F07-B4ED-78A93A703B43.jpeg

Popping in here to say two things. First, I continue to love the PTx Pros. Second, in a moment of go for broke judgement, I accidentally hit a large embedded rock near the edge of the woods. I hit it hard enough it stopped my swing short. I was worried I gouged it but barely scuffed the toe. The only thing that has scuffed DBM to date.

View attachment 8956191

Also, minimal bag chatter after ~15 rounds they look fantastic.

View attachment 8956192View attachment 8956193
Love the black PTx Pros

Love the black PTx Pros

I might be going though a phase, but I may be ruined on any other finish. I dabbled last year with black clubs for the first time with Cleveland RTX4 wedges in black, and was pretty happy. Now this season with a full bag of DBM PTx Pros and Equalizers, I haven't been tempted by a chrome club all season. DBM = GOOD.

I might be going though a phase, but I may be ruined on any other finish. I dabbled last year with black clubs for the first time with Cleveland RTX4 wedges in black, and was pretty happy. Now this season with a full bag of DBM PTx Pros and Equalizers, I haven't been tempted by a chrome club all season. DBM = GOOD.

Im with you on DBM. Going dark it is pretty much all I will consider.

The DBM finish has to be witchcraft. It has held up so well, and I have used my 7 iron a ton. I’ll post some pics up because the sole is showing some wear, but it basically made it a cooler gunmetal kind of look.

The DBM finish has to be witchcraft. It has held up so well, and I have used my 7 iron a ton. I’ll post some pics up because the sole is showing some wear, but it basically made it a cooler gunmetal kind of look.

The patina on the leading bounce of my 58* Equalizer is getting pretty amazing. Polished gunmetal.

Agreed...my golfing partners asked me about my PTx Pro’s!!! Now they all want them.

Walked out to the Par 3 course today. It was finally cleaned up and cleared after the hurricane came through Monday. Walked up to hole 5 which is the longest hole of the course. It’s 125 yards with all carry over water. It also runs parallel to Snow’s Cut inlet, so wind is usually a nightmare. Oddly, a resident had a 2/3 of his buddies and their wives out playing with them. They waved me through. So, I’m standing on this tee box with 7 or 8 people watching and usually that just means disaster! I grab the PW, put a hell of a swing on it, the ball starts a little right of the flag and just gently turns over tracking at the pin!😳 It bounced then stopped just short of the hole. The “gallery” started congratulating me on a great shot. They were like we thought it was going in! Walk up to the green and I’m about 2 feet short of the hole. Tap in the birdie, and get out of their way!

Walked out to the Par 3 course today. It was finally cleaned up and cleared after the hurricane came through Monday. Walked up to hole 5 which is the longest hole of the course. It’s 125 yards with all carry over water. It also runs parallel to Snow’s Cut inlet, so wind is usually a nightmare. Oddly, a resident had a 2/3 of his buddies and their wives out playing with them. They waved me through. So, I’m standing on this tee box with 7 or 8 people watching and usually that just means disaster! I grab the PW, put a hell of a swing on it, the ball starts a little right of the flag and just gently turns over tracking at the pin!😳 It bounced then stopped just short of the hole. The “gallery” started congratulating me on a great shot. They were like we thought it was going in! Walk up to the green and I’m about 2 feet short of the hole. Tap in the birdie, and get out of their way!
Man just imagine had it rolled in!!!

As promised, this is the condition of my 7 iron after having put it through the ringer since November. I am extremely impressed.
0D17C68A-0923-4AE4-9B1E-A22456481FE9.jpeg0CB23035-1E64-4E94-B0E9-D46307AF9717.jpegFD2FA6E5-F2B9-42D2-96B1-78BEE4E42F33.jpeg

The black Pro’s are really calling to me. The bad exchange rate is the only thing hurting me from pulling the trigger

Back