Ben Hogan PTx Pro Forged Irons

A few pictures of my most used clubs after 4+ months of heavy use. Oh yeah, and I had another almost perfect round with the irons last night.

20190919_181525.jpg

20190919_181535.jpg

20190919_181634.jpg

20190919_181647.jpg

Nice @justincredible that thing has some character, but still looks great.

Nice @justincredible that thing has some character, but still looks great.

Yep, they still shine like they did on day one, but show plenty of character. I will say, those first few rounds I cringed at all the bag chatter but now I love the sound as I walk the course. It's almost therapeutic.

Yep, they still shine like they did on day one, but show plenty of character. I will say, those first few rounds I cringed at all the bag chatter but now I love the sound as I walk the course. It's almost therapeutic.

I had switched these out to hit my srixons with the heavier shafts and next round I am going to put these back in the bag and see if I can get them dialed in. If not, the next step will be to get recoil 110s in them because I really love the irons. I just wished they had a tad larger selection for shafts/grips.

Still my go to, I love these irons!

I had switched these out to hit my srixons with the heavier shafts and next round I am going to put these back in the bag and see if I can get them dialed in. If not, the next step will be to get recoil 110s in them because I really love the irons. I just wished they had a tad larger selection for shafts/grips.
This is the main reason I went with another set after I demo'ed the Hogan's.

This is the main reason I went with another set after I demo'ed the Hogan's.

What did you wind up going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you wind up going with?

Mizuno 919 Forged - I wanted to love the Hogans, but couldn't get it together with the shafts I demo'ed.

Mizuno 919 Forged - I wanted to love the Hogans, but couldn't get it together with the shafts I demo'ed.

Can’t go wrong with mizunos. I still
Have my old set of mp60’s in the corner of my shop.

For those that have been following this thread and the Graphite Challenge upcoming THP Event.
We will be giving a set of these away with custom shafts coming up very soon.

For those that have been following this thread and the Graphite Challenge upcoming THP Event.
This is pretty kick ass.

Christmas will come early for someone in THP land.

IMG_20191005_075535.jpg

Good day for a round of golf

I pla

I played this morning. A birdie, 6 pars and some others. Lately, I’m on a stretch of finding the worse possible place to miss a green. Ugh.

hope you played well!

I struggled a bit today and have been for a couple weeks now, but I hung in there and scrambled. After going out in 42 I played better on the back sitting 1 over, 37 with a double. Still hot down here in GA, but the wind picked up and kept us cool.

Got out the other day with these and still a big fan of these heads. I am currently thinking about swapping out the shafts though and putting in the recoil 110s which I have been fit for in the past and really enjoy. I think the combination of these heads with those shafts can be even better for me than they already are.

Got out the other day with these and still a big fan of these heads. I am currently thinking about swapping out the shafts though and putting in the recoil 110s which I have been fit for in the past and really enjoy. I think the combination of these heads with those shafts can be even better for me than they already are.

So far, I've had only one bad round with irons. I made an adjustment at MOKH with @LLIB and @KY Golfer to change my swing. I was over swinging them and spraying my shots. So I backed down, lost a little distance and went with a knockdown shot to finish out. In doing so, it allowed me to slow my swing down and adjust the take-away so I wasn't going past parallel...because that happens with my swing sometimes. :oops: Overall, these are excellent and looks like irons are one less thing I'll be looking to replace this winter.

So far, I've had only one bad round with irons. I made an adjustment at MOKH with @LLIB and @KY Golfer to change my swing. I was over swinging them and spraying my shots. So I backed down, lost a little distance and went with a knockdown shot to finish out. In doing so, it allowed me to slow my swing down and adjust the take-away so I wasn't going past parallel...because that happens with my swing sometimes. :oops: Overall, these are excellent and looks like irons are one less thing I'll be looking to replace this winter.

You should play that type of shot more often. You were having really good success with it

6 more THPers will be getting a set of these this weekend and I am sure will have a lot to say.

6 more THPers will be getting a set of these this weekend and I am sure will have a lot to say.
I'm looking forward to hearing what they think. The original were one of the top iron sets I've hit and I love seeing people enjoy this new model.

Can't wait to give these a try this weekend.

I am a long time Hogan fan who was lucky enough to be going to this event, and I am HYPED about getting back into a set of Hogans. So many good testimonials in this thread!

I'm excited to see some other people get to try these out. I know I wouldn't have tried them if I wasn't in the event. I'm happy I got that chance because they are great irons. Can't wait to hear your guy's feedback as well.

Back